πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

Just now, Jeezla said:

well, if anybody can afford to build a new stadium without the aid of tax dollars...

it isn't just that.Β  He has a lot of ties in DC, and Amazon has some major facilities in the area.Β  The biggest issue will be seeing if its a conflict of interest for TNF to be on Amazon and Bezos to also own a team.Β Β 

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

We're all pulling for you. It's fun having you guys be so erratic and basically inconsequential within the division, but Dan Snyder is a poop stain who doesn't deserve to own a team. Let some other ridiculously rich person make tons of money off that franchise.

Yeah, Snyder needs to go. Franchise is embarrassing and bad, won’t ever get better til he’s gone.

19 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

it isn't just that.Β  He has a lot of ties in DC, and Amazon has some major facilities in the area.Β  The biggest issue will be seeing if its a conflict of interest for TNF to be on Amazon and Bezos to also own a team.Β Β 

Would be an upset for anyone else to get it.

Curious with that kinda money what the new stadium plan would be. Could see Bezos wanting to compete for more in the Sofi/Jerryworld tier, maybe a retractable dome so they can get more events.

Other names I’ve seen thrown out are the Nationals owners, Steve Ballmer or this being where they try to get a black owner. Which has been a discussion in the last year or two.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

You are right, it was you and a whole one other person who may or may not be as delusional as you. And that makes it incorrect? My take is Dak is no longer the QB he was, and he can only beat average or worse teams even if he was still 2021 Dak. It's not a bad or good take until Dak proves me wrong or right over this season. As far as being able to beat good teams goes, history is on the side of my "bad take". And yea yeah, wins aren't a QB stat. Whatever you gotta tell yourself to make you feel like Dak is actually capable of beating a good team in the playoffs.

That other guy isn’t even a Cowboys fan. Your take is nothing short of ridiculously basic and casual lol. Giving one player on the team all the credit or all the blame for losses against good football teams is pretty much stupid. It’s a team sport. And again, this has been about whether or not Dak is better than a career back up QB… not about your totally baseless opinion of whether or not he’s trending up or down. Who knows how he’ll be coming off injury and being rusty β€” it remains to be seen. Until we have a new, meaningful sample size to look at it’s pointless to look at anything other than his performance in recent years… which has clearly and obviously been better than that of a backup player at the position. That is pretty much all I have been saying.

Edited by NoFlyZone

9 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

That other guy isn’t even a Cowboys fan. Your take is nothing short of ridiculously basic and casual lol. Giving one player on the team all the credit or all the blame for losses against good football teams is pretty much stupid. It’s a team sport. And again, this has been about whether or not Dak is better than a career back up QB… not about your totally baseless opinion of whether or not he’s trending up or down. Who knows how he’ll be coming off injury and being rusty β€” it remains to be seen. Until we have a new, meaningful sample size to look at it’s pointless to look at anything other than his performance in recent years… which has clearly and obviously been better than that of a backup player at the position. That is pretty much all I have been saying.

nah, it's pointless to look at anything besides the most recent example, and that example was week 1. People fall off every year, so what he did last year doesn't matter to me. Only what he does this year. Aaron Rodgers was a top 3 QB. Now he isn't, until he proves otherwise. Dak needs to prove he's better than week 1. Until then, week 1 Dak is current Dak, just like 2022 Aaron Rodgers is no longer 2021 Aaron Rodgers. Just like Tom Brady is no longer 2021 Tom Brady. Dak is no longer 2021 Dak, and the glimpse we saw of 2022 Dak was disgusting and NOT better than Cooper Rush.

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

nah, it's pointless to look at anything besides the most recent example, and that example was week 1. People fall off every year, so what he did last year doesn't matter to me. Only what he does this year. Aaron Rodgers was a top 3 QB. Now he isn't, until he proves otherwise. Dak needs to prove he's better than week 1. Until then, week 1 Dak is current Dak, just like 2022 Aaron Rodgers is no longer 2021 Aaron Rodgers. Just like Tom Brady is no longer 2021 Tom Brady. Dak is no longer 2021 Dak, and the glimpse we saw of 2022 Dak was disgusting and NOT better than Cooper Rush.

Lol

36 minutes ago, Danger said:

Who also owns the Washington Post and is partnering with the NFL in TV deals via Amazon. My wonder is. Would the Amazon ownership and team ownership create some loophole with conflict of interest.

yeah, would have to move things around.

It's kinda a bad idea to involve Bezos, but the NFL like to make money, so very possible.

Especially if they can get a competent owner in one of a the biggest markets, who they won't need to give money to or need public money to get a stadium (Pegula/Bills, Rams got money from the league for LA)

Β 

8 hours ago, Danger said:

Who also owns the Washington Post and is partnering with the NFL in TV deals via Amazon. My wonder is. Would the Amazon ownership and team ownership create some loophole with conflict of interest.

It's definitely a "potential" conflict of interest, but one that really shouldn't be an issue if there's any sort of oversight as to which teams get Amazon televised games and Washington isn't being featured more than other teams.

Or is that technically "filming" other teams? I dunno. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me, unless Bezos uses Amazon recordings to like zoom in on other coaches play sheets or listen to sideline recordings of opposing teams or something.

I wonder if Elon wants to own an NFL team?Β 

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

It's definitely a "potential" conflict of interest, but one that really shouldn't be an issue if there's any sort of oversight as to which teams get Amazon televised games and Washington isn't being featured more than other teams.

Or is that technically "filming" other teams? I dunno. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me, unless Bezos uses Amazon recordings to like zoom in on other coaches play sheets or listen to sideline recordings of opposing teams or something.

I wonder if Elon wants to own an NFL team?Β 

Nah I think Elon has bigger aspirations. Sure owning an NFL team is cool, but that doesn't strike me as something he cares about.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Nah I think Elon has bigger aspirations. Sure owning an NFL team is cool, but that doesn't strike me as something he cares about.

Elon’s trying to get to Mars. He doesn’t care about football lol. Dudes getting Twitter forΒ 
$44B. Football teams are small potatoes. He could buy the whole NFC.Β 

Id think if Bezos wanted the Commanders Β that bad, he’d just give up any potential conflict of interest Amazon would present with any partnerships with the NFL. Does having awful Thursday night games really bump his bottom line up that much for prime membership. It’s a nice perk for me but I’m not a prime member for the network or the crappy football. I’d buy the Commies, build a sick, state of the art stadium, slap Amazon all over it and own 1/32 of the NFL. Build out the brand that way. He’d get just as much exposure, not that he needs anymore, adding prime customers and collecting NFL revenue every year. Owning a football team is a license to print money. I think he just wants to get his foot in the door. I guess getting Thursday nights is his way but doesn’t seem like it’s some massive way of maneuvering a lot of prime customers. Just overkill. Far be it from me to critique his business savvy though.Β 

13 hours ago, Kiltman said:

yeah, would have to move things around.

It's kinda a bad idea to involve Bezos, but the NFL like to make money, so very possible.

Especially if they can get a competent owner in one of a the biggest markets, who they won't need to give money to or need public money to get a stadium (Pegula/Bills, Rams got money from the league for LA)

Β 

I'm not sure why people keep saying this. You don't get to being an omega billionaire by spending billions just be cause you can. If Bezos was to make a new stadium he's going to try his hardest to get anyone but himself to pay for it. Might he pay for it himself? Yeah sure he could, but it absolutely be the final option.

Not saying you are preaching this Kilt, just something i've been seeing pop up a lot lately.Β 

Edited by Daimonas