🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

1 hour ago, Go_Giants said:

Giants almost won the NFC East last year, this year they greatly upgraded their offensive weapons and defense.

1. Giants

2. Cowboys

3. WFT

4. Eagles

They were close because the rest of the division’s QBs sucked or were injured. Giants were the only one to have their QB play close to all the games last year.

Barkley will help, because any extra snap Danny can’t lose the ball is a win, but nothing about the giants would put them above Washington or Dallas at this point. As far as divisional games it’s always going to be close between all 4. But once you expand that out to a season the Giants and Eagles don’t seem equipped to get the wins needed. Even though everyone except for Washington has top 7 easiest schedules, Dallas has the 2nd easiest SOS and Eagles are #1.

2 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

Giants almost won the NFC East last year, this year they greatly upgraded their offensive weapons and defense.

1. Giants

2. Cowboys

3. WFT

4. Eagles

that's cute. Just one problem.

They still have Daniel Jones as their QB.

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

that's cute. Just one problem.

They still have Daniel Jones as their QB.

Giving your assessment of your former QB that you have seen for years you do understand me being just a little skeptical of what you think about Daniel Jones.

12 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Giving your assessment of your former QB that you have seen for years you do understand me being just a little skeptical of what you think about Daniel Jones.

He's a poor man's Jared Goff without a good offensive minded coach.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

He's a poor man's Jared Goff without a good offensive minded coach.

Goff has 5 seasons under his belt, that is enough of time period to judge him. Jones, only has 2 seasons, and spent each of those seasons learning a brand new offense.  I believe it is tad too early to say what he is and what he is not.

Judge has promoted a coach on his staff and brought in a new offensive assistant to assist  Garrett with enhancing the offense.

1 minute ago, Go_Giants said:

Goff has 5 seasons under his belt, that is enough of time period to judge him. Jones, only has 2 seasons, and spent each of those seasons learning a brand new offense.  I believe it is tad too early to say what he is and what he is not.

Judge has promoted a coach on his staff and brought in a new offensive assistant to assist  Garrett with enhancing the offense.

Well he has no excuses to decline this year with all the money they put into the offense. I don't see it with Jones, and I think most people would be more surprised if he played well next year than if he played the same as last year or worse. You aren't wrong in that it is too early to say for sure either way.

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

You may have had a case if Gettleman had been able to draft the player he really wanted at #20.  We all know Toney was a consolation prize.

The quote said he would be happy with two players, and got one of those players. Find me one Giant fan on this message board that is not excited about us getting Azeez in the 2nd round. The Giants had a good defense last year, now that defense is much better.

5 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

The quote said he would be happy with two players, and got one of those players. Find me one Giant fan on this message board that is not excited about us getting Azeez in the 2nd round. The Giants had a good defense last year, now that defense is much better.

I believe the Giants are a quality veteran guard away from saying no excuses to Daniel Jones. That being said if he does suck this year, with an extra 1st round pick the Giants will be in great position to draft his replacement. I would agree that this is a make or break season for DJ.

8 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

C’mon man. He obviously couldn’t leave Toney off the list. Read between the lines. 

“Good” defense equals 19th in defensive DVOA nowadays.  I see. 

9 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

Pretty much everyone thinks Daniel Jones sucks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

C’mon man. He obviously couldn’t leave Toney off the list. Read between the lines. 

“Good” defense equals 19th in defensive DVOA nowadays.  I see. 

So you are saying it was a bad defense that swept WFT last year?

My 100% totally unbiased take on the NFCE in 2021:

1. Dallas Cowboys (10-7) - QB is far and away the most important position, and the Cowboys are the only team in the NFCE with an above average QB, top 10 overall.  Combined with three legit receivers, their offense is going to put up points.  But they're going to have to put up a lot of points, because that defense is built the wrong way.  Heavy investment in linebackers has resulted in a secondary devoid of talent, relatively speaking.  I suspect they'll be in a lot of shootouts.

2. New York Giants (9-8) - The front office made a big investment in offensive talent with Golladay, Toney and Rudolph.  Plus with the return of Saquon, the Giants offense has playmakers to spare.  The fate of the offense rests on Daniel Jones' progression in terms of pocket awareness and processing speed, as well as the improvement of a young offensive line.  The defense was average last year, but appears to have gotten better on paper with the addition of Adoree Jackson, Azeez Ojulari and a return of a healthy Xavier McKinney.  On paper, top 5 secondary in the league.

3. Washington Football Team (7-10) - Another offense looking pretty with McClauren plus the additions of Samuel and Brown.  However, the QB situation is the least inspiring in the NFCE with a 38 year old Ryan Fitzpatrick.  I think they'll have a repeat of last year with a rotation of QBs due  to uninspiring play.  Fitzpatrick is much more of a gunslinger than Alex Smith, but has been much more prone to throw INTs. The defense was great last year, and look good on paper again with the addition of Jackson at CB and Davis at LB.  But ultimately, I think they're weighed down by the QB situation.

4.  Philadelphia Eagles (4-13) - Top to bottom the least talented team in the NFCE.  I don't think Hurts is particularly good, but he's still a relatively unknown commodity so there is hope he can improve.  WR corp is also young and unknown, and I have questions about whether Devonta Smith can be a true #1 in this league.  Defense is the worst in the NFCE on paper.  Rookie head coach.  If I had to bet on one NFCE team picking in the top 5 in next year's draft, I'd bet on the Eagles. 

• Like 1