πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

19 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It was willful ignorance on your part after year 2 of WRs leaking bad press to the media.Β 

As I said at that point, thats never happened to any other QB in my lifetime. And I wont claim to be a historian, but the only other time I know about that a QB was hated by his teammates to that level is the back up who sucker punched Rodger Staubach and then got cut (or maybe traded? To the broncos?). Im sure its happened elsewhere, but I just dont know of it. Even Ryan Leaf had an enormous support group for his drug addiction.Β 

You knew nothing. You stillΒ don't. None of us do. Yes, there were anonymous reports, but they were followed by his teammates coming out with public support. You can say it was so obvious, but everyone was just following the narrative they wanted to believe whether you acknowledge it or not.

The Philly media is notorious for stirring up **** in locker rooms on the smallest of crumbs. Us not 100% believing an anonymous player(it was Alshon) who was crapping on our QB at the same time his teammates were defending him publicly is not some ridiculous stance you are trying to point it out to be.

Obviously in the end the anonymous reports had credence, and Wentz had issues. That doesn't mean that our earlier beliefs at the time were completely invalid.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

You brought this on yourselves summoning Matts.Β 

Brought what, exactly? Its not like my stance on these subjects was a hidden secret.

But it is a "beating a dead horse" scenario. No point in rehashing.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

WTF would anyone intentionally do this? πŸ™‰

Because they like me better than you. Sorry old man.Β 

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

This is the tweet right here

Β 

Yep..... just look at this quote from a Colts reporters' article:

As for the Colts, the issues with Wentz stretched back to before the season began, one source said, and over the course of the year, some grew frustrated at what they deemed a lack of leadership, a resistance to hard coaching and a reckless style of play, which had a role in several close losses this year.

https://theathletic.com/3173631/2022/03/09/inside-the-colts-decision-to-move-on-from-carson-wentz-after-just-one-season/

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Washington can cut wentz next season. And with the 11th pick can still trade back . Also Brandon S being signed by another team can get Washington a third next year .

Β 

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Did the Bills join the NFC East or something? Because Washington is pretty easily last place at this point. Carson Wentz will have to be playing behind the worst O-Line he's ever had this upcoming season.

Washington's OL was pretty good last year though.

Β 

6.Β WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAMΒ (NO CHANGE)

LTΒ Charles Leno Jr.Β | 81.1
LGΒ Ereck FlowersΒ | 72.0
CΒ Chase RoullierΒ | 84.6
RGΒ Brandon ScherffΒ | 73.7
RTΒ Cornelius LucasΒ | 75.1

Washington’s offense should have been far better than it was this season given the platform the team was getting from its offensive line. There was no weak link on the unit, especially in pass protection, and even the players who replaced injured starters acquitted themselves well. The dynamics did shift a little with those injuries.Β Samuel Cosmi,Β Wes SchweitzerΒ and Chase Roullier earned the three best PFF run-blocking grades, but each missed significant time, and their replacements were better pass-blockers than run-blockers.

They ranked just 2 spots behind the Eagles according to PFF FWIW.

I also won't say they are dead last, but they definitely aren't the clear 2nd best in the division like I see some saying.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Washington's OL was pretty good last year though.

They ranked just 2 spots behind the Eagles according to PFF FWIW.

I also won't say they are dead last, but they definitely aren't the clear 2nd best in the division like I see some saying.

That depends because you have to be realistic . Eagles had the easiest schedule vs Washington who has one of the hardest one. Washington also had Β 15 playersΒ out week after week due to the Covid situation.

I think eagles win the division this season but I also think fans aren’t realizing Washington situation last season.

Β 

Due to Covid and also poor qb play, is wentz better than henickie ? Yes.Β 

Edited by IHatesnyder

2 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

Washington can cut wentz next season. And with the 11th pick can still trade back . Also Brandon S being signed by another team can get Washington a third next year .

Β 

That's nice. The picks you gave up are still gone and that 3rd can turn into a 2nd just like our conditional turned from a 2nd into a 1st since Wentz played all the snaps last year.

You also are wasting a season with him as the "leader" of your team, so...Β congrats I guess?

Yes, you could get a comp pick for Scherff leaving, but then you just lost a pretty great guard. I'm sure that'll work out great for Carson.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

That's nice. The picks you gave up are still gone and that 3rd can turn into a 2nd just like our conditional turned from a 2nd into a 1st since Wentz played all the snaps last year.

You also are wasting a season with him as the "leader" of your team, so...Β congrats I guess?

Yes, you could get a comp pick for Scherff leaving, but then you just lost a pretty great guard. I'm sure that'll work out great for Carson.

That’s true