πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

18 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Jerry's response was very Jerry

You can tell Jerry’s mindset is trending into the β€œI’m old AF and I really don’t care anymore” attitude. He’s starting to let the little but actual honest thoughts start to creep out of his mouth. He’s probably had that type of attitude behind closed doors for a long time. This is Jerry’s playground. I think he honestly serves no real moral high ground when it comes to these guys. He’s like the warden in the last yard.Β 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Cowboys gonna be in trouble financially after Dak and Lamb extensions. Maybe that’s why they’re kicking the tires on Lance.Β 

I’m not too high on dak but I don’t hate him either. That being said, I do think he’s over paid and his next contract will be an overpay too. I hate the cowboys with a passion but I honestly think the lance trade is a good opportunity for them. It’s low risk/potential high reward and honestly if lance reaches his potential, I’m a little nervous it’d possibly be with the cowboys.

Β 

Lance in my opinion provides a few things for the cowboys. 1, it puts pressure on dak and possibly keep negotiations from getting too outta hand on his end. 2. If he plays well, they don’t have to pay dak, they can trade dak to a contender probably getting at least a 1st and have a cheaper qb.

46 minutes ago, Jays3 said:

Lance in my opinion provides a few things for the cowboys. 1, it puts pressure on dak and possibly keep negotiations from getting too outta hand on his end. 2. If he plays well, they don’t have to pay dak, they can trade dak to a contender probably getting at least a 1st and have a cheaper qb.

Daks making $59M next year, no team is trading for that. Unless Dak gets hurt again, Lance will never see the field in the next 2 seasons. So thier 2025 decision will be based on two things.

A: Did the Cowboys do anything in th playoffs NFCCG/SB in 2023 and 2024?

B: Did Lance at least prove to be a bridge QB the past 2 years ("during Practices/TC's") they could pay 1/2 that salary too ala Jordan Love 2023. Then extend him,Β  if the answer is yes.

If the answer to (A) is not a GD thing like the last 27 years?Β  Dak Prescott regardless of Trey Lance won't be a Cowboy in 2025 IMO. Both he and McCarthy are tied at the hip now!

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Daks making $59M next year, no team is trading for that. Unless Dak gets hurt again, Lance will never see the field in the next 2 seasons. So thier 2025 decision will be based on two things.

B: Did Lance at least prove to be a bridge QB the past 2 years ("during Practices/TC's") they could pay 1/2 that salary too ala Jordan Love 2023. Then extend him,Β  if the answer is yes.

If the answer to (A) is not a GD thing like the last 27 years?Β  Dak Prescott regardless of Trey Lance won't be a Cowboy in 2025 IMO. Both he and McCarthy are tied at the hip now!

Dak has started to be a bit injury prone so I wouldn’t count out seeing Lance get PT to be honest.
Β 

As far as the contract goes, I think there’s things Dallas can do to trade dak if that’s what they want to do. Most people didn’t think wentz contract was tradable either and he’s been traded twice, both times leaving the previous team with the most dead cap in a NFL trade in history if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

By the way, wasn’t there a rumor that Jerry Jones wanted to draft his grandson at one point? I think it was Stephen Jones son.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jays3 said:

I’m not too high on dak but I don’t hate him either. That being said, I do think he’s over paid and his next contract will be an overpay too. I hate the cowboys with a passion but I honestly think the lance trade is a good opportunity for them. It’s low risk/potential high reward and honestly if lance reaches his potential, I’m a little nervous it’d possibly be with the cowboys.

Β 

Lance is never going to play unless Dak gets hurt.Β  A QB they invested a 4th Rd pick in is not putting any pressure on Dak.Β  For better or worse Dallas is stuck with Dak til they decide to blow this core up.

Β 

Secondly, Dallas is in no way shape or form getting a 1st for Dak if Lance takes his job.Β  It's a moot point anyway because Dak isn't getting traded.

2 hours ago, Jays3 said:

Dak has started to be a bit injury prone so I wouldn’t count out seeing Lance get PT to be honest.
Β 

As far as the contract goes, I think there’s things Dallas can do to trade dak if that’s what they want to do. Most people didn’t think wentz contract was tradable either and he’s been traded twice, both times leaving the previous team with the most dead cap in a NFL trade in history if I remember correctly.

That's probably as good a reason as any that neither side would make that trade.Β  Few if any front office's are as dysfunctional as Indy and Washington.