πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

26 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Never assume that drafting a good CB prospect is the same as drafting a good CB. Most of them suck year 1. If Sauce Gardner wasn't an Eagle fan, I probably wouldn't want him until round 2 just because drafting CB in round 1 is so risky. Even if you have a potentially good one like Rasul Douglas, if they are in the wrong scheme for their particular skill set (like Rasul in Philly), they will probably stink.

I generally hate drafting CBs, I’m totally with you on that. Very difficult position to project. And I’m absolutely floored that Stingley spent so much time as an unquestioned top 5 pick in media mock drafts, given the fact that he’s barely played (and not that well) since 2019.Β 

It sounds like Sauce is going to be the top guy. If they get a CB named β€œSauce” and he turns out to be good, I’m going to be furious.

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I generally hate drafting CBs, I’m totally with you on that. Very difficult position to project. And I’m absolutely floored that Stingley spent so much time as an unquestioned top 5 pick in media mock drafts, given the fact that he’s barely played (and not that well) since 2019.Β 

It sounds like Sauce is going to be the top guy. If they get a CB named β€œSauce” and he turns out to be good, I’m going to be furious.

I think Sauce is CB1 as well, but Stingley is going to test really well and look really good in those hip-flip and footwork drills at the combine. I think Stingley and Booth are pretty similar.Β 

20 hours ago, Kiltman said:

It's wild how often they suck and never amount to anything.

Yet, taking one past the second round rarely will ever get you someone worth starting.

It's skewed because of how hard the position is, but there's such a need for better corners in the league.

I think recentΒ early drafted DBs have been quite good or showed a lot of potential. Horn was playing well until he got hurt. Surtain had a great rookie year. Terrell and Diggs improved year 2 (and their year 1 wasn't awful.) It is a big gamble but I wouldn't think twice on drafting a top draft prospect like a Hamilton or Stingley.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ACO said:

I think recentΒ early drafted DBs have been quite good or showed a lot of potential. Horn was playing well until he got hurt. Surtain had a great rookie year. Terrell and Diggs improved year 2 (and their year 1 wasn't awful.) It is a big gamble but I wouldn't think twice on drafting a top draft prospect like a Hamilton or Stingley.

Last year was a great year for them it looks like. This year has the potential for the same.

Go a year sooner and you get Okudah and Henderson top 10, bunch of others near the end of rd 1 that haven’t done much of anything.

I like a lot of guys this draft, would gladly take them too.

Just pointing out the propensity for them to fail and fail hard. The nature of CB makes it hard to cover up like other positions.Β 

On 2/18/2022 at 9:42 AM, Kiltman said:

Juandamentals evolvingΒ 

Andy making him DC was dumb, but people don't realize that he was a LB in college and started his coaching career as a defensive coach before coming to Philly and being a TE coach for a year before moving to the OL where he became a very good OL coach.

The Washington TEs will at least know how to block properly.