πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Good news/bad news.

The good news is we are so scared of Davis, its why we specifically drafted Smith OG.Β 

The bad news is that under Will McClay weve drafted 3 first round OL. And if it wasnt for a weird arse disease all 3 would make the HOF. Smith OT, Martin, Fredbeard.

ko6fjos6kbx81.jpg?width=569&auto=webp&s=

Good luck to Smith as a rookie trying to block Hargrave from getting to Prescott.

Dallas probably would’ve been a better fit for Linderbaum than Baltimore.

13 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Good luck to Smith as a rookie trying to block Hargrave from getting to Prescott.

Dallas probably would’ve been a better fit for Linderbaum than Baltimore.

Thats future HOF Smith to you.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats future HOF Smith to you.

He has great potential at guard. Like him better there than tackle, but he probably won’t be going up against Jordan Davis year 1 at least as he’ll be playing more nose and be over Tyler Biadasz for the most part who struggles against the bull rush and Davis will be learning how to better bull rush from probably the best DT at it over the last decade. Good luck. You’re gonna need it.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

As I told Kilty in gen - thats not "losing". That was kicking off the team because they werent living up to their contract or flat out sucked.

Then why is Dak still on the team?

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I thought we did a great job of getting younger, and hopefully better, at pretty much every spot we needed someone.

You do know that is the after effects of the NFL draft?Β EveryΒ team that has their draft picks get younger and hope they replace the older talent with the influx of cheap college talent.Β 

HoweverΒ congratulations on your team doing what 90% of the rest of the NFL did.Β Β 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

Then why is Dak still on the team?

Bow down to your superiors you pleb.

2 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

You do know that is the after effects of the NFL draft?Β EveryΒ team that has their draft picks get younger and hope they replace the older talent with the influx of cheap college talent.Β 

HoweverΒ congratulations on your team doing what 90% of the rest of the NFL did.Β Β 

IΒ  mean we didnt reach and got guys at need spots. It was a value in the trenches.Β Most teams effe up the draft. Ya know, they get Fumble Jones or Jalen Hurts.Β 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Bow down to your superiors you pleb.

IΒ  mean we didnt reach and got guys at need spots. It was a value in the trenches.Β Most teams effe up the draft. Ya know, they get Fumble Jones or Jalen Hurts.Β 

The both them combined don't make as much as Over Priced Dak.

10 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

The both them combined don't make as much as Over Priced Dak.

Both of them combined have won 15% of the divisional wins of Dak also.Β 

Its always funny to me when divisional rivals try to poop on Dak. I get it, you cant beat him so you hate him.Β 

29 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Both of them combined have won 15% of the divisional wins of Dak also.Β 

Its always funny to me when divisional rivals try to poop on Dak. I get it, you cant beat him so you hate him.Β 

And for all of that, he only has one more career playoff victory than both of them. No I don't hate him as long as he with the Cowboys they are no threat to win a Superbowl, he can't even make it to the NFC Championship game.

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

As I told Kilty in gen - thats not "losing". That was kicking off the team because they werent living up to their contract or flat out sucked.

The only one we "lost" was Gregory.

As I pointed out there too I think, just because they weren’t living up to the inflated deals or draftΒ position, doesn’t mean they were nothing in those spots.

Long term I totally see the logic in it and how it’s better for you. But year one it could and should hurt you guys. Maybe those rookies come in and reach that mark…but hard to say.Β 
Β 

Contrast that to what the Eagles did, they added tangible talent that we know has played well in the league. Reddick has had double digit sacks on two separate teams, AJ Brown has been one of the better young wideouts, just less guessing work. Certainly a question of will it work/fit, but no can they work/play in the league. Just a difference between the two and what they did. Especially when on paper a lot of them look like downgrades, even if just for this first year.

32 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

As I pointed out there too I think, just because they weren’t living up to the inflated deals or draftΒ position, doesn’t mean they were nothing in those spots.

Long term I totally see the logic in it and how it’s better for you. But year one it could and should hurt you guys. Maybe those rookies come in and reach that mark…but hard to say.Β 
Β 

Contrast that to what the Eagles did, they added tangible talent that we know has played well in the league. Reddick has had double digit sacks on two separate teams, AJ Brown has been one of the better young wideouts, just less guessing work. Certainly a question of will it work/fit, but no can they work/play in the league. Just a difference between the two and what they did. Especially when on paper a lot of them look like downgrades, even if just for this first year.

The take that the Cowboys haven't gotten worse on paper is just insane to me. It's almost so asinine that I ignore any attempt at an explanation.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Losing Amari Cooper wasn't a loss? Okay.Β 

They can say whatever they want about Connor Williams, the dude was a starter. Anytime you lose a serviceable starter, which I think most Cowboys fans would at least categorize him as, it's notable. To just assume a replacement will come in and play better is a total projection and ignoring that fact. Same with Cedrick Wilson, who was a quality WR3 for them. We're just gonna assume James Washington and Jalen Tolbert are gonna come in and directly replace his quality of play, or even surpass it? He got a nice deal that kind of sheds light on what he is/can be, that those players aren't.Β Sam Williams, Dorance Armstrong and Dante Fowler gonna lighten the fall of losing a Randy Gregory? They lost Neal and Kazee, two Dan Quinn guys. All of this without mentioning they lost their WR1/1A in Amari Cooper. Again, counting on Tolbert and Washington to replace him. Just not seeing it here.

• Like 1