πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak literally built that in his backyard due to covid.Β 

Yeah, I saw his. Baker has an even bigger one that is indoor that they were calling Camp Mayfield that he invited all his skill players to come work out at.

It's down in Texas too which is where Baker is from.Β 

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I saw his. Baker has an even bigger one that is indoor that they were calling Camp Mayfield that he invited all his skill players to come work out at.

It's down in Texas too which is where Baker is from.Β 

Yeah, Baker, like Foles, is from Austin.Β 

Β 

I wonder where his is at?Β 

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Is it a real estate thing? As in no where to house a bigger facility?Β 

It might be. Someone from the Philly area might be able to answer

Real Estate is always tough, but especially being in South Philly. So packed in down there. It’s not cheap anywhere in the city to buy that they’d want to put it.Β Long term I’d imagine they will build a larger one in South Jersey like most of the other teams do. Like a lot of the players live in South Jersey because it’s just easier to take the bridge to get to the complex than it is to go through the city.

d5lU3j8.jpg

There are two like decent size lots that they could expand over into, however I believe the city owns those for FDR park. They might be able to get the lot closest to the Novacare, but they might need to build a parking 2-3 tier garage on the remaining lot for the city. If they did it’d probably have to be one of the like pretty greener ones too.

Xcpfqkd.jpg

So unless they are fine shaving off some parking from the sports complex parking for FDR Park, it probably can’t be done without that lot.

L30uWM0.jpg
Β 

All the lots around the stadiumsΒ will stay, there is space to the eastΒ but they’d have to buy a lot of people out.

There are probably some partial community things they could do like the Cowboys but it would never be as big unless they buy out a lot of people or just build it outside the city.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Real Estate is always tough, but especially being in South Philly. So packed in down there. It’s not cheap anywhere in the city to buy that they’d want to put it.Β Long term I’d imagine they will build a larger one in South Jersey like most of the other teams do. Like a lot of the players live in South Jersey because it’s just easier to take the bridge to get to the complex than it is to go through the city.

d5lU3j8.jpg

There are two like decent size lots that they could expand over into, however I believe the city owns those for FDR park. They might be able to get the lot closest to the Novacare, but they might need to build a parking 2-3 tier garage on the remaining lot for the city. If they did it’d probably have to be one of the like pretty greener ones too.

Xcpfqkd.jpg

So unless they are fine shaving off some parking from the sports complex parking, it probably can’t be done without that lot.

L30uWM0.jpg
Β 

All the lots around the stadiumsΒ will stay, there is space to the eastΒ but they’d have to buy a lot of people out.

There are probably some partial community things they could do like the Cowboys but it would never be as big unless they buy out a lot of people or just build it outside the city.

Good post. Makes sense. I figured Philly would probably be hard to do anything of decent scale, but maybe they’ll do South Jersey eventually. Would be nice for the players to have better facilities. A decent amount of pro teams trail behind power house colleges and we are probably one of them. Obviously NFL teams have smaller rosters, but still.Β 

Also, I’m a child, so at the bottom of the first and second (below the light green highlighted area)Β pictures all I could think was….

thats a penis GIF

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Good post. Makes sense. I figured Philly would probably be hard to do anything of decent scale, but maybe they’ll do South Jersey eventually. Would be nice for the players to have better facilities. A decent amount of pro teams trail behind power house colleges and we are probably one of them. Obviously NFL teams have smaller rosters, but still.Β 

Also, I’m a child, so at the bottom of the first and second (below the light green highlighted area)Β pictures all I could think was….

thats a penis GIF

I’m sure they will, just less of a headache.

20 years ago I’m sure they were great, but they definitely are showing their age. It can’t be too much a step down for guys if you want to attract people. You are 100% right with how crazy some of those college facilities get. Even the somewhat more modest ones are just cooler.

My mans all head, no bits

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 2:48 PM, Matts4313 said:

Whats this from? What was said about Dak and Jerry?

β€œ1. What was the most interesting or surprising decision of the offseason?

TheΒ Cowboys’ signing quarterback Dak Prescott to a four-year, $160 million contract as he’s coming off a broken right ankle (four votes)”

β€œDak stands out because of the legwork that it took to get there and the fact that the Cowboys were willing to give him that without a franchise or transition tag and basically let him hold them hostage four years from now. From a team standpoint, it doesn’t make a lot of sense.”

β€’Β β€œHis extension getting done was the most significant contract by far. There was so much criticism over the last couple of years. β€˜Why isn’t Dak getting this done? Why aren’t the Cowboys getting this deal done?’ So, to see it come together β€” and the average per year was really impressive as well as the guarantees especially coming off the ankle injury. They are showing the faith and trust they have in him as a player. It’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out.”

