🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

18 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You are?

Tons of teams have cap space.

Debatable.  The team has spent a ton of high picks on the Oline, which has looked rather poor at times this year.  Dallas spent a top 5 pick on a RB.  I don't care if he's good or not, a RB is not worth that high of a pick.  They've assembled some quality players on their front 7, including D Lawrence and solid good LBers.  But the secondary is still very questionable, even after spending several picks on CBs lately.  

Correct.  Try winning a playoff game first.  Until then your FO has been mediocre at best.  

Garrett is not a good Head Coach.  I'm a firm believer that Dallas will never accomplish anything with him as their coach.  

I'm also not a believer in Dak, I see him as a game manager at best.  I would be absolutely thrilled if Dallas gives him an extension.  

Yes

Not many competitive teams have as much cap space + players under contract as we do.

The above statement is directly reflected in the drafting. And good job ignoring all the other solid draft picks. Tell me which team in the division has drafted as well as us the last several years? Our secondary is actually above average. Where are you getting this "very questionable" non sense? 

Agreed we need to win playoff games. Disagree that our FO is "Mediocre at best". Id say we are clearly top 10, maybe top 5.

Cool. I disagree. Hes absolutely better than the Giants/Redskins HC. Its hard to argue that he is better than Pederson, but its looking more and more that last year was a product of the assistants in Philly.

Dak is a game manager period. Not at best, thats what he is. At best he has some really good performances. But at worst he is a guy who manages the game and doesnt lose it for you. 

You need to check your hyperbole. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Hyperbole should be Dallas' mascot.  There isn't a more overrated team/roster in the NFL every year.  

Does hyperbole win you games? Because weve won the second most in the NFL the last 3 years. Which is amazing when you consider (that according to you):

1. Our FO is "mediocre at best"; they are failing and our drafts arent that good

2. Our HC will never win anything; he is just a clapping ginger moron.

3. Our QB is a "game manager at best"

4. We have a "very suspect secondary".

5. Our RB "wasnt worth the pick"

6. Our OL "looks suspect at times"

Its truly amazing that we win more than 90% of every other team in the NFL with a tyrant owner leading a ishy FO, led by a craptastic HC and QB, surrounded with mediocre pieces all over the offense and defense. 

I hope someone will one day explain how we win so often with such terrible pieces from top to bottom. 

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Does hyperbole win you games? Because weve won the second most in the NFL the last 3 years.

Ok, first  I'm not going to go through all 32 teams, but I can already tell this is incorrect.  Dallas has 28 wins in 3 years, Pats have 35, Chiefs have 31, Steelers have 31, I stopped counting there.  

Second, who cares?  Zero playoff wins.

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

1. Our FO is "mediocre at best"; they are failing and our drafts arent that good

Win a playoff game.

2. Our HC will never win anything; he is just a clapping ginger moron.

Until he proves he can win anything of meaning, I stand by my opinion.  

3. Our QB is a "game manager at best"

I think even the most staunch Dak defender would admit he's a game manager.  

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

4. We have a "very suspect secondary".

Its the weakness of Dallas' defense, I don't see how this is controversial.  

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

5. Our RB "wasnt worth the pick"

In the modern game dominated by passing and high end RBs going in the mid rounds all the time, RB that early is a highly questionable pick.  Again, this opinion isn't controversial.  

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

6. Our OL "looks suspect at times"

Hasn't it? 

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I hope someone will one day explain how we win so often with such terrible pieces from top to bottom.

Nothing of consequence.  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Ok, first  I'm not going to go through all 32 teams, but I can already tell this is incorrect.  Dallas has 28 wins in 3 years, Pats have 35, Chiefs have 31, Steelers have 31, I stopped counting there.  

Second, who cares?  Zero playoff wins.

Hmm... The tweet I read was that Dak was the second winningest QB behind Brady the last 3 years. Maybe I will dig a bit deeper when I am not working. 

Secondly, you suck at describing things.

"At Best" means at the peak. Not what he is 95% of the time. Thats not "at best" thats "at normal". 

The weakness of the Rams and Chiefs offense is their running game. Is that a weakness? Or is it just weaker than their passing game? Something being "weaker" doesnt make it "weak". Especially not "very suspect". 

The league isnt dominated by RBs drafted in the mid rounds. Its the first time in 15 years that 1st round RBs are making a comeback. 

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Hmm... The tweet I read was that Dak was the second winningest QB behind Brady the last 3 years. Maybe I will dig a bit deeper when I am not working. 

I did up-to-date 2018, then full 2017 & 2016.  Unless Dak didn't start a game (which I don't think he's missed any) or they went into 2015 to make it 3 x 16 games.  I didn't check 2015.

edit - I just realized Dak was drafted in 2016, so 2015 doesn't matter.

Edited by MKnight82

24 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I'm looking forward to when Dallas blows this division and Matts spends the next 3 months hanging out in Reddit again.....

Enjoyed the 6 month disappearance more. Of course we we're celebrating a SB ring at the time but by far the Cherry on top from that victory. 🍺

I hate having to take medication do to His Flair ups. Stay dormant damnit!

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, Daimonas said:
3 hours ago, RBreezy said:

Dallas beats three mediocre and injury-riddled teams and all of a sudden they’re a playoff contender/well-run team.

I mean, they do have the love child of Steve Young and Tom Brady on it. 

Exactly! It's hilarious the difference from 3 weeks ago and today. Hilarious!

As long as it results in a Dak/Garrett extension I'm all for it!.

Edited by Nabbs4u

12 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Whats even more funny about this, the *EAGLES* were the other team looking into Foster. But that would then be your second woman beater on your team, right? 

Maybe from now on we should link the Eagles to players who have recently been arrested. 

Someone has to take the mantle from Dallas, right?

who's the first?

The eagles always do their due diligence, after the first incident which turned up to be all lies it makes sense to ask the cops.
They made their choice obviously