πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

6 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

What β€˜better’ teams would be pulling away from that defense? Even then the offense is unquestionably one of the best in the league and has ranked #1 since Dak came back. Think your claim might be a little unfounded there.Β 

One that didn't predictably run every time on 1st down. One that doesn't have Jeff Saturday as their HC. One that has basically anybody except the corpse of Matt Ryan as their QB. One that doesn't put the ball in Ryan's hands too often like they did. Offense ranked #1 according to what? You guys haven't exactly played a murderer's row of defenses since his return.

On 12/5/2022 at 6:43 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

Details like knowing a month is not 2 weeks? πŸ˜‰

Alright, forgot to follow up on this. As I've posted in this thread before, prior to the Titans matchup (which obviously was a great performance for Philly, kudos to them) the Eagles were averaging 26.75 points per game while allowing 24.5 points per game over the previous four games combined.. against teams with a combined record of 16-29-1. This was against the Texans, Commanders (who Dallas beat with their backup QB), Colts (who Dallas completely blew out in the end) and Packers. Four games -- not 2 weeks. Meanwhile even Washington had the same record as the Eagles over this same stretch (with a win against them) while averaging 22.75 points per game and allowing only 16 points per game to teams that currently have a combined record of 27-21-1. You could argue that over the past month prior to last Sunday Philly didn't even look notably better than Washington. The Cowboys on the other hand... do I even need to post the numbers? They clearly looked better than Philly for a month straight, and that has continued to be the case.Β 

The point is, people have been acting like the Eagles were clearly performing as the clear-cut best unit in the NFC when they really weren't. They had been setting a precedent of just skirting by bad-poor football units... whereas their beat down of the Titans was actually a little uncharacteristic of the level they had been playing at for a month. This wasn't the case of an outlier performance like Dallas had against GB... Philly had been less than the dominant unit that they're described to be for a month. If that continues to be their precedent, I think any team in the NFC playoffs is capable of giving them an immediate exit. So it'll be interesting to see how it goes for them... obviously if they continue to be dominant like they were against the Titans it's a different story.

Long post... but thought I'd refresh your memory since you were confusing 2 weeks for double that amount. And to think you'd accuse me of not being able to count..

Edited by NoFlyZone

On 12/5/2022 at 8:38 PM, EagleBlueDon said:

One that didn't predictably run every time on 1st down. One that doesn't have Jeff Saturday as their HC. One that has basically anybody except the corpse of Matt Ryan as their QB. One that doesn't put the ball in Ryan's hands too often like they did. Offense ranked #1 according to what? You guys haven't exactly played a murderer's row of defenses since his return.

Except this is kind of ridiculous because no one is talking about Dallas as a good defensive unit just because of the game against the Colts. In general they have been a strong unit this year. There is a reason why the Cowboys stayed afloat with Cooper Rush at the beginning of the season, and it's not because Rush was out there killing it. The defense carried the team and allowed the Cowboys attack to be anemic (they were ranked what... 27th? 28th?). There is a ton of evidence to the contrary of what you're saying. As far as the offense goes... 1st place in the NFL since Dak returned is still extremely notable, and quite the turnaround. It's not like you can turn around and just go against a top defense every single week... the point is that Dallas still has an electric offense and they have done everything they can to show that. I mean... would you really sit here and argue that Dallas does not have one of the best offensive attacks in the NFL right now? They're averaging well over 30 points a game with Dak... two years in a row.

Edited by NoFlyZone

18 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Alright, forgot to follow up on this. As I've posted in this thread before, prior to the Titans matchup (which obviously was a great performance for Philly, kudos to them) the Eagles were averaging 26.75 points per game while allowing 24.5 points per game over the previous four games combined.. against teams with a combined record of 16-29-1. This was against the Texans, Commanders (who Dallas beat with their backup QB), Colts (who Dallas completely blew out in the end) and Packers. Four games -- not 2 weeks.

The point is, people have been acting like the Eagles were clearly performing as the clear-cut best unit in the NFC when they really weren't. They had been setting a precedent of just skirting by bad-poor football units... whereas their beat down of the Titans was actually a little uncharacteristic of the level they had been playing at for a month. This wasn't the case of an outlier performance like Dallas had against GB... Philly had been less than the dominant unit that they're described to be for a month. If that continues to be their precedent, I think any team in the NFC playoffs is capable of giving them an immediate exit. So it'll be interesting to see how it goes for them... obviously if they continue to be dominant like they were against the Titans it's a different story.

