πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

28 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I can confirm we read nothing you writeΒ 

How did you know to say that? Boom, roasted.

18 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

You say this with literally no data to back it up. Hurts and Siranni are complete unknowns.

Unknown does not equal worst.Β 

True. Unproven does not mean worst. But it is fair to say they have the most to prove, right?

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Does it matter?Β  Are there any examples in modern NFL history where a division rival has traded back to let their rival get a potential franchise QB in the high first round?

I doubt it.

The Cowboys FO seemed to be obsessed with the DBs. Once they were gone I do think we would have moved back for the right price.Β 

36 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

How did you know to say that? Boom, roasted.

True. Unproven does not mean worst. But it is fair to say they have the most to prove, right?

Completely fair. But just to call them outright β€œthe worst” is just lazyΒ 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Classic FF commentΒ 

PFF doesn’t like who I like

β€œPFF is trash”

PFF supports my narrativeΒ 

β€œMy source for my argument is PFF”

Β 

Name anyΒ legitimate ranking source, and I will show you the Eagles at or near the bottom.
Β 

Bottom 6 team in Super Bowl odds as well.Β 

13 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Name anyΒ legitimate ranking source, and I will show you the Eagles at or near the bottom.
Β 

Yes because of the unknown of many major pieces- which is fair when you are looking to rank people based off information you have right at this moment.

But in truth, there is a massive range of outcomes given all of the unknowns. That is the point.Β 
Β 

But to be there pounding your chest that you definitively have a better QB because you have a 100 year old journeymanΒ that can’t keep a job for a whole season is a weird flex.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Β 

What you should look into is pff pre season roster rankings, and whatever other outlets rankings,Β and see how they held up for pastΒ upcoming seasons. Not saying they're inaccurate. Just saying that'dΒ provide more merit to these rankings and using them in an argument.Β 

Dallas Goedert, Lane Johnson, Jason Kelce, Brandon Brooks, Fletcher Cox, B Graham, Slay, Anthony Harris. That's 8 potential pro bowlers out of 22 possible starters.
Steve Nelson, Mailata, and Miles Sanders are solid/potentially above average starters.
DeVontaΒ assumedly should be a solid starter. Sweat could be a solid/potentially above averageΒ starter. Barnett is solid.Β Isaac is an ok LG when the LT next to him plays well. Singleton gives us one decent LB. That 15 our of 22 starters that are at least Ok/Solid or better, along with our 3rd pass rusher.
Maddox stinks.Β #2 and #3Β LB stinks. SS probably stinks. WR outside of DeVonta probably stinks, but maybe Quez and Reagor are ok/solid. QB, we'll see, but Hurts is probably below average or just ok at best.Β 

I think we're arguably the most talented team in the division as far as potential pro bowlers, but the mediaΒ isn't expecting our OL to stay healthy or Hurts to look at least average (hey, neither am I). Most people will alsoΒ discount DeVonta until he proves 167 lbs isn't a problem in the NFL. Ultimately, the OL's health will likely determine if we finish 4th or 1st in this skidmark division of sub .500 teams. If it's musical chairs at OL, Hurts is going to look terrible and so will the Eagles as a whole.

If Lane Johnson/Brandon Brooks/Jason Kelce/Mailata play 15 games, the Eagles will win the NFCE, and Hurts will look at least average (25ish total td's/3700ish total yards/less than 15 total turnovers). That's an unlikely IF (you have to assume at least 1 of them, probably Lane or Brooks, is going to miss some games), but stranger things have happened.

Regardless of how bad or good we are, no team is "screwed for the next decade". Teams can get screwed for maybe 3 years if they make multiple bad contract decisions, but pretty much any team can reverse their fortunes with 2 good drafts, 1 or 2 pro bowlers via free agency, and another 2 or 3 solid starters via FA. We're going to have some decent turnover along the OL as we move on from Lane/Brooks/Kelce, but that doesn't mean we won't adequately replace them.

Edited by Jeezla