πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

39 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Me: I think the Eagles are a strong team, I just don't think they're quite as strong as they're touted and other teams in the NFC actually might have as much a chance as they do based on some of their more recent performances over the last month

You: LOL Cowboys fan mad his team isn't #1

Me: No, don't get me wrong, I think Philly is good and I --

You: Lmaooo "wE dEm bOyS111!!"

I've seen you call them solid a lot, which is an insult to an 11-1 team.Β 

Β 

The last 6 weeks:Β 

Dallas 5-1Β 

209 pf (34.8) -would be 1st overall projectedΒ 
108 pa (18) - would be 5th overall projectedΒ 
Β 
opponents (34-39-2)Β 
DET- (5-7) o 369.1 (7th), d 402.2 (32nd) W 24-6
CHI- (3-10) o 329.8 (23rd), d 350.5 (20th) W 49-29
GB- (5-8) o 345.6 (15th), d 347.7 (18th) L 28-31
MIN- (10-2) o 335.8 (19th), d 398.7 (31st) W Β 40-3
NYG- (7-4-1) o 330.1 (22nd), d 359.8 (23rd) W 28-20
IND- (4-8-1) o 318.0 (25th), d 314.8 (9th) W Β  54-19
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-
Philly 5-1
177 pf (29.5) -would be 1stΒ 
116 pa (19.3) -would be 9th
Β 
opponents (29-43-2)
PIT- (5-7) o 316.3 (26th), d 362.6 (24th) W Β  Β  35-13
HOU- (1-10-1) o 279.3 (32nd), d 378.3 (28th) W 29-17
WAS- Β (7-5-1) o 331.5 (21st), d 310.5 (6th) L 21-32
IND- (4-8-1) o 318.9 (25th), d 314.8 (9th) W Β  Β 17-16
GB- (5-8) o 345.6 (15th), d 347.7 (18th) W Β  Β  Β 40-33
TEN- Β (7-5) o 291.3 (29th), d 359.8 (22nd) W 35-10
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
Wash 4-1-1
114 pf (19) -would be 26thΒ 
100 pa (16.6) -would be 2nd
Β 
opponents (38-33-2)
Β IND- (4-8-1) o 318.9 (25th), d 314.8 (9th) W Β  17-16
MIN- (10-2) o 335.8 (19th), d 398.7 (31st) L Β  Β  17-20
PHL- (11-1) o 388.3 (3rd), d 296.4 (2nd) W 32-21
HOU- (1-10-1) o 279.3 (32nd), d 378.3 (28th) W 23-10
ATL- (5-8) o 314.6 (28th), d 380.6 (29th) W Β  Β 19-13
NYG- (7-4-1) o 330.1 (22nd), d 359.8 (23rd) T 20-20

Β 

@NoFlyZoneSo here’s most to all the context you need, since you deem it so important. Β Besides the fact that everyone has performed overall very well, the most glaring difference is Was offense is in no comparison to Dal and Phl. Everything else is mostly negligible. This is what I mean when I say that context is the cousin to excuses. After all the analysis you can draw from that and context you can explain and whatever, what does it really mean? You can make the argument that Dallas has performed the best in that span. And what exactly does that get you? Does it make you feel better that Dallas, in an arbitrary way, has been really good since Dak came back? Philly has β€œstruggled”? (somehow you came up with that notion) Wash is comparable to them?Β 
Β 

Instead, since it matters nil anyway, forget the context, because I can counter any argument with stats until we are both exhausted and just tell me who is winning and who is losing. They are all doing very well lately. But the only thing that matters is who is winning. This β€œcontext” means nothing in the end. Dallas could run the table and get bounced in TB. What would any context mean then? Wash can sneak in the playoffs and upset their way to the SB. I just find it pointless to justify wins and losses when it doesn’t matter in the end. It all comes out in the wash.Β 

Anyone else find it hilarious how the Entire fan base, players ,coaches and Jerry Jones slobered over OBJ practically begging him to become a Cowboy.Β  Only to find out or intentionally leak that medically Odell might not be ready for another month or longer?

Typical Jerry Jones. Trying to drive down the price on a player or temper everones expectations because he knows they don't have the money to get it done. Gotta love it.

Β 

https://sports.yahoo.com/micah-parsons-odell-beckham-expects-033056802.html

Β 

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Anyone else find it hilarious how the Entire fan base, players ,coaches and Jerry Jones slobered over OBJ practically begging him to become a Cowboy.Β  Only to find out or intentionally leak that medically Odell might not be ready for another month or longer?

Typical Jerry Jones. Trying to drive down the price on a player or temper everones expectations because he knows tgey don't have the money to get it done. Gotta love it.

