πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

13 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'll gladly be the only one who thinks we have a chance. I'd hate to be one of the fans who wakes up on Sunday mornings expecting a loss. Have fun with that ✌️✌️

You werenΒ΄t expecting a loss each game this past season?

Better to have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised than expecting what itΒ΄s less likely to happen

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

You werenΒ΄t expecting a loss each game this past season?

Better to have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised than expecting what itΒ΄s less likely to happen

What fun is low expectations? I'd rather get my heart broken while shooting for the moon than stay comfortable and shooting for the street light. I'm not expecting us to make some super bowl run, to be clear. I'm just expecting us to compete for the division. How in the hell, in this division, is that so much to ask? Like if we don't even have a -shot- at that outta the gate then we're looking at a much longer rebuild here. This team expects to compete.

34 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'll gladly be the only one who thinks we have a chance. I'd hate to be one of the fans who wakes up on Sunday mornings expecting a loss. Have fun with that ✌️✌️

Hope for the best but be ready for the worst. Admit it's going to be an uphill battle this year, not unwinnable, but improbable.Β 

• Like 2

I wanna see everyone here keep this same energy on game days though. Temper that excitement. Keep that reality check in ink while you root for that 6/7 win team βœ”οΈ. Like I said before, have at it. Looking forward to MY Eagles competing for the division.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

What fun is low expectations? I'd rather get my heart broken while shooting for the moon than stay comfortable and shooting for the street light. I'm not expecting us to make some super bowl run, to be clear. I'm just expecting us to compete for the division. How in the hell, in this division, is that so much to ask? Like if we don't even have a -shot- at that outta the gate then we're looking at a much longer rebuild here. This team expects to compete.

Well yeah I can somewhat understand it, but with donΒ΄t have a QB anyway and we passed on a better prospect than we could possible have this year or next so Howie and Lurie will try to stick to their mistake instead of going for the correction as soon as possible, donΒ΄t get me wrong I like DeVonta but taking the QB wouldΒ΄ve been better for a fast rebuild.

I really dont think this team (the FO) expects to compete. They have been very open about this being a rebuild than any time IΒ΄ve seen before. This past draft points to a long rebuild if anything.Β 

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I wanna see everyone here keep this same energy on game days though. Temper that excitement. Keep that reality check in ink while you root for that 6/7 win team βœ”οΈ. Like I said before, have at it. Looking forward to MY Eagles competing for the division.

lol....

You can root for your team and hope they win and still have low expectations. News flash, how you feel about the team has no barring on the outcome of the season. Yes, we could win the division. Hell, it is possible we make a Super Bowl run. Literally no one in the world knows what is going to happen. But I am not going to just drop all logic and predict that a team thatΒ is riddled with holes is going to compete for a division title, even in the NFC East. I prefer to live in reality and look at the objective state of our roster compared to the rest of the league, which leads me to the belief we aren't going to be very good.

Really hope YOUR Eagles kill it though!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Danger said:

2023 will be the year we are likely ready to be back trying to compete for something real again in my honest opinion. I think we could be unfortunately frustratingly mediocre if we overachieve in the mean time.

The problem with that is that most of your best player are >30 years old.Β Β 

• Cox - 30
  • Brooks - 31
  • Slay - 30
  • Johnson - 30
  • KelceΒ - 33
  • Graham - 33

It'll be interesting to see how your FO balances win-now with this relatively old starting roster vs. building to compete in 2023.

Low expectation is funner than high expectation tbh

You can still enjoy a loss if you have low expectation, where as EagleBlueDon will be heartbroken, dismayed, and agitable 2 out of every 3 sundays between September and December.

Edited by Jeezla

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

• Cox - 30
  • Brooks - 31
  • Slay - 30
  • Johnson - 30
  • KelceΒ - 33
  • Graham - 33

It'll be interesting to see how your FO balances win-now with this relatively old starting roster vs. building to compete in 2023.

Well look at our draft this year and compare it to the positions of the players you just mentioned. We have a planΒ in place to replace players, and we have more draft capital than any other team in the league.

The team isn't going to try to be terrible. Realistically the OL and DL of the team should be pretty good, and we likely will not be picking first overall(unless Hurts is as bad as Darnold was last season, which is possible). One thing I will say is the injury history of our best players is not good either, and them getting hurt or declining quickly is very possible. If that happens, the floor for this year is very, very low.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

• Cox - 30
  • Brooks - 31
  • Slay - 30
  • Johnson - 30
  • KelceΒ - 33
  • Graham - 33

We probably have 3 first round picks next year. That's a big part of it, we'll probably be done with half of those guys within the next 2 years freeing up cap space too.

44 minutes ago, Danger said:

We probably have 3 first round picks next year. That's a big part of it, we'll probably be done with half of those guys within the next 2 years freeing up cap space too.

That doesn't mean those picks will turn into good players.Β 

51 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

• Cox - 30
  • Brooks - 31
  • Slay - 30
  • Johnson - 30
  • KelceΒ - 33
  • Graham - 33

It'll be a balancing act for sure.Β 

• Cox - It really depends how he does this year. But his contract is up after 2022.
  • Brooks - Injuries will be a factor, though as a guard he could play another 4 years at least
  • Slay - Might be gone before next year, depends how desperate they are.
  • Johnson - Lane is hard to depend on for various reasons. He'll need to healthy Contract wise probably here til at leas 2023
  • KelceΒ - I'd be shocked if he's back next year
  • Graham - BG has expressed interest in staying for awhile and transitioning out. So around 2023 he'd potentially be that 3rd DE.

I think their realistic hope going into 2023

• Devonta Smith - Has potential to be a great one. I think he'll be the leader for a lot of guys.
  • Dallas Goedert - Has the ability but need to see him as TE1.
  • Jordan Mailata - Has been building up each year. The dude is a freak at LT and should only get better.
  • Landon Dickerson - Health is a big question mark, but if he overcomes it he has potential to be an overwhelming interior lineman.
  • Jalen Reagor - Tape showsΒ  he should'veΒ had a more respectable rookie year. Injuries and beyond awful QB play killed him. Could develop better as the #2 guy.
  • Javon Hargrave - Could be gone but he played well towards the end of last year once he got back. If he can do well in this new scheme they'll extend him.
    Β 

In addition, some things that they really hope for / needs way more work...

• QB - whether it be Hurts, a QB we take with one of the 1sts next year, or a vet they trade for. They'll want that next guy in place in 2022.
  • Miles Sanders - His contract will be up after next year. If his demands aren't crazy they could sign him back.
  • Derek Barnett - He has yet to really take that next step. He has to be paid soon. So if he can do better in this scheme with additional people pressuring he'll be in the plans for a bit.
  • The other two 1sts if they take those picks - Probably a corner and edge rusher.
    Chance they trade these as part of the deal for QB or one of them for a good young player atΒ  another position.
  • Select free agents - Cap is going up next year and forward, and they already were going to have a lot of money in 2022. They'll try to sign some key guys that make it to the market.

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

• Cox - 30
  • Brooks - 31
  • Slay - 30
  • Johnson - 30
  • KelceΒ - 33
  • Graham - 33

And won't your vaunted DL all need paid by then except Young?