🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

Eagles - B+ (goes to an A+ after DeVonta weighs 175+ lbs)

Cowboys - B     Great player, but too much resources/$$$ spent at LB, when they already have LVE and Jaylon, and only 2 of those guys will be on the field at the same time, most of the time. Probably an A if they actually needed a LB, but they honestly don't. They need a DL that can help out the existing LB's, and like 3 or 4 new starting DB's. This pick will look better after they let LVE walk or cut Jaylon next year though.

Giants - B+   There's potential for Toney to become a Brandon Aiyuk-type (I liked Aiyuk a lot more than Toney coming out of the Senior Bowl though), but I'm guessing just about everyone had Bateman and Terrace Marshall jr. rated higher, and maybe even Elijah Moore. So the Giants arguably just did their own version of Reagor over Jefferson/Aiyuk/Mims. Toney himself would get a C+, but getting Chicago's '22 1st bumps it to a B+.

WFT - C+  Great potential in Jamin, but he's not really a guy that makes them better this year, imo, and he went about 10-15 picks before people thought he would, similar to Toney. Not sure JOK would fit in WASH scheme, so I won't really fault them for passing over JOK in favor of a guy who's 6'3" 235, but he is a project in coverage, and gets by mostly on his athleticism at Kentcky. He will probably make some plays as a rook, but he'll make 2 mistakes for every good play. He's like a taller Kendricks.

1 hour ago, Eagles $5$ said:

The best part of today has been reading the Cowboys form... they are so mad lol. 

I think the Giants have won the 2-3 Rounds. 

Can one of them explain why they are so mad. Micah Parson is already one of their best defensive players, by the end of the year he will probably the best. They needed CB and D-Line help for their horrible defense, they got 2 CBs and a DT. Other than getting some help for the O-line what else could they have wanted?

13 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Can one of them explain why they are so mad. Micah Parson is already one of their best defensive players, by the end of the year he will probably the best. They needed CB and D-Line help for their horrible defense, they got 2 CBs and a DT. Other than getting some help for the O-line what else could they have wanted?

They keep taking LBs over bigger positions of need and value.
I think it was more where and who, than the positions.

Parsons is loved by some and others really don't like him.

4 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

So what grades are people giving the NFC East for the 2nd and 3rd rounds?

• A- WFT, Dyami helps a lot. I liked him as an option throughout. Great value. Potential starters at the other two picks, little early for St-Juste but I get it. I guess some might dock them a bit for not taking a QB. But I don't begrudge anyone for passing on guys if they don't believe in them.
  • A- Giants, like but don't love both players...but got solid value and more picks next year they can use to get a QB.
  • B- Eagles, Huge risks. Landon has the potential to be the best Olineman in this draft and the best since Nelson came out. He's that physically dominating. But he also could not make it to the end of his rookie deal with injuries. I think the acl stuff is a little overblown, but have to worry. Williams has the talent and athleticism to actually turn into an impact player. Anytime you can get that in the 3rd you should be happy, but needs some work. Passed up some needier positions, but these guys have the potential to be impact players over just dudes...so I get it.
  • C+ Dallas, Joseph is hit or miss, next two weren't the best and Wright was a reach...but should fit their scheme.
    Had they gotten Williams like they wanted it would've bumped it up into the Bs. I think continuing from Day 1 and their history they seem to not really care or have the ability to read guys on character or culture. I really think they underrate the need for that.
  • Like 1

Eagles 
Landon Dickerson - B-
Milton Williams - B

Giants
Azeez Ojulari - B
Aaron Robinson - B

Cowboys
Kelvin Joseph - B
Odighizuwa - C
C. Golston - C-
N. Wright - C

Washington
Cosmi - B-
St. Juste - B-
Dyami Brown - C+

I'm personally not high on Dyami Brown, Cowboys clearing reaching for need all across 3rd round.

• Like 1

I don't want to harp on a dumb ESPN show that much, but man we weren't even a footnote on Get Up this morning when talking about the NFC East and who could win it. I think that's laughable to be honest. I know it's ESPN and they have to please the massive Dallas fan base, but man they just don't care about accountability at all on this network. To not even mention us, and they barely mentioned the Giants for that matter, is simply asinine.

21 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I don't want to harp on a dumb ESPN show that much, but man we weren't even a footnote on Get Up this morning when talking about the NFC East and who could win it. I think that's laughable to be honest. I know it's ESPN and they have to please the massive Dallas fan base, but man they just don't care about accountability at all on this network. To not even mention us, and they barely mentioned the Giants for that matter, is simply asinine.

Dallas hype gonna Dallas hype. 

It'll still be the same cycle of hilarity one way or another.

19 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Every team has a chance.  I would rank the Eagles as last right now though.  Seems like most sports books are doing the same.  I would rank it:

1. Dallas

2. Washington

3. New York

4. Philadelphia

I would have Washington ranked first if we weren't playing a 1st place schedule this year, which is a key reason it's been so long since there has been a repeat division champ.

14 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Every team has a chance.  I would rank the Eagles as last right now though.  Seems like most sports books are doing the same.  I would rank it:

1. Dallas

2. Washington

3. New York

4. Philadelphia

I would have Washington ranked first if we weren't playing a 1st place schedule this year, which is a key reason it's been so long since there has been a repeat division champ.

If I'm being honest, Philly probably over New York, hope I'm wrong though, 2021 is a punt year, get that draft pick.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

1. Dallas

2. Washington

3. New York

4. Philadelphia

Yeah and that's fine. We're a high variance team this year imo. Could win 5 games, could win 11. Most depends on Hurts. But when the longest shot of the division is 5/1 and they're not even gonna mention us? Like at all? Just absolutely ridiculous. This roster was widely regarded as a 10-6 team heading into 2020. Now all of a sudden it's the worst in the league? Sounds like a lot of sheep to me. Once a negative Philadelphia narrative gets out, it's impossible to stop. I think this division is possibly the only one where every team has a legitimate shot. And we play a last place schedule and got an added bonus of NYJ as game 17.