Β 

https://sports.yahoo.com/micah-parsons-odell-beckham-expects-033056802.html

Β 

What world do you live in? You do realize media/ sports journalism types have jobs to do... right? And that the OBJ thing was just an easy thing for them to constantly put out there.. because that's their job? Literally just yesterday a leader on the team said that they didn't want that circus... and other quotes came from media members doing their jobs and asking questions lol. Derp.

Edited by NoFlyZone

6 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Β 

@NoFlyZoneSo here’s most to all the context you need, since you deem it so important. Β Besides the fact that everyone has performed overall very well, the most glaring difference is Was offense is in no comparison to Dal and Phl. Everything else is mostly negligible. This is what I mean when I say that context is the cousin to excuses. After all the analysis you can draw from that and context you can explain and whatever, what does it really mean? You can make the argument that Dallas has performed the best in that span. And what exactly does that get you? Does it make you feel better that Dallas, in an arbitrary way, has been really good since Dak came back? Philly has β€œstruggled”? (somehow you came up with that notion) Wash is comparable to them?Β 
Β 

Instead, since it matters nil anyway, forget the context, because I can counter any argument with stats until we are both exhausted and just tell me who is winning and who is losing. They are all doing very well lately. But the only thing that matters is who is winning. This β€œcontext” means nothing in the end. Dallas could run the table and get bounced in TB. What would any context mean then? Wash can sneak in the playoffs and upset their way to the SB. I just find it pointless to justify wins and losses when it doesn’t matter in the end. It all comes out in the wash.Β 

I mean, you're changing the scope of the discussion a little. Though I should say kudos for compiling all of that. But I already threw the numbers out there for the point in time I was considering for the Eagles, being that they had four games in a row where their overall performance as a team was sort of trending down. Even one of the posters over here said that they felt like the team had been in a slump. Over that span of games they were averaging around 26 points per game and allowing 24... and I felt like that was the case before I even put the numbers together just based on what I was seeing in the games. It would be one thing if it was just the odd game here or there, but it was a lengthy stretch of games that were played in a row... so sort of unlike what Dallas dealt with in GB where that performance wasn't really par for the course.Β 

That said, I'm not trying to cherry pick here... it's just the point that Philly was looking a little underwhelming (as someone who is supposed to be the NFC favorite) for a decent stretch of games there, even when they did have impressive elements within those games.. such as the great rushing effort against GB. But it did just seem like they were maybe coming back down to earth a little, within shot of their competition in the NFC. Maybe they broke out of that again against the Titans, who knows. If so, the Giants are certainly in trouble on Sunday. If not, that game could go either way in my opinion... and that's just based on how they were consistently looking for a stretch of games before shaking out of it and dominating a decent Titans team.Β 

Obviously December games are going to be important for momentum for all playoff bound teams, as well as potential seeding. It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out. Maybe Philly will play to their overall season status, or maybe they'll settle down like they had been. As far as Dallas goes, yes, I think they have unquestionably earned the same status as the Eagles based on recent play going back to when Dak came back... but I suppose we'll see how December goes.Β 

Edited by NoFlyZone

4 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

I mean, you're changing the scope of the discussion a little. Though I should say kudos for compiling all of that. But I already threw the numbers out there for the point in time I was considering for the Eagles, being that they had four games in a row where their overall performance as a team was sort of trending down. Even one of the posters over here said that they felt like the team had been in a slump. Over that span of games they were averaging around 26 points per game and allowing 24... and I felt like that was the case before I even put the numbers together just based on what I was seeing in the games. It would be one thing if it was just the odd game here or there, but it was a lengthy stretch of games that were played in a row... so sort of unlike what Dallas dealt with in GB where that performance wasn't really par for the course.Β 

That said, I'm not trying to cherry pick here... it's just the point that Philly was looking a little underwhelming (as someone who is supposed to be the NFC favorite) for a decent stretch of games there, even when they did have impressive elements within those games.. such as the great rushing effort against GB. But it did just seem like they were maybe coming back down to earth a little, within shot of their competition in the NFC. Maybe they broke out of that again against the Titans, who knows. If so, the Giants are certainly in trouble on Sunday. If not, that game could go either way in my opinion... and that's just based on how they were consistently looking for a stretch of games before shaking out of it and dominating a decent Titans team.Β 

Obviously December games are going to be important for momentum for all playoff bound teams, as well as potential seeding. It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out. Maybe Philly will play to their overall season status, or maybe they'll settle down like they had been. As far as Dallas goes, yes, I think they have unquestionably earned the same status as the Eagles based on recent play going back to when Dak came back... but I suppose we'll see how December goes.Β 

That’s all fine but do you normally expect a team to run elite stem to stern? Do you know how rareΒ it is for a team to just annihilate everyone for 17 weeks?Β