πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

His contract was literally built so that we could cut him starting this year.

The thing that just really gets me about this is the decision to go after Gallup instead of Cooper, when he's coming off an ACL and is a lesser receiver as a whole.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

The thing that just really gets me about this is the decision to go after Gallup instead of Cooper, when he's coming off an ACL and is a lesser receiver as a whole.

It only makes sense if Gallup is cheaper. Lets say ~60-70% of Cooper.Β 

That said, Lamb and Cooper had a lot of over lap in the routes they ran. Gallup was our deep threat.Β 

6 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Safe to say the Cowboys will be worse on paper going into '22 than most years in recent memory.

This is probably the 5th year in a row someone has said this from the Eagles forum. And most years, there we are, at the end of the year in contention for the division.Β 

We just need to go and draft a couple more Micah Parsons type caliber of player.Β 

Easy Peasy 😬

Edited by Matts4313

20 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is probably the 5th year in a row someone has said this from the Eagles forum. And most years, there we are, at the end of the year in contention for the division.Β 

We just need to go and draft a couple more Micah Parsons type caliber of player.Β 

Easy Peasy 😬

As you know, on paper vs on the field are two different things. Not saying you won't contend, not even close.Β At the same time, I'm not sure you've had this much projected roster turnover in the "Cowboys are really talented" era.

34 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I mean that isn't the flex you think it is considering our division.

Cowboys will still have a good amount of talent (most in the division still)Β and will be the favorites to win the division I'm sure, but I've thought for a while they are a candidate for some regression considering their off-season resources. You'll definitely have to hit on the early draft picks. Good thing for you guys Brady retired, so that first place schedule isn't as bad as it would've been.

Dak and Kellen didn't shine in the latter half of the year at all. I have faith in Dak getting back on track and he had a super tumultuous year to year and a half with all the rehab to get back from the injury. The close family members he lost. We'll see about Kellen redeeming himself.Β 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

49 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Safe to say the Cowboys will be worse on paper going into '22 than most years in recent memory.

Honestly Zeke was... incredibly replaceable last year, so moving on from him is only to their benefit at this point IMO.

I swear someone had a thing for "Records if the scores of all 1-score games were reveresed"

Eagles were #1 in the NFC, and Cowboys failed to make the playoffs. That means even a small regression could be more impactful.

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

I swear someone had a thing for "Records if the scores of all 1-score games were reveresed"

Eagles were #1 in the NFC, and Cowboys failed to make the playoffs. That means even a small regression could be more impactful.

Not to mention Dallas being so lopsided in the takeaway vs giveaway balance. That stuff can be earned but a lot of it is luck and right place right time.

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

Not to mention Dallas being so lopsided in the takeaway vs giveaway balance. That stuff can be earned but a lot of it is luck and right place right time.

In regards to the Cowboys, I'm sure a lot of it had to do with Parsons and Diggs. Parsons being in the backfield all the time, and Diggs who was an all or nothing Ballhawk CB.

30 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

As you know, on paper vs on the field are two different things. Not saying you won't contend, not even close.Β At the same time, I'm not sure you've had this much projected roster turnover in the "Cowboys are really talented" era.

I was just goofing with you, hence the comment about Parsons.

21 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean that isn't the flex you think it is considering our division.

Our division was only bad for 2 years. I dont know why people act like weve been crap for decades.Β 

21 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Cowboys will still have a good amount of talent (most in the division still)Β and will be the favorites to win the division I'm sure, but I've thought for a while they are a candidate for some regression considering their off-season resources. You'll definitely have to hit on the early draft picks. Good thing for you guys Brady retired, so that first place schedule isn't as bad as it would've been.

Dak and Kellen didn't shine in the latter half of the year at all. I have faith in Dak getting back on track and he had a super tumultuous year to year and a half with all the rehab to get back from the injury. The close family members he lost. We'll see about Kellen redeeming himself.Β 

We need our offensive line to not be terrible. At the halfway point we were #3 in the NFL by pass block win rate (which is *not* subjective). We ended the year #23. To drop 20 spots in 8 games means we were arguably the worst OL in the entire NFL. That is compounded by a playoff game where the 9ers only rushed 4, dropping 7 into coverage every play, and still got to Dak 48% of the time (worst in the playoffs).Β 

Β 

We had major major regression across the OL. And if we dont fix that, our offense is boned.Β 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I was just goofing with you, hence the comment about Parsons.

I kinda figured, but I still wanted to make the point.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Our division was only bad for 2 years. I dont know why people act like weve been crap for decades.Β 

For the most part the Eagles and Cowboys have been the only ones fairly consistent.

Giants have probably been the worst teams in the league since the last time they went to the playoffs.