πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Your defense was far better, last season. This seasonΒ the Giants have closed the gap.

You act like WFT's defensive roster hasn't gotten better this offseason as well.

2 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Β Fitz is a journey man QB for a reason and an old one at that, I am putting Jones ahead of him.

You are.Β  PFF isn't.Β  I know whose QB rankings I trust more.Β  And note, I never claimed Fitz was better, I said they were about the same, which I felt was generous.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-quarterback-rankings-all-32-starters-ahead-of-the-2021-nfl-season

image.png.3e6baa264e51589f3796e87f9ab3bb

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

You act like WFT's defensive roster hasn't gotten better this offseason as well.

You are.Β  PFF isn't.Β  I know whose QB rankings I trust more.Β  And note, I never claimed Fitz was better, I said they were about the same, which I felt was generous.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-quarterback-rankings-all-32-starters-ahead-of-the-2021-nfl-season

image.png.3e6baa264e51589f3796e87f9ab3bb

Did you actually read what was written? Your QB is just a place holder, my QB can make a big leap forward and the Giants got him the help to do so.Β 

19 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Your defense was far better, last season. This seasonΒ the Giants have closed the gap. Fitz is a journey man QB for a reason and an old one at that, I am putting Jones ahead of him.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpgΒ 

My polished turd is bigger than yours.Β 

12 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Β 

Never said they have not,Β WFT is aΒ top 5 defense.Β You and your stats say the Giants are at best an average defense. After this offseason the Giants will be in the top 10 even by your standards.Β 

I am sure you heard of the Patriot Way, on defense is have a strong secondary and generate a pass rush. Our secondary was not able to apply the defensive style our defensive coach wanted, he was forced to use a zone scheme despite that this team still got 40 sacks having them tied at #12 in that areaΒ . Last year Sam Bael was expected to be a starterΒ but took the option to not play this season due to covid. This season Sam Bael is probably not good enough to make the roster. The Giants now haveΒ the secondary this year to play the scheme our defensive coach wants.

What you can't deny is the Giants have the 2nd best offense in the NFC East, they have the 2nd best defense in the NFC East, making them the most balanced team in this division.

5 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Never said they have not,Β WFT is aΒ top 5 defense.Β You and your stats say the Giants are at best an average defense. After this offseason the Giants will be in the top 10 even by your standards.Β 

1. WFT was a top 3 defense last year, by every advanced metric I've seen.Β  And the roster has only improved.Β  On a schedule-adjusted basis, the only thing that holds this defense back from taking another step up this season is injury.

2. I doubt the Giants will be a top 10 defense this year.Β  That secondary is legit, but I don't trust your pass rush at all, especially given your reliance on Leonard Williams playing like it's his contract year again this season.Β 

You talk about the Patriot way, yet you're missing the key ingredient in Belichick.Β  Remind me, how many of his former coordinators have gone on to have success as head coaches?

12 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

What you can't deny is the Giants have the 2nd best offense in the NFC East, they have the 2nd best defense in the NFC East, making them the most balanced team in this division.

The Giants can't have the 2nd best offense in the division with the worst OL by far (ranked 32ndΒ inΒ pass block win rate last year).Β  A Giants fan should know how important a solid OL is.Β Β 

9 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

You talk about the Patriot way, yet you're missing the key ingredient in Belichick.Β  Remind me, how many of his former coordinators have gone on to have success as head coaches?

Well seeing how Belichick was a Giant we could says the Patriot Way is reallyΒ Β the Giants Way 2.0, but lets stick with the Patriots way (for now). Brian Flores seems to be doing pretty well with the Dolphins and I am sure you know Giants fans are very with Judge.Β 

Β 

16 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

The Giants can't have the 2nd best offense in the division with the worst OL by far (ranked 32ndΒ inΒ pass block win rate last year).Β  A Giants fan should know how important a solid OL is.Β Β 

What you might not know is that four of the expected five starters were either rookies or playing the position for the first time. Then throw in last year with them not having a real offseason or any preseason games to get better. They now have a season under their belt, they will have a real offseason and preseason games. It would be very hard for them not to be better.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

WFT is only entering their 2nd season in the NFL.

Oh, so you guys have basically never won a playoff game, a superbowl, had a winning season, the 92 team doesnt count?

Β 

Thats cool, because the other team had some solid history.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Oh, so you guys have basically never won a playoff game, a superbowl, had a winning season, the 92 team doesnt count?

Β 

Thats cool, because the other team had some solid history.

I'm all about moving forward I don't care about the past.

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

We added 13 defensive players. Of that ~10ish will be starters or second stringers. Also aΒ  new DC, DB, DL coaches.Β 

I think our defense should have a shot at being better. Time will tell if it is.

I mean I would hope so but they are also mostly rookies. I am not saying they will be historically bad like last year. I expect improvement. I just not sure it it will be that much but we shall see.Β 

On paper is never the actuality until they hit the field.Β 

13 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

A lot of what you just said was "Cowboys had a lot of injuries so they suck". I dont know what the final rankings were but I do know I read articles in the season that we were the #1 most injured team in the league. Obviously when you lose so many pieces (along with a new scheme)Β on the OL and DL your running offense and defense is going to suck.

So you think the Cowboys are good enoughΒ to win 12+ games if they remain healthy then? Not exactly sure what your point is. The Cowboys are the favorite in the East I just don't think they will be a good team.

38 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

So you think the Cowboys are good enoughΒ to win 12+ games if they remain healthy then?

Where did this even come from? I said I expected 9-10 wins just a page or 2 ago.

38 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Not exactly sure what your point is. The Cowboys are the favorite in the East I just don't think they will be a good team.

Well, we have top 5 offensive potential. We were #1 over 2019-2020 5 games w/Dak.Β 

We added so many players and coaches on defense that if we can even be mediocre, we have "good team" potential.Β 

Would be hilarious if the Eagles are in contention for the division, but at worst we playing spoiler the last third of the season which is gonna be a lot of fun. We got the Giants and Washington for both games in the last 6 weeks and then the Cowboys to finish off the season in week 18.

20 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

Brian Flores seems to be doing pretty well with the Dolphins and I am sure you know Giants fans are very with Judge.Β 

Bill O’Brien looked good at first too, until he didn’t. Even if Flores succeeds long term, he’d be the exception rather than the rule.Β 
Β 

There’s no special Patriot formula that is sprinkled onto these coaches when they leave. Judge still has a long way to go to be considered a top coach in this league, and history shows the β€œPatriot Way” won’t lead to much long term success unless you are Belichick.Β 
Β 

20 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

What you might not know is that four of the expected five starters were either rookies or playing the position for the first time. Then throw in last year with them not having a real offseason or any preseason games to get better. They now have a season under their belt, they will have a real offseason and preseason games. It would be very hard for them not to be better.

They’ll likely be better, as it would be hard for them to be worse, but this OL is still one of the worst in the league no matter how you look at it.Β