πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

We need our offensive line to not be terrible. At the halfway point we were #3 in the NFL by pass block win rate (which is *not* subjective). We ended the year #23. To drop 20 spots in 8 games means we were arguably the worst OL in the entire NFL. That is compounded by a playoff game where the 9ers only rushed 4, dropping 7 into coverage every play, and still got to Dak 48% of the time (worst in the playoffs).Β 

Β 

We had major major regression across the OL. And if we dont fix that, our offense is boned.Β 

Funny thing is PFF had you guys as the #1 OL in the league.Β 

They definitely declined in the latter part of the season, but I don't think they were as bad as Cowboys fans made them out to be either. Tyron is gonna be difficult to stay healthy probably the rest of his career, but he's great when he's healthy. I think you guys can pretty easily get a really good interior OL to plug in for Connor Williams whether it be round 1 or 2 and the receiver depth with Cooper gone is good too.

16 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Funny thing is PFF had you guys as the #1 OL in the league.Β 

They definitely declined in the latter part of the season, but I don't think they were as bad as Cowboys fans made them out to be either. Tyron is gonna be difficult to stay healthy probably the rest of his career, but he's great when he's healthy. I think you guys can pretty easily get a really good interior OL to plug in for Connor Williams whether it be round 1 or 2 and the receiver depth with Cooper gone is good too.

The run blocking was pretty highly rated every where you look. Which makes Zeke being terrible extra disgusting. But pass blocking was horrific.Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

The run blocking was pretty highly rated every where you look. Which makes Zeke being terrible extra disgusting. But pass blocking was horrific.Β 

If Tyron could've stayed healthy at LT it would've been much better. I think that was a big part of it.

Steele moving to the left side hurt y'all. He's been much better at RT which is the opposite of Dillard.

But, yeah its a shame that Zeke basically dictates his touches and whether he's gonna come in or go out of the game. Tony Pollard definitely deserved more touches last year and I follow Cowboys content on YouTube and Twitter, so I saw the comments about it basically all year.

On 3/2/2022 at 8:02 PM, Kiltman said:

Shoot your shot kids

The poetic end is no one with more ammo trades for Watson and Washington gets him to finally solve their QB issue, and then he gets suspended.

Will be nice for them to have someone to finally raise the moral bar for the franchise.

Β 

On 3/4/2022 at 3:56 PM, EagleBlueDon said:

Safe to say the Cowboys will be worse on paper going into '22 than most years in recent memory.

Yepppp but I mean after FA and draft it can even out. Time will tell but I have a hard time seeing them winning 10+ games next year. I think this will be quite a drop off year.

On 3/4/2022 at 4:36 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Dak and Kellen didn't shine in the latter half of the year at all. I have faith in Dak getting back on track and he had a super tumultuous year to year and a half with all the rehab to get back from the injury. The close family members he lost. We'll see about Kellen redeeming himself.Β 

I have to agree. Dak's year was quite wild and I didn't really think about just how much he was dealing with. Not surprised it eventually took its toll when he got hurt again. All that said Dak did had a decent year. I just feel this is the Eagle's division to loseΒ this season. They, IMO, have it all in their favor. Commanders if they manageΒ to get a QB could leap them though.Β 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ACO said:

Yepppp but I mean after FA and draft it can even out. Time will tell but I have a hard time seeing them winning 10+ games next year. I think this will be quite a drop off year.

I think so too. They just have so many free agents that I can't foresee them bringing them all back, orΒ for their replacements to be just as good if not better is wishful thinking in my opinion. That defenseΒ maxedΒ out last year in terms of performance and success. Not many scenarios where I see a repeat of that. Now they're about to lose their WR1. Schultz and Wilson might not be back. Williams at guard too. Just a lot of potential turnover.

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:
3 hours ago, ACO said:

I think so too. They just have so many free agents that I can't foresee them bringing them all back, orΒ for their replacements to be just as good if not better is wishful thinking in my opinion. That defenseΒ maxedΒ out last year in terms of performance and success. Not many scenarios where I see a repeat of that. Now they're about to lose their WR1. Schultz and Wilson might not be back. Williams at guard too. Just a lot of potential turnover.

