πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Nah. Y'all are gonna regress hard this season. So many factors that point to it.

You have my attention. Open minded to it as well. But let me say before you give it to me - IΒ  am coming from a spot that I think the players we lose in FA will not be the major reason we would see regression. IF thats your main argument, I wanted to be upfront that I dont buy it. The only 2 FAs that I want to keep are RG and Kearse and they will both be cheapish - hopefully.Β 

Cowboys will 100% regress. They lived off turnovers last season. That said I do think the offense will improve from whatever got in their heads last season and it will balance out. They will probably continue to be in the 10+ win area and once again be one and done in the playoffs.

The Eagles have potential to also be a 10+ team but Hurts will need to show he is a more accurate passer. The running part of his game will be the focus of defenses and as we always see, it will likely be more maintained this year. That said they have the greatest chance, IMO, to win the division.

Giants are intriguing. I do feel their biggest issue was coaching. They very well could be worst to first material because honestly it doesn't take much. They have the talent for sure. Daniel Jones is not the answer but he is also not awful. And I won't be surprised if he has a decent season. They will still look elsewhere though.

Commanders (LOL) need a QB, OL, and WR help badly. But they were not far off. They played tough and most their games were very tight.Β 

It really can go either way but I could see 2 teams making the playoffs again. I feel this division is coming back.

Just now, Danger said:

He has deceptive straight line speed, but he has very little agility.

Please tell me you have picked up on the trolling comments. I dont really think DJ is the best runner, even though admittedly he is an annoyingly passable athlete.Β 

Β 

I will point out one thing tho - seriously not trolling - ability doesnt always equal utility. Carson was a much better athlete than Dak, but never as good a scrambler/runner.Β 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Wink and Daboll? WTF... Did the Giants just leapfrog the Eagles and Commies as most spooky? They suck at QB, but all of you do. Beyond that they do have some potential if they can get their trenches upgraded this offseason.Β 

Definitely off to a solid start

Will probably be able to help Danny Dimes by having some level of common sense easy passing game put in. But yeah until they get someone new it won’t mean too much.

Huge offseason for the division.

What EaglesΒ do with those picks and FA
What sort of team the Giants build
Who Washington gets at QB
Cowboys off to a solid start with keeping Quinn, what they do with guys leaving and what they can add back will be big.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Please tell me you have picked up on the trolling comments. I dont really think DJ is the best runner, even though admittedly he is an annoyingly passable athlete.Β 

Β 

I will point out one thing tho - seriously not trolling - ability doesnt always equal utility. Carson was a much better athlete than Dak, but never as good a scrambler/runner.Β 

Oh I know.Β 

As for the latter comment, Dak was better at pre-emptively moving in the pocket and putting himself in better positions, but Carson pulled more houdinis and just "what the hell??" moments.

30 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I see very few avenues for the Cowboys being better next season. Main argument is regression to the mean in several statistical categories. There was an article that outlined these categories over at blogging the boys.

Every team can be better the next season, unless you are this years Saints.

35 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I see very few avenues for the Cowboys being better next season. Main argument is regression to the mean in several statistical categories. There was an article that outlined these categories over at blogging the boys.

No one thought their defense would be anything this season either. They will regress but that doesn't mean they still can't improve in other ways. It will be able how they build on the defense but especially the DL and LB core. Their rookie and 2nd years were playing very well. Add more to that this draft while keeping someone like Randy and they have a nice unit that can continue to grow.Β 

I am more interestedΒ in seeing how Washington deals with their defense. They were a mess and they have way too much talent on there to have been all over the place like they were.Β 

Edited by ACO

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Β 

Carson pre injury was a very good scrambler, but after his injury every time he runs looks like those lizards that run on water.Β