🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Maybe. This is absolutely a possibility, even a likely one. But as we have seen, "contract years" can also be incredible motivation. And its no secret that Jerry has Payton on speed dial. 

I think that is the issue. McCarthy knows that it is NFC Championship or bust. He doubt he will handle it well and the Cowboys have a happen of being bust the year after being successful. But we shall see.

I am fascinated about the NFC East. This upcoming season going to be interesting, especially with the Giants. I can really see them having a bounce back year.

Shocker. Jerry bumping up a Coordinators pay in hopes he stays while the HC remains a lame duck looking over his shoulder all year long. At least Jerry's consistent with his philosophy. 👍

Color me shocked.

Jason Garrett - Wade Phillips 

Kellen Moore - Jason Garrett /McCarthy 

Dan Quinn - Mike McCarthy 

49 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

He wanted the Denver job or the Bears job, both got filled. I suppose it’s a possibility he was going to get them and pull out, but I doubt it. Timing seems like he missed those and decided to just stay and spin it over the alternative of maybe getting one of the crappy jobs as a 2/3/4 choice.

I mean it wasn't announced until AFTER (or simultaneously with) those jobs were filled correct? So, makes sense.

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I mean it wasn't announced until AFTER (or simultaneously with) those jobs were filled correct? So, makes sense.

Yeah, he definitely wanted either Denver or Chicago which is understandable. He wanted to go to a big city with a big fanbase and try to turn the teams around. 

This is definitely very good for Dallas as their defense went from being horrible under him to pretty good. Obviously Parsons helped a lot, but most of the credit goes to Quinn for sure.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:
1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

He wanted the Denver job or the Bears job, both got filled. I suppose it’s a possibility he was going to get them and pull out, but I doubt it. Timing seems like he missed those and decided to just stay and spin it over the alternative of maybe getting one of the crappy jobs as a 2/3/4 choice.

I am pretty sure the only team he would have left us for was the Broncos. Especially if the rumors are true that Rodgers (and Adams) want to go to Denver. It has all the tools on defense for him to play with + the offense would be really good if they get the Packers players. 

44 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah I’m sure they decided like at least yesterday and were just finishing up stuff for the formal announcements today.

Don't begrudge him or anything, smart to spin it. But it’s spin nonetheless.

It’s great for the Cowboys, yeah they’ll probably revert to the mean as most defenses do. But he did great last year.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 11:24 AM, Jroc04 said:

Cowboys in for a long 2022. 

With how they currently are the best team in the division? I doubt it. 6-0 in the division won’t be too hard to repeat. Just gotta work to get over the hump. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

3 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

With how they currently are the best team in the division? I doubt it. 6-0 in the division won’t be too hard to repeat. Just gotta work to get over the hump. 

Cowboys are the least of my worries. I don't for a second think You/They/Dallas will break the nearly 2 decade trend of Non NFCE Division B2B Champions. 

It will undoubtedly be 1 of the other 3. GL 🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

You guys have some serious decisions to make about some key pieces. Money is going to be an issue. That OL goes, so does everything. Wouldn’t be far fetched to say the Cowboys window, currently constructed, is closed. Rebuild the D with Parsons, move on with Dak and Lamb and everything else can go. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

You guys have some serious decisions to make about some key pieces. Money is going to be an issue. That OL goes, so does everything. Wouldn’t be far fetched to say the Cowboys window, currently constructed, is closed. Rebuild the D with Parsons, move on with Dak and Lamb and everything else can go. 

Gregory and Gallup will go. Idk who else but those are two significant losses alone. Not to mention the inevitable regression to the mean. Leading the league in takeaways? Yeah good luck repeating that. Whole article on that on blogging the boys from pro-Cowboys writers.