πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 hours ago, eagles18 said:

Let us not be distracted from the fact that despite the blow out win, dak still couldn’t throw 200 yardsΒ 

Also dont be distracted by the fact that QBs sub 200 yards with a 6-7 YPA and no INTS win 96% of their games against playoff teams the last 10 years.Β 

Also dont be distracted by the fact that passing yards have a .16 correlation to winning. IE - its a useless stat.Β 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

It appears the NFC E heard us collectively talk ish and decided to not be trash for a weekend. Except the Giants. There is always that one guy.Β 

giants are a hot mess its saquon barkley and 21 other guys that dont care.

52 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

giants are a hot mess its saquon barkley and 21 other guys that dont care.

It's mind boggling just how bad they are! There is talent on the team especially at the Skilled positions ,WR, RB, TE, CB S.Β 

Oh well, to bad to sad! ?

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Also dont be distracted by the fact that QBs sub 200 yards with a 6-7 YPA and no INTS win 96% of their games against playoff teams the last 10 years.Β 

Also dont be distracted by the fact that passing yards have a .16 correlation to winning. IE - its a useless stat.Β 

Really digging deep to find a stat the explains Dak’s ineptness, huh?

25 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I did watch a bit of the first half, and Dak looked much better by the the eye test. He threw a good pass to Michael Gallup in the endzone that Gallup just couldn't get his one foot down, but he absolutely should have been able to.

24 minutes ago, Danger said:

I did watch a bit of the first half, and Dak looked much better by the the eye test. He threw a good pass to Michael Gallup in the endzone that Gallup just couldn't get his one foot down, but he absolutely should have been able to.

Completely agreed. Dak looked probably the best I’ve seen since his rookie year. But he was looking to scramble entirely too much. That’s going to get you hurt eventually. That’s just history.Β 

Jax was all of baffling yesterday though.Β They don’t spy Dak even though he was gashing them all day. Beasley (9 catches, 8 everyone else)Β Β was somehow destroying them and was the only real receiving threat. They didn’t do any counter moves and just let Dallas dictate to them through those zone read plays and let Beasley have his way. Honestly, they were so bad offensively, there was nothing they were going to do to win anyway. Dallas just ate them alive.Β 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Nope. I just read it elsewhere and thought I would share. Even if you take out the YPA, <200 yards with not INT wins 80% of its games. There is literally almost no correlation to winning and passing yards.Β 

Β 

ANY/A though is highly correlated. Its not how many yards, its how efficiently you get them. Which is why Dak was amazing his first ~25 game and mediocre to awful his last ~15. He quit being efficient.Β 

27 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:
1 hour ago, Danger said:

Completely agreed. Dak looked probably the best I’ve seen since his rookie year. But he was looking to scramble entirely too much. That’s going to get you hurt eventually. That’s just history.Β 

Jax was all of baffling yesterday though.Β They don’t spy Dak even though he was gashing them all day. Beasley (9 catches, 8 everyone else)Β Β was somehow destroying them and was the only real receiving threat. They didn’t do any counter moves and just let Dallas dictate to them through those zone read plays and let Beasley have his way. Honestly, they were so bad offensively, there was nothing they were going to do to win anyway. Dallas just ate them alive.Β 

He looked really good against the Lions too. But until we find a way to look good back to back weeks I am going to continue to think we are trash.Β 

When Cowboys utilize Dak's running ability, he instantly looks much more comfortable out there to me and the offense as a whole obviously benefits from the gains. He's built like McNabb, and you haven't invested anything in him yet, so might as well let him use his legs even if it exposes him to more hits. I can only assume keeping him in the pocket Y2 was a deliberate attempt by the coaching staff as part of gradual transformation to see him go fromΒ zone read spread QB at Miss St to a traditional pro passer, but clearly is not working out, as a drop back passer he is simply mediocre.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

When Cowboys utilize Dak's running ability, he instantly looks much more comfortable out there to me and the offense as a whole obviously benefits from the gains. He's built like McNabb, and you haven't invested anything in him yet, so might as well let him use his legs even if it exposes him to more hits. I can only assume keeping him in the pocket Y2 was a deliberate attempt by the coaching staff as part of gradual transformation to see him go fromΒ zone read spread QB at Miss St to a traditional pro passer, but clearly is not working out, as a drop back passer he is simply mediocre.

Its not the passing part of being drop back that hurts him, its pocket awareness. Thats why he looks so much better on the run. In the pocket he plays skiddish like he is about to get murdered from behind. On the run he has a clear idea where pressure is so he is able to keep his eyes downfield.Β 

Dak sucks. Even Brock Osweiler has a good game against a good D once in a while. Dak needs to keep running for 50+ yards if he wants to keep having success. He's like a less athletic Vick.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Dak sucks. Even Brock Osweiler has a good game against a good D once in a while. Dak needs to keep running for 50+ yards if he wants to keep having success. He's like a less athletic Vick.

im just sayin, i mentioned that dak looked like kaepernick day 1. my opinion hasnt changed.