*IF* we can get Kearse and Gregory back, I will sig bet both you that we will have 10 or more wins. Ill give 2:1 odds on time the sig has to be up (IE 3 months for yall, 6 months for me).

I dont think we are losing nearly the talent you guys do.Β 

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

*IF* we can get Kearse and Gregory back, I will sig bet both you that we will have 10 or more wins. Ill give 2:1 odds on time the sig has to be up (IE 3 months for yall, 6 months for me).

I dont think we are losing nearly the talent you guys do.Β 

Sig bets should wait until after FA and the draft.

Cowboys can win 10 games. I have no real interest in that, but I'd do the same odds for division winner.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Sig bets should wait until after FA and the draft.

Cowboys can win 10 games. I have no real interest in that, but I'd do the same odds for division winner.

I no longer worry about the draft. The Cowboys have had like 1-2 'actual bad' drafts since 2010. Theyve earned my trust that we will at least walk away with 1 starter and 2-4 quality role players.Β 

Free Agency on the other hand is an entirely different beast. Were not so good in that arena. Kearse is one of our few grand slams, and I will be very upset if we lose him.Β Β 

3 hours ago, ACO said:

I have to agree. Dak's year was quite wild and I didn't really think about just how much he was dealing with. Not surprised it eventually took its toll when he got hurt again. All that said Dak did had a decent year. I just feel this is the Eagle's division to loseΒ this season. They, IMO, have it all in their favor. Commanders if they manageΒ to get a QB could leap them though.Β 

Are you a Cowboys fan? I honestly wasn't sure if you were Giants or Cowboys.

Don't think we've interacted much.

But, yeah I'm not a Dak hater. I've always given him his props and tried to tell it like it is for the most part.Β 

As far as the division I can't say at this moment that its the Eagles division to lose, but I definitely believe they can win it and knowing the history of the division that is probably exactly what will happen.Β 

Not counting out Washington if they get a QB. If they really did make a huge offer for Russell Wilson like was reported, then they are serious about upgrading, but I never thought they had a shot at guys like Rodgers and Wilson who have no trade clauses and would have to agree to going there. I've thought for a while that their type of next starter isΒ more like Carson Wentz, Jimmy G, or someone in the draft.Β 

Giants I believe in the least, but they put together what looks like a good coaching staff on paper and they got rid of Gettleman, so things are finally looking up lol.

49 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I no longer worry about the draft. The Cowboys have had like 1-2 'actual bad' drafts since 2010. Theyve earned my trust that we will at least walk away with 1 starter and 2-4 quality role players.Β 

Free Agency on the other hand is an entirely different beast. Were not so good in that arena. Kearse is one of our few grand slams, and I will be very upset if we lose him.Β Β 

Yeah. Kearse was a really nice signing by you guys last year. Something that isn't too common for Dallas.

But, yeah I'll likely take you up on a sig bet like that later on if you are still interested.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

Eagles division to lose seems like kind of a crazy statement considering Hurts is our QB and the Cowboys have Dak lol. I think we will be improved for sure, but even with the Cowboys downgrading they are still gunna be the favorites barring a big jump from Hurts next season.Β 

8 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Eagles division to lose seems like kind of a crazy statement considering Hurts is our QB and the Cowboys have Dak lol. I think we will be improved for sure, but even with the Cowboys downgrading they are still gunna be the favorites barring a big jump from Hurts next season.Β 

Yeah, that's why I would have the better odds in that bet and even if Hurts doesn't make some big leap I think we can still win the division assuming our health is more like last year and not previous years with Doug after the SB.Β 

Have to see how the offseason plays out before we make any grandiose statement on anyΒ teamΒ in the NFCE.Β 

On 3/5/2022 at 5:03 PM, ACO said:

What?

That's a crazy thing to say after the season that we had and the talent currently on the roster.

We have no starting Safeties, no #2 CB at the moment, noΒ #2 WR, no starting LB, our pass rush is a huge need and most important of all, we have no franchise QB.Β