🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I am going to keep saying it because none of you want to listen. 

We are going to end up with about ~50%+ defensive roster turnover + another 4 new coaches. Of that ~50% roster turnover, it includes the highest rated defensive player in the draft, the #1 run stopping DT in the NFL last year, a probowl saftey and an NFL-INT leader (along with hooker).  

Im not even saying we will be good. I am just saying you guys dont actually have any clue whatsoever how bad we will be. You are running off prayers that we will be just as bad as last year. Just like I am running on prayers that it wont. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stating it another way - if you look at the projected starters in 2020 vs the starters in 2021 - here is the overlap:

1. DLaw

2. LVE

3. T Diggs

4. D Wilson 

5. A Brown (maybe)

Thats pretty much it. Guys like Jaylon Smith and Jordan Lewis are still here, but it appears theyve lost their job to someone more talented.

So you think you have a top 5 roster?

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

So you think you have a top 5 roster?

Absolutely not. And I never implied that. Not even close. Here, let me requote myself:

Im not even saying we will be good. I am just saying you guys dont actually have any clue whatsoever how bad we will be. You are running off prayers that we will be just as bad as last year. Just like I am running on prayers that it wont. 

My stance with the Cowboys defense is essentially the same as Eagles fans with Jalen Hurts. What did @EaglesPeteC say? Something like "unproven =/= worst. Its lazy to say that". 

By Eagles fans logic, yall are being pretty lazy when it comes to vilifying our defense. Make them at least earn your ire by getting the ish kicked out of them in 2 weeks. 

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I still think this is the wosrt way of ranking because it doesnt speak to the skill-gap, nor positional value gap, at each spot.

IE - If all teams ended up with similar rushing production, would it really matter which RB is listed #1 vs #4 in this ranking? Probably not. 

Might want to rethink this stance. We are top 10 in wins for the past decade, and top 5 in wins the past 15 years. People who dont hate us understand that we do consistently put a competitive product on the field just like you.

I am going to keep saying it because none of you want to listen. 

We are going to end up with about ~50%+ defensive roster turnover + another 4 new coaches. Of that ~50% roster turnover, it includes the highest rated defensive player in the draft, the #1 run stopping DT in the NFL last year, a probowl saftey and an NFL-INT leader (along with hooker).  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stating it another way - if you look at the projected starters in 2020 vs the starters in 2021 - here is the overlap:

1. DLaw

2. LVE

3. T Diggs

4. D Wilson 

5. A Brown (maybe)

Thats pretty much it. Guys like Jaylon Smith and Jordan Lewis are still here, but it appears theyve lost their job to someone more talented.

What about playoff wins?

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Absolutely not. And I never implied that. Not even close. Here, let me requote myself:

My stance with the Cowboys defense is essentially the same as Eagles fans with Jalen Hurts. What did @EaglesPeteC say? Something like "unproven =/= worst. Its lazy to say that". 

By Eagles fans logic, yall are being pretty lazy when it comes to vilifying our defense. Make them at least earn your ire by getting the ish kicked out of them in 2 weeks. 

You literally quoted my post saying ESPN is overrating Dallas by having them listed as a top 5 roster. My main reasoning behind that was citing your DL and DBs. You responded to that post like I was saying something completely wrong. I have no idea what your point is.

4 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

What about playoff wins?

You know the answer to that. 

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You literally quoted my post saying ESPN is overrating Dallas by having them listed as a top 5 roster. My main reasoning behind that was citing your DL and DBs. You responded to that post like I was saying something completely wrong. I have no idea what your point is.

You didnt understand the point? 

The point was that we have no clue how bad the Cowboys defense is.

Same page now homie? 

24 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Not as lazy as stealing my quotes 

42 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You know the answer to that. 

You didnt understand the point? 

The point was that we have no clue how bad the Cowboys defense is.

Same page now homie? 

I never said how "bad" I think the Cowboys defense is going to be? At least not in this post. I literally just said you don't have a top 5 roster and referred to the weakest part of your team(on paper) as to why. You're making mountains out of molehills.

