πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

17 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

When Matts trolled, he knew he was trolling, this bruh is dead a$$ serious…..

I mean I can understand you wishing it wasn’t true..

Weird how things went dead silent here before I had to get it rolling again. Can’t imagine I would have had to do that if Dallas lost on Sunday. Super weird.

Edited by NoFlyZone

7 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Whether that’s true or not… clearly and obviously Minshew played a great game. Dallas was fantastic on offense. The drop off between Hurts and Minshew was barely visible whereas the difference between Rush and Dak is clearly massive.Β 
How exactly do you think Hurts performs in that game? Dallas needed 35+ to win as it was… and put up 40. You think Hurts would have been putting up 40+? Because that’s likely what it would have taken.Β 

This. This is just insane. You haven’t watched enough Eagles football to even utter that phrase if you think this is true.Β 

33 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

This. This is just insane. You haven’t watched enough Eagles football to even utter that phrase if you think this is true.Β 

Where was the big difference? How did it really materialize? I’m not even talking about stylistically. From a pure production standpoint Minshew was literally more productive than Hurts was in the first match up. How much more do you think you would have gotten out of Hurts in that game? Even the two picks were simply pretty good steals from Kearse and Bland… don’t think they were totally egregious mistakes, really.Β 
And that’s not to say I think Minshew is better… he just played fairly heroically as a fill in. I was simply comparing that to the drop off between Rush and Dak… which is clearly larger given that Rush had an outright horrible outing against Philly.Β 

Edited by NoFlyZone

2 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Where was the big difference? How did it really materialize? I’m not even talking about stylistically. From a pure production standpoint Minshew was literally more productive than Hurts was in the first match up. How much more do you think you would have gotten out of Hurts in that game? Even the two picks were simply pretty good steals from Kearse and Bland… don’t think they were totally egregious mistakes, really.Β 
And that’s not to say I think Minshew is better… he just played fairly heroically as a fill in. I was simply comparing that to the drop off between Rush and Dak… which is clearly larger given that Rush had an outright horrible outing against Philly.Β 

This is kind of a dumb argument to even start. But since we’re here….there’s really no way to tell if Hurts would have been better than Minshew. I can just go off of passed performances. Hurts has been playing MVP ball. The offense is really different with Hurts clearly. Way different styles. There were multiple times Hurts would have avoided pressure, particularly the one series near the end zone where Parsons chased Minshew into another defender. Hurts would have turned the corner and possibly scored. I mean, this is just one example how the game could have differed. Honestly, I think Minshew played well. I think if he simply hadn’t thrown those two balls to Watkins, we’re talking about the Eagles winning by 10. Unfortunate turnovers is why we lost. It had little to do with Minshews decision making. Coupled with some questionable defensive decisions, particularly riding with Josiah Scott so brashly and the 3rd and 30 call. But I digress. There’s no way to tell if Hurts could have played as well, worse, or even better. I’d argue Hurts is a better QB and the offense is more dangerous with him at QB but that’s about as far as I can go given Β the completely hypothetical nature of this.Β 

Edited by Jroc04

15 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

I mean I can understand you wishing it wasn’t true..

Weird how things went dead silent here before I had to get it rolling again. Can’t imagine I would have had to do that if Dallas lost on Sunday. Super weird.

Lets use common sense here...if the Eagles beat Dallas with a backup QB, yes, people would be laughing at Dallas. Dallas beat the Eagles backup QB in a meaningless game...I wonder why no one cares? If the Cowboys don't blow a 17 point lead to the Jags then then people would've actually cared about this game.