🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

21 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Why do you say that? I think its a good match up. Their biggest strength is our biggest strength. But theyve been trash on the road this year.

Mobile QB, Russell is probably the best at extending plays and evading pressure. Will mitigate the strength of your Dline/front 7..which is your best asset.

Not an impossible matchup by any stretch, but he's not Brees or Goff just sitting back there taking it.

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Why do you say that? I think its a good match up. Their biggest strength is our biggest strength. But theyve been trash on the road this year.

You're facing probably the 2nd best QB in the NFC Playoffs, (even better the FHOF Nick Foles).  Yes better then Goff. His ability to avoid the rush, scramble should negate "most" not all of the front 7 pass rush.

They've already beaten you this year. Back when they weren't rushing for almost 200 a week as the #1 rushing offense. Not playing great defense and learning to gel.

Now I Never said impossible  but I want no part of Wilson right now. 

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Mobile QB, Russell is probably the best at extending plays and evading pressure. Will mitigate the strength of your Dline/front 7..which is your best asset.

Not an impossible matchup by any stretch, but he's not Brees or Goff just sitting back there taking it.

38 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You're facing probably the 2nd best QB in the NFC Playoffs, (even better the FHOF Nick Foles).  Yes better then Goff. His ability to avoid the rush, scramble should negate "most" not all of the front 7 pass rush.

They've already beaten you this year. Back when they weren't rushing for almost 200 a week as the #1 rushing offense. Not playing great defense and learning to gel.

Now I Never said impossible  but I want no part of Wilson right now. 

Our pass rush is pretty much entirely done with the standard front 4 and no blitzes though. Which means we will be able to focus on their run game. Thats what I meant about strength (their run game) vs strength (our front 7). I agree Wilson is a really great QB. And they did beat us, barely, in Seattle, with no Amari Cooper. And they had ET3 who had 2 INTs against us.... who is no longer there. 

Every time Turn on NFLN, all I see is Dak’s toad face on a million crappy commercials. Who knew all you had to do was win literally nothing and be painfully average at your job to get so many endorsements? 

Edited by EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Every time Turn on NFLN, all I see is Dak’s toad face on a million crappy commercials. Who knew all you had to do was win literally nothing and be painfully average at your job to get so many endorsements? 

It’s just the cowboy exposure. There are like 8 former Cowboy’s commentating or doing some sort of analysis. Hell, they handed over the MNF job to Witten knowing he has less hair than broadcast experience. How do you explain that? 

In August I made a prediction. I said the Cowboys would win 9 games (+/-2 based on injury) and that the Eagles shouldnt be viewed as a lock for the division. You all lambasted me. The amount of vitriol led to me calling you a bunch of bad names I shouldnt have. 

I also said we would be led by our defense. I explained how I was sure we would be top 10. You all ( @Nabbs4u in particular) told me I was a moron to think that based on training camp and preseason. 

In fact, the only 2 huge misses I can remember is I claimed the Skins would win the division a few years ago and that we would be a contender last year. 

I have all these "I told you so" vouchers that I would like to now cash in for a playoff win. 

So pay up. 

PS - I dont see you guys beating the bears, but I kinda hope you do. There is no part of me that wants to go to NOLA. I 100% want to go to the Rams if we win.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

In August I made a prediction. I said the Cowboys would win 9 games (+/-2 based on injury) and that the Eagles shouldnt be viewed as a lock for the division. You all lambasted me. The amount of vitriol led to me calling you a bunch of bad names I shouldnt have. 

I also said we would be led by our defense. I explained how I was sure we would be top 10. You all ( @Nabbs4u in particular) told me I was a moron to think that based on training camp and preseason. 

In fact, the only 2 huge misses I can remember is I claimed the Skins would win the division a few years ago and that we would be a contender last year. 

I have all these "I told you so" vouchers that I would like to now cash in for a playoff win. 

So pay up. 

PS - I dont see you guys beating the bears, but I kinda hope you do. There is no part of me that wants to go to NOLA. I 100% want to go to the Rams if we win.

Congrats you said the cowboys would be between 7-11 wins. That’s only half the league. Really going out on a limb. It’s like saying you either think your team is going to win 0-6 wins, 7-11 wins or 12-16 wins and going middle of the road. Most every fan would say middle of the road. All this means nothing after Saturday though. When the Seahawks win you’ll be back in your vacation house on reddit. 

5 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Congrats you said the cowboys would be between 7-11 wins. That’s only half the league. Really going out on a limb. It’s like saying you either think your team is going to win 0-6 wins, 7-11 wins or 12-16 wins and going middle of the road. Most every fan would say middle of the road. All this means nothing after Saturday though. When the Seahawks win you’ll be back in your vacation house on reddit. 

You are being dumb. I was 1 off of my prediction. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

You are being dumb. I was 1 off of my prediction. 

lol you said 9. And then gave yourself a 4 game buffer. Jeez, save some predictions for the rest of us Nostradamus. You would have been 50% right for the rest of the league as well. Nice call and all, but to come back here and pound your chest like it was impressive is silly. 

10 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

lol you said 9. And then gave yourself a 4 game buffer. Jeez, save some predictions for the rest of us Nostradamus. You would have been 50% right for the rest of the league as well. Nice call and all, but to come back here and pound your chest like it was impressive is silly. 

So you just want to be dumb? 

My prediction was 9 wins. I gave my thoughts on how injuries could effect that. 

I can draw it in crayon if its too hard for you.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

So you just want to be dumb? 

My prediction was 9 wins. I gave my thoughts on how injuries could effect that. 

I can draw it in crayon if its too hard for you.

I can draw it in crayon that your prediction wasn’t earth shattering enough to come gloat about it, if it’s too hard for you. 

How many times would you have been right if you made the same proclamation for the last 15 years? 10? It wasn’t impressive, stop. 

“Guys! Guys!  I bet the cowboys will be about average this year! Maybe even slightly better! Maybe slightly worse!”

woa...

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

I can draw it in crayon that your prediction wasn’t earth shattering enough to come gloat about it, if it’s too hard for you. 

How many times would you have been right if you made the same proclamation for the last 15 years? 10? It wasn’t impressive, stop. 

“Guys! Guys!  I bet the cowboys will be about average this year! Maybe even slightly better! Maybe slightly worse!”

woa...

So you do need me to draw it in crayon how I predicted the Cowboys at 9 (ended up 10), the Eagles not winning the division and our defense being awesome came correct?

One wonders how you are literate enough to read this post.