🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

31 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea, you never want to see it. But it’s not a good move for the prosperity of the team. Possible great move for the next couple years. Problem is, they’ve done well enough drafting to compile a good team. They are far from scary or a top seed lock but good enough to do some damage. If they get good production out of that 2nd WR spot again, it’ll be trouble for everyone. All that said, you keep making bad first round picks that don’t have the longevity to keep great players in your system, it tends to trend down. 

The problem (for us) they keep drafting well in the first round. 

21 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Bijan would be a very win now move for the Cowboys. I still don't think that gets them over the hump, but it definitely is a win now move.

If they are smart they are drafting an OT in round 1 and not an RB.

Find someone to blame other than the dud HC, Sign middle talent to long term deals, draft a RB higher than they should…looking to be a classic Cowboys offseason.

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Zero doubt in my mind Jerry will draft Bijan if there, Zero. I wouldn't be against it either. Regardless of what the pundits believe about 1st rd RB.

A potentially better Rookie Zeke Elliot in that offense on the cheap for 4-5 years? I've seen what a 1,800 yd RB can do for Dak, want no part of it. 

Agreed. I commented somewhere else it almost makes me want the Commanders to take Bijan so that it doesn't happen for either of you. 

I still think there’s some life in Zeke. He still finishes runs. Something I always quietly admired about him. I dunno. Maybe if he can shed 15 lbs, might be good for him. 230  is awfully big for 6 ft. Get down to 215, get a little spring back and I can see him being a good 2 headed monster situation somewhere. 

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I still think there’s some life in Zeke. He still finishes runs. Something I always quietly admired about him. I dunno. Maybe if he can shed 15 lbs, might be good for him. 230  is awfully big for 6 ft. Get down to 215, get a little spring back and I can see him being a good 2 headed monster situation somewhere. 

He can play. Just not worth anything close to what the Cowboys were paying him.

On 3/19/2023 at 11:41 AM, EagleBlueDon said:

Feel like winning a super bowl during the heart of their run was payback in a way.

Seeing the Giants win it all in '07 after we came so close for so long was pretty painful. I'd like to think the pain for Cowboys fans was worse than that when we won it all. Judging by the amount of broken TV videos we see each year after they get heartbroken, I'd say it that's likely true.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...