Sure you wanna say we don't know what the Cowboys defense is or isn't? I'd agree. I definitely don't look at it as anything close to a top unit, and I definitely don't think its good enough to put them anywhere close to top 5 in the league. That said it could be an improved unit.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

48 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

1752147489_ScreenShot2021-08-24at8_56_31

1490849900_ScreenShot2021-08-24at8_58_52

Belichick was 2nd behind Roseman.

This just sounds like agents not liking Howie cause he always has stuff up his sleeve and isn't easy to get a read on. Howie should be criticized for his pretty terrible draft history. Don't really care about whether agents feel like they can trust him. He doesn't work for them.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Whats this from? What was said about Dak and Jerry?

The Athletic.  I don't have access.  Just something I grabbed from another forum.

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Belichick was 2nd behind Roseman.

This just sounds like agents not liking Howie cause he always has stuff up his sleeve and isn't easy to get a read on. Howie should be criticized for his pretty terrible draft history. Don't really care about whether agents feel like they can trust him. He doesn't work for them.

I definitely think it can have an impact when it comes to free agency.  And I wouldn't be surprised if GMs/Presidents of other teams felt the same way, which can impact trades. 

As Washington fans, for years we saw the impact of having the least trusted President in the league.  It wasn't pretty.

Ranking every NFL team's position group from 1-32 for the 2021 season:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/32015903/ranking-every-nfl-team-position-group-1-32-2021-season-top-qb-wr-cb-units-more

OVERALL

RANK TEAM RANK TEAM
1 TB 17 LAC
2 GB 18 NE
3 CLE 19 NO
4 BAL 20 IND
5 DAL 21 NYG
6 MIN 22 LV
7 TEN 23 CIN
8 SEA 24 MIA
9 ARI 25 PHI
10 BUF 26 ATL
11 KC 27 JAX
12 PIT 28 CHI
13 WSH 29 DET
14 LAR 30 CAR
15 SF 31 NYJ
16 DEN 32 HOU

CORNERBACK UNITS

RANK TEAM RANK TEAM
1 BAL 17 HOU
2 DEN 18 LV
3 MIA 19 CIN
4 NE 20 CAR
5 LAR 21 TEN
6 CLE 22 LAC
7 NYG 23 ARI
8 WSH 24 NO
9 IND 25 KC
10 GB 26 PIT
11 MIN 27 ATL
12 BUF 28 DAL
13 TB 29 DET
14 PHI 30 CHI
15 JAX 31 SEA
16 SF 32 NYJ

EDGE RUSHER UNITS

RANK TEAM RANK TEAM
1 CLE 17 LV
2 SF 18 TEN
3 PIT 19 NE
4 WSH 20 CIN
5 DEN 21 JAX
6 NO 22 SEA
7 GB 23 BUF
8 CHI 24 BAL
9 TB 25 MIA
10 DAL 26 LAR
11 LAC 27 HOU
12 PHI 28 IND
13 ARI 29 KC
14 CAR 30 NYG
15 DET 31 NYJ
16 MIN 32 ATL

INTERIOR DEFENSIVE LINE UNITS

RANK TEAM RANK TEAM
1 PIT 17 GB
2 LAR 18 DEN
3 NYG 19 CIN
4 WSH 20 NE
5 BAL 21 CAR
6 KC 22 LV
7 MIN 23 LAC
8 IND 24 SEA
9 ARI 25 DET
10 TB 26 CLE
11 PHI 27 BUF
12 CHI 28 SF
13 NYJ 29 JAX
14 ATL 30 NO
15 MIA 31 HOU
16 TEN 32 DAL

34 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I definitely think it can have an impact when it comes to free agency.

Maybe, but I don’t think it really has. Howie has done his best work in FA.

35 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

And I wouldn't be surprised if GMs/Presidents of other teams felt the same way, which can impact trades. 

Howie does the most trades in the league or close to it.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Maybe, but I don’t think it really has. Howie has done his best work in FA.

Howie does the most trades in the league or close to it.

I'm talking about how the league views him going forward due to past actions.  Maybe perceptions of him have changed from how he was viewed a few years ago to how he is viewed today.  Maybe not.  I think it was an interesting poll regardless.