πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

34 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's not out of the question IMO right now, but Anthony Richardson's gonna need to actually put some good tape up throughout this season if you ask me. Also I don't think Richardson starts in '23 no matter where he goes.

We see QBs get drafted for upside by poorly run teams all the time though.

I don't like how much hype we are getting. I feel like we are the NFC darling. Certainly not the favorite (Packers, Bucs, Rams) but seems we are the go to NFC team when analysts want to make a bold pick and stick out. Wasn't like this is in May, but since July the hype has steadily increased.

Β 

I like our roster a lot, credit to Howie for going from aging team with QB we entrusted franchise with forgetting how to play and demanding trade to exciting team coming off gritty playoff berth with high expectationsΒ without any "rebuild" in between. However, our QB is still a huge question mark. If Hurts is the same QB he was last year, we are winning 7-9 games. I've heard all the positive buzz from camp, but realistically, it is a 50/50 proposition at best that Hurts takes enough of a leap to take us to the next level as a team. Only time will tell, I'm excited, just wish there were no expectations like last year. I wish the Cowboys were getting all the hype as usual, so that their inevitable failure would be all the more satisfying.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Well that, and coaching.Β 

Let's not forget that Ganon's defensive philosophy is suspect as hell and we still don't know what Sirianni is.Β 

So for me, at least those two things (besides injuries of course) makes it a possibility that we don't meet expectations.Β 

We'll find out soon, finally.Β 

The one downside I will agree is the defensive coaching. But they got some really solid players on that can overcome it. It is all about building games early because no one knows who they are right now anyways. That said I still think this team will be one of the top ones.

Just note: If the Eagles slap up the lions and hurts look magnificent, it will be an exactly mirrored start to last year.

Β 

Hurts is killing it in camp, practice, and lights out against a bad team. Next week we find out he can't even throw in the middle of the field.

Β 

I aint making no assumptions until at least a few weeks.

4 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I don't like how much hype we are getting. I feel like we are the NFC darling.

It doesn't feel that way. We are the NFC darling right now.Β 

4 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

If Hurts is the same QB he was last year, we are winning 7-9 games.

I was with you through the whole post until here. If we stay relatively healthy like last year, then I think 10 wins is achievable even with Hurts showing absolutely no progress which I kinda doubt will be the case. I mean shoot.... double digit wins was within our grasp last year if the last week of the season had any meaning for us. This team is significantly upgraded too and people can point to some of the bad to mediocre teams we beat last year, but we have one of the easiest schedules this year, so we should be able to take advantage again. Obviously I want to see us do better against playoff teams this year and that will take Hurts taking an obvious step as a passer.

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Depends on whether or not Wentz goes full ham like week 17 last year or motivated to put that narrative behind him.

Jags have no business beating the WTF.

Why?
I think they are pretty evenly matched

QB - No advantage for either team
RB - Jags
TE - No real advantage for either team
WR - advantage Commies
OL - No real advantage
Β 

DL - Commies better DL, but JAX have the best individual pass rusher (Josh Allen) and Travon Walker looked good in preseason, iirc, and could be a beast.
LB - I think Jags have the better group, but that's assuming Devin Lloyd looks good as a rook
Secondary - no real advatage

ST - Probably Commies

Edited by Jeezla

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Why?
I think they are pretty evenly matched

I don't see the Jags roster as all that impressive? Not that Washington is loaded by any means but I think Lawrence will be running for his life.Β 

I hope the Jags win and the Bucs and the Titans. Just not Detroit.Β 

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

I don't see the Jags roster as all that impressive? Not that Washington is loaded by any means but I think Lawrence will be running for his life.Β 

I hope the Jags win and the Bucs and the Titans. Just not Detroit.Β 

edited my post and broke down why I think they are basically even

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

I hope you're right.

I do think Commies have a slightly better overall roster, but it's pretty close, and if Trevor has improved to a top 16 QB over the offseason, then that should tip the scales in Jax favor. Even if T Law is just a 20-25 range QB, it should be a close game, and Antonio Gibson will likely be good for a lost fumble.Β 
For fantasy purposes and personal gratification over calling him the 2nd best RB prospect since AP (after Saquon), I need Etienne to go off.