β€’Β β€œSigning Dak to that money coming off that serious of an injury, and for that short of a duration, that was a surprise, but good for (agents representing other starting quarterbacks).”

They genuinely don’t mention Jerry Jones’s name in the entire thing, despite leading with it.

• Like 1

Never mind, there was a part II that led with Jerry.

1. What’s your sense of the Cowboys’ organization and management under Jerry Jones now that it’s been 25 years since they won the Super Bowl?

β€’Β β€œThe best ownership group in sports. Worst head coach in sports. Anything that begins and ends with mismanagement talk begins with who they hired as head coach. But nobody treats their players like them, has the facilities like them, is willing to spend the money to make sure everyone is the happiest. Nobody markets their organization better. …

β€œThey’re on a different plane when it comes to the business of football. They don’t win (big), but they don’t have to. There will be 100,000 people at every game. They will still make money all day long. They just crush it. He’s the best and worst (owner) at the same time, but when have you ever met a player who didn’t want to play for Dallas? I’ve had players leave for other teams and then become miserable. Football is tertiary to theΒ Dallas CowboysΒ organization. It’s the business of football, not the game of football. His biggest issue is he loves to be loved.”

β€’Β β€œThey will always have good players because players want to play there for reasons like no state taxes, but there are too many players there for the wrong reasons. There’s a high floor with the Cowboys, but it’s close to the ceiling.”

β€’Β β€œI like Jerry’s approach. If I’m cutting the checks, I’m having a say in what’s happening. He’s a football guy so it’s hard to say, β€˜I’m not involved day to day.’ I don’t know about some of the decisions like payingΒ DakΒ (Prescott). Now, 25 years is a long time, but look at the Milwaukee Bucks. Just takes one year. Anything is possible.”

β€’Β β€œ(VP of player personnel) Will McClay does a good job and does a lot of the day-to-day work over there. It’s just hard to win in this league, but they’re in a good position roster-wise. They should be able to score with anyone. Get the defense decent and they have a window. Jerry weighs in a lot, but Stephen (Jones, the team’s executive VP and Jerry’s son) and Will make the calls on the roster.”

β€’Β β€œJerry is in charge and makes the ultimate decisions. … That makes it hard for a head coach to stand in front of a team and claim ultimate command when everyone knows he doesn’t have it.”

β€’Β β€œJerry is a very, very interesting person. Respect the way he treats people. He puts winning and players first, do what it takes to win. Believes you win with players, so he takes care of them. That they haven’t won a Super Bowl lately, oh well, lots of teams haven’t. I have great respect for them.”

β€’Β β€œJerry needs to get his *** out of the way. He’s a narcissist. He’s also a great businessman. Stay in your lane. He plays GM like a fan.”

β€’Β β€œThe biggest problem for Jerry is he always has to be relevant and they haven’t been. They’re just another team right now. With that coaching staff, they’re a .500 team. Jerry hasn’t been so bad, but he’s been a very middle-of-the-pack owner who has done more than harm good in the long haul.”

β€’Β β€œJerry Jones is Jerry Jones. If you asked most fans around the world to name an NFL owner, I’d bet my life Jerry gets picked the most. Without him, this league isn’t what it is. Maybe it’s been 25 years since they won a Super Bowl, but we’re still talking about them all the time. Dallas is the best organization in the league. I have so much respect for what they have built.”

β€’Β β€œJerry Jones is like Al Davis. He’s calling the shots whether you agree with them or not. Consider this: If Dallas had a GM for 25 years and they never won a Super Bowl during that time, would that guy still be Jerry’s GM? Come on.”

β€’Β β€œI think Jerry is a dream for an agent. I’ve seen how important ownership is, and the No. 1 thing is the willingness to do whatever it takes to be a contender. He’s willing to go spend and overspend to be competitive. Maybe they don’t win a Super Bowl, but he is trying to win and I don’t think you can say that about half the ownership in the league.

β€œMike McCarthy doesn’t make sense to me, but he is a Super Bowl-winning coach. I think they built a solid foundation and Dallas is a contender, especially playing in the (NFC East). I’m a Jerry apologist, but what can people inside the organization complain about? He delegates more than people think he does, they have unbelievable facilities, and the players love him.”

[I’m usually not the type to post so much from an article, but it really is just a fraction of the entire thing, it’s a massive article]

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

All the meme-Jerry stuff (over bearing control freak) mixed with the 'inside' perception (he is a lovable goofball who will dump a brinks truck to win).Β 

I fully believe he’s more the good, caring owner but the quotes are like reading 6th graders who didn’t get picked to play kickball. β€œTo the Cowboys, football is tertiary to the business of football.” Then, β€œJerry is just about winning at all costs”. Like, wha? How do two people with inside knowledge get those two different impressions?Β 

• Like 1