πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

your youth in florida where you were too cool to cheer for a local team because you were a front running loser?

Ha. My entire family are die hardΒ Cowboys fans from Texas. I lived in Pensacola, Emmitt Smiths family were clients of my moms. We moved to Texas when I was 8. There is nothing friont runner about it.

Dont you live in Vegas, Raiders fan..

Edited by Matts4313

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Well fellas, looks like you guys are going to be bottom dwellers while Dallas and Washington fight for the division. Just like my youth.Β 

gonna be a down couple years unless Wentz miraculously flips back.
Though depending how we draft this year and next we could be back pretty quick with a new HC.Β 

Washington has to get a QB, needs more weapons. All possible but now's their time while some of those pieces on D are on rookie deals.
they might actually be good for the first time since I started even mildly watch football.

Not really worried all that much about you becoming some super team. But in the crappy NFC east? yeah it'll be a battle.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

gonna be a down couple years unless Wentz miraculously flips back.
Though depending how we draft this year and next we could be back pretty quick with a new HC.Β 

Washington has to get a QB, needs more weapons. All possible but now's their time while some of those pieces on D are on rookie deals.
they might actually be good for the first time since I started even mildly watch football.

Not really worried all that much about you becoming some super team. But in the crappy NFC east? yeah it'll be a battle.

We are one fletcher cox level DT away from being a competitive team again. Assuming we dont have 1/2 our team on IR again, of course.Β 

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Ha. My entire family are die hardΒ Cowboys fans from Texas. I lived in Pensacola, Emmitt Smiths family were clients of my moms. We moved to Texas when I was 8. There is nothing friont runner about it.

Dont you live in Vegas, Raiders fan..

I moved to vegas when i was 11 and im gonna move to tampa later this year.

Β 

So haha the bucs are still in the playoffs which makes me the best.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

We are one fletcher cox level DT away from being a competitive team again. Assuming we dont have 1/2 our team on IR again, of course.Β 

OhΒ is that all? I suppose it's easier to find a guy like 30 year old Fletch.

I'm very much in a glass house here. Just seems like you guys are headed to the fate that always happens. Solid team with some star players, that tries to resign everybody and run it back "finally get one next year". Romo/TO Boys were that, Romo/Dex team was like that, and this team is very much like that. When can you unload Zeke?Β 

i just don't think McCarthy is any good. He had to go to the schticky well so much this year, that stuff grows old rather quick.
Certainly could happen but feel like it's been that way for a decade in Dallas, save for 2015.

Will be important who your DC is.Lots of bad ways to go. Also who is the number 2 on offense because all it takes is one good year and Kellen Moore is gone. To either a cush college job, little less likely a HC job. Obviously it's a good problem to have but staff doesn't seem built well to really be a dominant team for years.

19 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

did he play well all game? I saw the 4th quarter.

No joke, he was crazy impressive. The kid is still a college student who was working a 9-5 not that long ago. He went out there and carved the bucs.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

OhΒ is that all? I suppose it's easier to find a guy like 30 year old Fletch.

I'm very much in a glass house here. Just seems like you guys are headed to the fate that always happens. Solid team with some star players, that tries to resign everybody and run it back "finally get one next year". Romo/TO Boys were that, Romo/Dex team was like that, and this team is very much like that. When can you unload Zeke?Β 

Romo had some teams that were the best in the NFL. We just happened to run into teams that, ya know, won the superbowl when we got into the playoffs.

We can unload Zeke now. We wont though. Because our team is stupid when it comes to RBs.

i just don't think McCarthy is any good. He had to go to the schticky well so much this year, that stuff grows old rather quick.
Certainly could happen but feel like it's been that way for a decade in Dallas, save for 2015.

McCarthy made a like 5 NFC champ games and won a superbowl. Saying he is bad seems like a massive reach. And to be honest, he did okay for the hand he was dealt this year. He wasnt bad even though our record sucked. A few bonehead decisions but mostly acce[table.Β 

Will be important who your DC is.Lots of bad ways to go. Also who is the number 2 on offense because all it takes is one good year and Kellen Moore is gone. To either a cush college job, little less likely a HC job. Obviously it's a good problem to have but staff doesn't seem built well to really be a dominant team for years.

No clue on DC. Moore just extended 3 years though, not that it would stop him.

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Well fellas, looks like you guys are going to be bottom dwellers while Dallas and Washington fight for the division. Just like my youth.Β 

Eh if this is the first time we fall into obscurity since I've been a football fan, it's been a good run.