πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

All 3 teams right?

Nobody knows what Hurts is. he might be the worst of the bunch. he might be...decent? We'll know by week 8/9, but right now there's just too little to go on and his play varied too wildly in that small sample size to say anything other than "who the hell knows". He's probably crap tho. If defenses only respect your QB's ability to run and not pass, they probably aren't very good.

Edited by Jeezla

I don't think it's fair to pin the blame of the Giants offensive woes on Daniel Jones.Β 

PFF ranked the Giants offensive line 32nd in pass protection last year.Β  Since he came into the league, he's been hit and sacked at one of the highest rates in the league.Β  More than Russell Wilson, who is so fed up with it, there were trade rumors this offseason.

The second issues is the receivers couldn't get separation.Β  Next Gen Stats uses tracking technology and measures average separation.Β  The Giants top three receivers, Shepard, Slayton and Tate ranked 65th, 121st, and 127th in average separation among WRs and TEs.Β  That's pathetic.Β  And top of all of that, the Giants had the 2nd highest drop rate in the NFL.Β  At least 3 INTs were off the hands of Evan Engram, and his drop against the Eagles directly cost us that game.

Daniel Jones is a pretty good passer.Β  His completion percentage and interception percentage over expectation (CPOE and INTOE) are league average.Β  He was one of the most efficient deep passers in the league last year, though the Giants didn't utilize the deep pass nearly enough - for the reasons outlined above.Β  His issues seemingly are lack of pocket awareness and lack of a mental clock.Β  And I say seemingly because a QB can only do so much when his receivers aren't getting open, and his offensive line can't block anyone.

The Giants FO and coaching staff stated their commitment to Daniel Jones immediately after the season was over, so it appears they too believe that Jones was not the problem.Β  They spent their resources this offseason giving Jones weapons to work with.Β  I wish they'd invested in the offensive line as well, but it is what it is.

I have no problem with the Giants passing on Fields in order to give Jones a fair shake.Β  If he can't produce this year with Golladay, Saquon, and Toney added to the offense, the Giants have 2 first round picks next year which they can use to find their new QB.

Β 

Β 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

TBD

I think right now he sucks, it’s not a permanent state of being. He can change it possibly. But until then he sucks.

Hurts will be in the same camp if he doesn’t show improvement over hisΒ fun but mediocreΒ lilΒ rookie campaign.

I'm [] this close to admitting DJΒ sucks. But I need to see what he does this year with these weapons. If he excels..look out division. If he sucks... then use the draft capital to draft or sign a competent QB. Maybe it's via the draft. maybe it's Watson, Allen, or Jackson (who knows how things will turn out). Either way I wouldn't switch current positions with Philly. You guys are in for years upon years of mediocrity. Enjoy finishing 4th this year and next... and next... and...

1 minute ago, Shockwave said:

I'm [] this close to admitting DJΒ sucks. But I need to see what he does this year with these weapons. If he excels..look out division. If he sucks... then use the draft capital to draft or sign a competent QB. Maybe it's via the draft. maybe it's Watson, Allen, or Jackson (who knows how things will turn out). Either way I wouldn't switch current positions with Philly. You guys are in for years upon years of mediocrity. Enjoy finishing 4th this year and next... and next... and...

So... we'll be back winning the division in 2022? Got it.

The Giants are always inept regardless of expectations.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Our mediocre seasons are better than your best seasons so... Do you even remember what its like to win a division title?Β 

If there is one thing New York is good at in football it is being completely irrelevant. I am sure that tradition will continue.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

We're in a very similar position with Hurts. If he excels, look out division. We'd be armed with 3 first round picks and a franchise QB. If not, we can essentially name our next starting QB. This little experiment without commitment to a franchise QB won't last longer than a year.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Our mediocre seasons are better than your best seasons so... Do you even remember what its like to win a division title?Β 

If there is one thing New York is good at in football it is being completely irrelevant. I am sure that tradition will continue.

Meh 2 SB's last decade, 2 SB's prior. How many fans get to celebrate 4 SB's in their lifetime? I'm humbled.Β I'll never forgive the Pats for allowing you to win yours. That empty trophy meme is now lost forever... damn you BB. You may own the overall head to head record. All time history though... we got ya.Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Shockwave

52 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Unless you want Saquon to get hurt again, just admit DJ sucks now, before you really pissoff the football gods.
If we hit on a QB next year, are will still in for years of mediocrity? We're gonna have cap room again in 2 years, and then we can just buy a "good" team in free agency, like the Giants.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

So you are saying it was a bad defense that swept WFT last year?

That swept the bums we had at QB by a total of ~5 points over 2 games? Β Yes.Β 
Β 

And I’m not saying it, Football Outsiders (i.e. advanced metrics)Β is.Β 

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Meh 2 SB's last decade, 2 SB's prior. How many fans get to celebrate 4 SB's in their lifetime? I'm humbled.Β I'll never forgive the Pats for allowing you to win yours. That empty trophy meme is now lost forever... damn you BB. You may own the overall head to head record. All time history though... we got ya.Β 

Β 

Β 

SB victories don't mean anything with the team you have now. Not a single player is left from either of those two teams.