🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

That swept the bums we had at QB by a total of ~5 points over 2 games?  Yes. 

And I’m not saying it, Football Outsiders (i.e. advanced metrics) is. 

You  or/and your advanced metrics believe Daniel Jones sucks, yet WFT has never beaten him. The Giants suck yet without Saquon they swept a team with an elite defense, that ranked 3rd in defensive DVOA. What advanced metric explains how that is possible? 

18 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

What advanced metric explains how that is possible? 

As bad as Daniel Jones is, he didn’t have the lowest or 2nd lowest QBR in the league last year. That honor went to Dwayne Haskins and Alex Smith, respectively.  There’s only so much an elite defense can do with QBs who are performing at the league’s lowest level (some free alliteration to start off your weekend).

Fitzpatrick had the 5th highest QBR, and Jones was in the bottom half, for those keeping score at home. Passer rating was a similar story. 

7 hours ago, Shockwave said:

I'm [] this close to admitting DJ sucks. But I need to see what he does this year with these weapons. If he excels..look out division. If he sucks... then use the draft capital to draft or sign a competent QB. Maybe it's via the draft. maybe it's Watson, Allen, or Jackson (who knows how things will turn out). Either way I wouldn't switch current positions with Philly. You guys are in for years upon years of mediocrity. Enjoy finishing 4th this year and next... and next... and...

please explain to me how another year of jones + 2 first round picks are a better situation than the first year real year as a starter for hurts plus 3 first round picks?

On 5/8/2021 at 3:04 AM, AustrianEagle said:

please explain to me how another year of jones + 2 first round picks are a better situation than the first year real year as a starter for hurts plus 3 first round picks?

I mean its really just seems likes he's projecting because the Giants have been so bad to mediocre for the past decade. The Eagles have every option available to them next year in regards to who they start at QB. What happens if D. Jones plays pretty well next year? Giants gonna pay him? 

Edited by Folesadelphia

11 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

As bad as Daniel Jones is, he didn’t have the lowest or 2nd lowest QBR in the league last year. That honor went to Dwayne Haskins and Alex Smith, respectively.  There’s only so much an elite defense can do with QBs who are performing at the league’s lowest level (some free alliteration to start off your weekend).

Fitzpatrick had the 5th highest QBR, and Jones was in the bottom half, for those keeping score at home. Passer rating was a similar story. 

Can we stop referencing QBR like it has any merit?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AustrianEagle said:

Isn't the Colts 1st round pick conditional on Wentz? Considering how many games Wentz has missed in his career I wouldn't be throwing around that pick just yet...

Anyway that post was mostly sarcasm.. you know like what 90% of this thread is...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2021 at 11:14 AM, Danger said:

Can we stop referencing QBR like it has any merit?

Shockingly it has the highest correlation to wins currently. But I think its because ESPN adjust the grade/formula to fit their needs.

18 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Matts everytime he is about to log on to the Eagles' forum 

brokeback mountain GIF

Its been 3 months. Clearly I have a lot of pent up "Wentz sucks Dak is awesome" post I need to get out of my system. Its going to be a long summer for you all. 

19 minutes ago, Danger said:

@Matts4313 being here means I actually have to moderate things again... *sigh*

You know you missed me. During my ban I checked in time to time. This thread died without me pushing yalls buttons. 

And yes, I said yalls. I am Texan. 

Edited by Matts4313