πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

Just now, Kiltman said:

But that defense!!!

Doesn't matter. Ron Rivera is their head coach and has shown despite all that talent that he can't get anything out of it. He's a defense version of Doug Pederson, who never got luck enough to win a Super Bowl.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Daniel Jones and Wentz is honestly close to a wash at this point. Keep in mind. Joe freakin Judge was their coach last year. Probably the worst HC hire I've seen in my life time aside from the Texans hiring Culley who was just a stepping stone guy.

Oh come on, Daniel Jones is garbage.Β  I'm not saying Wentz is anything amazing but if Daniel jones is your QB you don't have a starting Qb.Β 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

If he is its marginal and I don't think Wentz was leading SF to one playoff win let alone two.

Thing is, their defense and structure around them is good enough to where whoever is QB doesn't need toΒ lead them anywhere. They can just be along for the ride.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Doesn't matter. Ron Rivera is their head coach and has shown despite all that talent that he can't get anything out of it. He's a defense version of Doug Pederson, who never got luck enough to win a Super Bowl.

/s danger

I'll be honest, I don't think this makes Washington a worse team. They actuallyΒ got better. It is just hilarious how after we dealt him NFCE fans were telling us what a massive mistake it was.... now he is playing for another NFCE team after we just robbed the Colts of a first round pick.Β 

Wentz will have good games in Washington.... he will also have really bad ones. I don't think the Eagles have pulled away from the garbage at the bottom of the division. The only team that is still clearly above the rest is Dallas. If the Eagles fill some holes and make some strides I could see them making noise, but it is wayyyy too early to put us significantly ahead of the Commies imo.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:
5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We could've won 10 games in Nick's first year if we played our starters that last game of the season in Philly instead of sitting everyone.Β 

If the NFL didn't schedule every playoff team in the first 7 weeks besides the 2nd game against the Cowboys which we didn't even play we probably would've hit 10 wins anyways.

We would also have been the top seed in the NFC if the outcomes of all 1-score games in the NFL were reversed. Sirianni learned as the season went on how to better utilize the team. If we run through that same set of circumstances again, I bet we come out at 10-7 or 11-6.

Imagine what we could've been if Gannon didn't play such soft defenses lol. I don't think we were better than an average team last year overall. We beat up on who we should've besides that first Giants game and we really were the better team that day too. Our defense has to improve a good amount from last year to this year to win games against better teams, but I think we have a good shot if we have a productive offseason to compete with Dallas for the division.Β 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Thing is, their defense and structure around them is good enough to where whoever is QB doesn't need toΒ lead them anywhere. They can just be along for the ride.

That is a lot of the ways more valuable to a team like the Colts than what Wentz does. Good safe QB play with a few clutch throws can be better than a guy with a ton of talent throwing INTs at the worst times.

I don't wanna hear any excuses for Wentz if he fails for the Commanders.

That supporting cast in Washington isn't bad. I thought their OL was good last year and they just had some unfortunate injuries and COVID stuff. Terry is great. Gibson is good. Not sure about Dyami. Logan Thomas is pretty solid.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Daniel Jones and Wentz is honestly close to a wash at this point. Keep in mind. Joe freakin Judge was their coach last year. Probably the worst HC hire I've seen in my life time aside from the Texans hiring Culley who was just a stepping stone guy.

Esh...I'd kill for Jones to put up anything close to what Wentz did in 2021... hate to say it but Wentz has proven himself to be a much more productive and dependable QB then Jones.

Just now, Shockwave said:

Esh...I'd kill for Jones to put up anything close to what Wentz did in 2021... hate to say it but Wentz has proven himself to be a much more productive and dependable QB then Jones.

That was never really up for debate though lol. Jones has done nothing outside of having a relatively promising rookie year. Jones is only still your QB cause this draft is devoid of QB talent. The guy isn't a starting NFL QB.

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I'll be honest, I don't think this makes Washington a worse team. They actuallyΒ got better. It is just hilarious how after we dealt him NFCE fans were telling us what a massive mistake it was.... now he is playing for another NFCE team after we just robbed the Colts of a first round pick.Β 

Wentz will have good games in Washington.... he will also have really bad ones. I don't think the Eagles have pulled away from the garbage at the bottom of the division. The only team that is still clearly above the rest is Dallas. If the Eagles fill some holes and make some strides I could see them making noise, but it is wayyyy too early to put us significantly ahead of the Commies imo.

Washington has a good amount of talent. I'd never deny that, but I trust our coaches and QB more than theirs.