If calling beating a team by double digits and the running for 360 yards and putting up 40 points on another β€œstruggling” to help you sleep at night, all power to you.Β 

8 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If calling beating a team by double digits and the running for 360 yards and putting up 40 points on another β€œstruggling” to help you sleep at night, all power to you.Β 

Lol.. I'm not saying the Eagles were struggling per se. I think I have been on record several times now saying they're a good team. I just think if they continue to play like they did for that month straight obviously any other contender is fully capable of hanging with them and winning -- it doesn't exactly put Philly up on the pedestal you'd think they'd be on with the best record in the NFL and holding the top seed in the conference.Β 

Also, you can't just isolate rushing output in one select game and ignore literally everything else that happened in the game... Philly only won by one score and frankly who knows what happens if Love would have played the whole game instead of a struggling Aaron Rodgers. Not to mention that the rushing output in that game is obviously an outlier... it's not like Philly is actually going out there and having that consistent running effort.Β 

Again, the point here is that they didn't look like an overall dominant unit for the past month leading up to last Sunday. They weren't even really performing better than Washington, let alone Dallas. They were pretty ho-hum. Maybe they turned that around last Sunday against the Titans.. who knows. Guess we'll see what the rest of the month brings. If they revert to how they had previously been playing over the past month then I think any real NFC contender can take them out... especially Dallas given that they have clearly been the stronger unit lately. The Eagles definitely have an interesting matchup with the Giants this Sunday -- personally my money is on the Giants.. but if the Eagles find their rhythm with actually being consistent in being the powerhouse they're played up to be then that obviously would favor them... I just need to see them actually do that.

Edited by NoFlyZone

4 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Lol.. I'm not saying the Eagles were struggling per se. I think I have been on record several times now saying they're a good team. I just think if they continue to play like they did for that month straight obviously any other contender is fully capable of hanging with them and winning -- it doesn't exactly put Philly up on the pedestal you'd think they'd be on with the best record in the NFL and holding the top seed in the conference.Β 

Also, you can't just isolate rushing output in one select game and ignore literally everything else that happened in the game... Philly only won by one score and frankly who knows what happens if Love would have played the whole game instead of a struggling Aaron Rodgers. Not to mention that the rushing output in that game is obviously an outlier... it's not like Philly is actually going out there and having that consistent running effort.Β 

Again, the point here is that they didn't look like an overall dominant unit for the past month leading up to last Sunday. They weren't even really performing better than Washington, let alone Dallas. They were pretty ho-hum. Maybe they turned that around last Sunday against the Titans.. who knows. Guess we'll see what the rest of the month brings. If they revert to how they had previously been playing over the past month then I think any real NFC contender can take them out... especially Dallas given that they have clearly been the stronger unit lately. The Eagles definitely have an interesting matchup with the Giants this Sunday -- personally my money is on the Giants.. but if the Eagles find their rhythm with actually being consistent in being the powerhouse they're played up to be then that obviously would favor them... I just need to see them actually do that.

You literally have been saying that for weeks. You break them ankles backtracking that fast?Β 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

You literally have been saying that for weeks. You break them ankles backtracking that fast?Β 

If that's truly how I feel why would I have any problem maintaining that thought? Even prior to their game against the Titans I stated that the Eagles are a good football team. Maybe you're thinking of some light jabs I've had here and there... but of course I think the Eagles are solid. You don't get to 10-1 as a bad football team. My general point has been that I don't believe that they've especially separated themselves from other legit contenders. They've become overrated... but yes, I think they're good... though I suppose 'good' could be a bit subjective. I think they're good in the sense that they're obviously a legitimate contender.. like some other NFC squads.

I'd love for you or anyone to find an actual post of mine articulating why I don't think the Eagles are good... pretty sure I haven't done that. That's just been an assumption that you guys have had -- which is why I've had to say several times now that I think the Eagles are a solid group.

Edited by NoFlyZone

Can’t wait until all this assessment means nothing. Reading him drone on about how he feels who has impressed him and in what capacity is asinine. Does he really believe NFL players sit at home and worry if they were the better team on paper? Such a nerd mentality. You have to play the game every week. The NFL is fickle. Styles dictate, injuries, travel, general rest and health, scheme, strengths and weaknesses Β all factor in and change weekly. β€œAny given Sunday” is an age old quote for a reason. And winning is all that matters. Fact is the Eagles are one of the more rounded teams this year, more versatile than most and have suffered one loss through 13 weeks. Have a top 2-3 offense AND defense and I have to sit here and listen to some couch spud go on about how he hasn’t been impressed about a professional football team over the last month of a 17 week season. It’s getting more than silly at this point. When will it end? The SB? 2? 3?Β 

40 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I have to sit here and listen to some couch spud go on about how he hasn’t been impressed about a professional football team over the last month

Technically, No you don't. I'm not until you all quote this idiot. Silence is bliss. Try it, πŸ‘

I don’t care about how he thinks about how impressive wins in the NFL are. Talk to me about matchups and what he thinks will happen. That’s more interesting than this garbage. β€œStruggling” and β€œnot impressive” are subjective and arbitrary. Tell me how you think team A is going to beat the Eagles. Let’s actually see him put his money where his mouth is. Is Zeke going to have his way with us? Will Dak throw it up and down? Parsons going to wreak havoc? When the Eagles are top 2 or 3 in total offense and defense, I don’t want to hear about how effective they are. The proof is right there. If you don’t find that impressive, then nothing any team is doing this year is impressive. The Eagles have consistently won the most this year. Every other team has had at least 2 or more hiccups than the Eagles. What do you need to see? Comparatively, no one is doing better.Β