πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

50 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I'm pretty sure the point is that if any of theΒ QBs on these teams play above their baseline established performance, the remaining roster allows them to achieve greaterΒ heights than normal... similar to when lightning struck for Philly in 2017-18.

The rosters are solid but I wouldn't put them anywhere near philly's 17-18. That team was a juggernaut from wire to wire. I think there's been a little recency bias with it still being free agency and the splashes being made by each team. WFT DL is legit, but OL is suspect. NYG has neither trench unit figured out.

6 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

The rosters are solid but I wouldn't put them anywhere near philly's 17-18. That team was a juggernaut from wire to wire. I think there's been a little recency bias with it still being free agency and the splashes being made by each team. WFT DL is legit, but OL is suspect. NYG has neither trench unit figured out.

Washington OL ranked 3rd in run block win rate last year and 14th in pass block win rate, and we will likely draft OL high this year as well.Β  Not sure how that equates to "suspect".

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Washington OL ranked 3rd in run block win rate last year and 14th in pass block win rate, and we will likely draft OL high this year as well.Β  Not sure how that equates to "suspect".

Meh kinda just a middle of the road OL imo. Ours was budding with pro bowl/all pros. Kelce, Brooks, Johnson are better than anybody y'all have. Just a different class.

4 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Meh kinda just a middle of the road OL imo. Ours was budding with pro bowl/all pros. Kelce, Brooks, Johnson are better than anybody y'all have. Just a different class.

I think it played like a top 10 OL last year.Β  But I definitely agree that it's not as good as Philly's was.Β  But that's only one position group.Β  I think our WRs, RBs and CBs are better than yours were.Β  You obviously had the better TE.

Β 

Edited by HTTRDynasty

47 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Damn Slay...

Β 

Meh, Slay was legit for most of the season. Only bad games he had were against DK and Adams. Who regularly dominate everybody. He's also on an island all game, unlike a lot of these charted DBs. He travels with the opposing #1. He largely shut down everyone not named Metcalf and Adams. McLaurin, Kupp, Woods, Green, Schuster, Claypool, Slayton, Gallup, Landry, Thomas, Cooper all got clamped. He's a top 15 corner in my book. He'll be here another two years.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

I thought he was good outside of a few games and Jim’s defense doesn’t do DB any favors.Β 

Agreed. He essentially shut down everybody outside of 2 of the top 5 WR in the NFL. Those two games probably plummeted his PFF score for those who care about that. I get that's what he's here for, but I'll take what he gave us last season for 2021 and 2022. I think he'll thrive in Gannon's scheme, he's overqualified for it imo.

4 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Meh, Slay was legit for most of the season. Only bad games he had were against DK and Adams. Who regularly dominate everybody. He's also on an island all game, unlike a lot of these charted DBs. He travels with the opposing #1. He largely shut down everyone not named Metcalf and Adams. McLaurin, Kupp, Woods, Green, Schuster, Claypool, Slayton, Gallup, Landry, Thomas, Cooper all got clamped. He's a top 15 corner in my book. He'll be here another two years.

Β 

I mean, I wouldn't call 12 receptions on 15 targets (80% catch rate), 101 yards, a TD and aΒ 112.5 passer rating when targeted "getting clamped"... especially given the QBs McLaurin had to work with last year.

I can't really speak to the other matchups Slay had last season.

I do think Slay is overrated, but I agree he isn't as bad as that graphic suggests.

Β 

Edited by HTTRDynasty

41 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Β 

I mean, I wouldn't call 12 receptions on 15 targets (80% catch rate), 101 yards, a TD and aΒ 112.5 passer rating when targeted "getting clamped"... especially given the QBs McLaurin had to work with last year.

I can't really speak to the other matchups Slay had last season.

I do think Slay is overrated, but I agree he isn't as bad as that graphic suggests.

Β 

Slay was very good outside of DK and Adams. Having watched every game I can attest to that.