9 ARI 25 PHI
10 BUF 26 ATL
11 KC 27 JAX
12 PIT 28 CHI
13 WSH 29 DET
14 LAR 30 CAR
15 SF 31 NYJ
16 DEN 32 HOU

I think 25th is cool/fair… it’s more when they rank us 30th or so I feel it’s a little disrespectful of the veterans on this team. Now whether they’ll stay healthy is another story, but on paper we shouldn’t be bottom 2 or 3 talent wise.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think 25th is cool/fair… it’s more when they rank us 30th or so I feel it’s a little disrespectful of the veterans on this team. Now whether they’ll stay healthy is another story, but on paper we should be bottom 2 or 3 talent wise.

Wait.  On paper, you should be bottom 2 or 3 talent wise, but it's disrespectful if someone ranks you bottom 2 or 3?

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I'm talking about how the league views him going forward due to past actions.

Not sure what past actions you’re speaking of.

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Maybe perceptions of him have changed from how he was viewed a few years ago to how he is viewed today.  Maybe not.  I think it was an interesting poll regardless. 

Who knows? I do think it’s funny that agents are talking like they don’t have ulterior motives all the time and aren’t showing their hand in complete honest when working with NFL front offices. It’s like the pot calling the kettle black. 

I don’t doubt Howie is always scheming though. There is a reason he’s always involved in trade discussions for guys even if he doesn’t pull the trigger. It didn’t surprise me one bit that he’s keeping close tabs on Deshaun Watson. Howie is like that rat you can’t get rid of. He’s on his 4th head coach now. Not sure any other GM in recent memory has done that lol.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not sure what past actions you’re speaking of.

Who knows? I do think it’s funny that agents are talking like they don’t have ulterior motives all the time and aren’t showing their hand in complete honest when working with NFL front offices. It’s like the pot calling the kettle black. 

I don’t doubt Howie is always scheming though. There is a reason he’s always involved in trade discussions for guys even if he doesn’t pull the trigger. It didn’t surprise me one bit that he’s keeping close tabs on Deshaun Watson. Howie is like that rat you can’t get rid of. He’s on his 4th head coach now. Not sure any other GM in recent memory has done that lol.

I'm referring to the actions those agents mentioned.  Fair point about the hypocrisy, but it's still a little concerning when you receive the most votes out of 32 options.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Yeah, no dice. The thing that used to work (outline.com) doesnt for that site. 

Good. Pay for it. You can find discounts to get 50 percent off and the writers do good work. It’s worth it alone for Brugler’s draft guide. I used to pay for it before he joined The Athletic. 

It’s very over the top, but gotta give up to Jerry for pumping money into this place.

I’ve thought for the last bunch of years that I’m surprised Lurie kinda gets a pass for talking up the Facilities so much still. The Novacare really isn’t all that great, they don’t even have a full field in the bubble.

Would be nice to see an expansion at some point to stay up to date.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The Star is absolutely insane. No one can doubt Jerry is willing to throw $$ at trying to get better.

Meanwhile the Eagles only have a bubble that houses just a 60 yard field and can't even get a lot of work done in there when they have to use it cause of inclement weather.

I remember they were saying on an Eagles podcast recently when they had to use it on Sunday due to potential rain which canceled the public practice at the Linc how small it was in comparison to say the Giants bubble which is a full football field with room to spare. They also were talking up the Jets facilities (where we held joint practice) in a podcast today.

Lurie does some good with foundations and stuff like the Autism thing they just did and he's tried to be involved with his players like when he was supporting Malcolm Jenkins with the social justice stuff.

But, I definitely don't think he puts in nearly as much money towards the facilities and what not that other owners do.

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

Too bad they can't buy success.

Real question though. Is it purely from Jerry Jones and the org? Free of taxpayer contribution? If so then I will tip my cap and say good on him.

Nah

The Cowboys facility represents the first phase of "The Star in Frisco" complex, a $1.5 billion mixed-use development that will also be home to an Omni Hotel, a sports medicine center and more than 200,000 square feet of restaurants and retail stores.

The innovative public-private partnership represents a $115 million investment by the city, its economic and community development arms, and the school district towards building the 25 acres that's now home to the Cowboys’ training site and world headquarters. Frisco and the school district used tax increment finance districts to generate the public funds. The Dallas Cowboys paid for all costs over the public funds to build The Ford Center, which is owned by the city but managed and operated by the Cowboys organization. The additional 66 acres of The Star will be privately developed by the Dallas Cowboys.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Too bad they can't buy success.

Real question though. Is it purely from Jerry Jones and the org? Free of taxpayer contribution? If so then I will tip my cap and say good on him.

Every dollar that went to the original stadium (from bonds) was on pace to be paid off 20 years early until the city refinanced for the baseball stadium.

The smartest thing Arlington has ever done is make concessions for the stadium. Most fans are extremely biased against it because they are confused and think it hurts the community. It absolutely doesnt. 

Meanwhile the Eagles only have a bubble that houses just a 60 yard field and can't even get a lot of work done in there when they have to use it cause of inclement weather.

Dak literally built that in his backyard due to covid. 

I remember they were saying on an Eagles podcast recently when they had to use it on Sunday due to potential rain which canceled the public practice at the Linc how small it was in comparison to say the Giants bubble which is a full football field with room to spare. They also were talking up the Jets facilities (where we held joint practice) in a podcast today.

Lurie does some good with foundations and stuff like the Autism thing they just did and he's tried to be involved with his players like when he was supporting Malcolm Jenkins with the social justice stuff.

But, I definitely don't think he puts in nearly as much money towards the facilities and what not that other owners do.

Is it a real estate thing? As in no where to house a bigger facility?