🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

It honestly baffles me their lack of postseason success. They're way better than we are at building a roster, they've had our number for the better part of a decade and yet we were so close to having two titles in the Dak era. 

I don’t know about them being way better than building a roster. They drafted better in the last decade but that may be swinging our way now. I’ll prefer Howie’s approach of keeping the trenches stocked rather than Jerry’s. That’s been the reason we’ve been successful with revolving pieces in and out. 

1 hour ago, Jays3 said:

Just goes to show how much team chemistry really matters. When you got teammates going up to dak prescott in practice, getting in his face, and then yelling “shut your ***** *** up” and everybody having that guys back, then there’s a chemistry issue in my opinion.

I think it’s clear that the eagles have great team chemistry. These guys legitimately love being around each other.

This is some truly delusional stuff.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

I don’t know about them being way better than building a roster. They drafted better in the last decade but that may be swinging our way now. I’ll prefer Howie’s approach of keeping the trenches stocked rather than Jerry’s. That’s been the reason we’ve been successful with revolving pieces in and out. 

The thing the Dallas Cowboys have been clearly better at is drafting in the first round. Definitely not roster building.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Yep. I would say Dallas has been better at drafting overall, although recently the eagles might have been better in super recent years. But drafting is the main way that Dallas acquires players. Philly acquires players in free agency and trades at a higher clip although this year cooks and Gilmore were good adds for them.

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The thing the Dallas Cowboys have been clearly better at is drafting in the first round. Definitely not roster building.

Agreed with this. Dallas has been really good in the draft but not as good in free agency and trades

Edited by Jays3

3 minutes ago, Jays3 said:

Agreed with this. Dallas has been really good in the draft but not as good in free agency and trades

No need to do so when you draft well. Howie being so good at dealing/trading is the compliment to his suspect drafting. Just look at last year's defense, out of all the top talent we had, only Sweat was his. 

On 9/11/2023 at 6:03 AM, EagleBlueDon said:

This is literally the only thing people should be saying right now about Dallas.

Not really. It’s just a lazy ESPN driven cliche based on nothing. I think we can acknowledge Dallas has been strong while also acknowledging that the 49ers have been a powerhouse and have had their number the last two seasons. Maybe that’ll change this season, maybe it won’t. Both are great.

Right now, the 49ers are really the only team I’m all that concerned about in the NFC as a Cowboys fan. Of course the Eagles are up there as well, but from a matchup standpoint it’s a different story.

Edited by NoFlyZone

13 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

No need to do so when you draft well. Howie being so good at dealing/trading is the compliment to his suspect drafting. Just look at last year's defense, out of all the top talent we had, only Sweat was his. 

Howie has been better at drafting since the Jalen reagor disaster. The 2 most recent drafts both look good, although it’s still way to early to know for sure.

2 minutes ago, Jays3 said:

Howie has been better at drafting since the Jalen reagor disaster. The 2 most recent drafts both look good, although it’s still way to early to know for sure.

2021 looks damn good. 2022 don't know yet. 

It takes way more than that to change the stance of a known bad drafter though. 

Edited by Broadway Joe

23 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

2021 looks damn good. 2022 don't know yet. 

It takes way more than that to change the stance of a known bad drafter though. 

Oh I agree, I’m just saying I do think it’s trending in the right direction. But yes, howie still needs more good drafts.

Edited by Jays3

I mean, as long as we’re acquiring these people, what does it matter? A lot of teams find picks to be gold bouillon and never give them up. Howie will trade them away for that right price. Again, it’s this weird narrative about not being happy with the overall product because it’s not exactly the way that particular person thinks things should be constructed. I’m more of a how-does-it-come-out-in-the-wash type fella myself. I don’t really care how you get there, just show me the results. Isn’t that what the NFL is? Results driven? Does anyone really care unless you’re having post season success? I don’t think you can find more than a couple GMs more successful than Howie. 

On 9/11/2023 at 7:37 AM, Shockwave said:

Total BS... one guy said something akin to Jones killing them by 1000 cuts if the D can keep Dak in check. Literally everyone else predicted a hard fought ugly close game. 

I'm sorry, what???

From NYG:

Giants4eva -  i have a gut feeling this game comes to us.
GMENNATION - I'm feeling pretty confident as well.
minutemancl - I'm feeling super confident
Shockwave -  But at home, healthy, new turf, and the most talent they've had on the field in years. Gives us a good shot.

Big ups to one guy:
Go_Giants - It seems I am one of the few not feeling very confident

Even if someone said it would be a hard fought, close game .... was it close?
Well, it was ugly.

These are not your Mama's Giants.

Edited by babyatemydingo
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

Ok but why though? 

Shockwave -  But at home, healthy, new turf, and the most talent they've had on the field in years. Gives us a good shot.

^ That was my reasoning. Along with being like 1-9 against them over the last 10 figured at some point they'd break through. I mean coming off a playoff win I certainly didn't expect a complete debacle like Sunday Night.