🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Let’s be honest, if you’re a QB looking to maximize potential, we are lacking weapons. You could do worse, but you can do better. Weapons wise, Seattle looks more appealing currently. Indy, Carolina all seemingly better. I’d rather use the capital to strengthen the team. A QB will come later for us if Hurts cant hack it this year. 

Do indy and Carolina really have that much better personnel than we do? Just as a side discussion I think we're all used to saying we have nothing bc it felt that way for a few years but we're kinda different now. 

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Let’s be honest, if you’re a QB looking to maximize potential, we are lacking weapons. You could do worse, but you can do better. Weapons wise, Seattle looks more appealing currently. Indy, Carolina all seemingly better. I’d rather use the capital to strengthen the team. A QB will come later for us if Hurts cant hack it this year. 

How will the QB come unless they tank/have horrible year hence move on from Hurts, or trade down yet again to acquire multiple 1sts next year? The latter being a completely unrealistic scenario.

I would trade for him now. We know how bad Hurts is against the Cowboys. Otherwise Watson could end up with the Bucs, which of whom they’d never get past in the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

How will the QB come unless they tank/have horrible year hence move on from Hurts, or trade down yet again to acquire multiple 1sts next year? The latter being a completely unrealistic scenario.

I would trade for him now. We know how bad Hurts is against the Cowboys. Otherwise Watson could end up with the Bucs, which of whom they’d never get past in the playoffs.

He goes to the Bucs they won’t be able to keep the defense intact, Godwin will have to walk. They can’t stay a juggernaut.

Arians is a better coach than BoB, but we saw Watson on a team with one weapon and some Star talent on d and he didn’t do a damn thing. Why is him going to the Bucs all of the sudden this unstoppable juggernaut?

21 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Do indy and Carolina really have that much better personnel than we do? Just as a side discussion I think we're all used to saying we have nothing bc it felt that way for a few years but we're kinda different now. 

I think the biggest draw here is the OL and our commitment to keeping it top 5 year in and out. 

We have Smith who’s really not top notch. He can mature and get there but I don’t see him as a top flight WR yet. We have a good TE. I see him as a top 5 guy. But that’s it. Nothing else is really ready to be in SB conversation  I’d imagine a QB wants to come to a place that’s just that position away from being ready. Ala TB and LA. And if that’s not available, something he knows he can put over the top. The Eagles ain’t ready. Average RB but good running game thanks to the OL. And only one reliable WR. Along with a questionable defense, we need some work before we’re talking about attractive destinations. 

23 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

There’s always someone available for a price. We put together a good enough team and any QB in a bad situation would be itching to get here. Stafford is a good QB, nothing amazing. There’s decent guys available almost yearly. Just have to pounce when it’s time to. Nows not the time. Now more than ever we’ve seen QBs on the move. 

20 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I think the biggest draw here is the OL and our commitment to keeping it top 5 year in and out. 

We have Smith who’s really not top notch. He can mature and get there but I don’t see him as a top flight WR yet. We have a good TE. I see him as a top 5 guy. But that’s it. Nothing else is really ready to be in SB conversation  I’d imagine a QB wants to come to a place that’s just that position away from being ready. Ala TB and LA. And if that’s not available, something he knows he can put over the top. The Eagles ain’t ready. Average RB but good running game thanks to the OL. And only one reliable WR. Along with a questionable defense, we need some work before we’re talking about attractive destinations. 

I mean if the Eagles ain't ready then the Panthers and Colts ain't ready either. DJ Moore is good. McCaffrey is great but being shopped. That's their stuff. Indy has Taylor at RB and less than us at WR. Add in our assets I honestly think we're the most desirable of the three. I think you're underselling Quez a bit too.

I’m just saying the NFC is looking very vulnerable given the cap situations around the league. Are the Pack going to be better next year? Dallas? TB? LA? Or do they fall to the middle of the pack. Can you get a 1 seed in the NFC at 12-5? Probably.

That’s why Philly is a slam dunk and it’s a more than fair package (Hurts and 3 mid range picks to a rebuilding team).

32 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I mean if the Eagles ain't ready then the Panthers and Colts ain't ready either. DJ Moore is good. McCaffrey is great but being shopped. That's their stuff. Indy has Taylor at RB and less than us at WR. Add in our assets I honestly think we're the most desirable of the three. I think you're underselling Quez a bit too.

I’d disagree but it’s not exactly a hill I’m ready to die on. 

Besides, there’s been nothing about the Eagles interest or Watson’ as of recent, more the opposite if any bing.  I think we can move on from the convo. It’s not happening. Hypothetically, I don’t think it would be a bad move, scummy stuff notwithstanding. 

2 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

I’m just saying the NFC is looking very vulnerable given the cap situations around the league. Are the Pack going to be better next year? Dallas? TB? LA? Or do they fall to the middle of the pack. Can you get a 1 seed in the NFC at 12-5? Probably.

That’s why Philly is a slam dunk and it’s a more than fair package (Hurts and 3 mid range picks to a rebuilding team).

Yes, Watson in Philly would make us a contender in the NFC... we wouldn't be in the top notch of GB/LA/SF, but we would be able to compete with teams like Dallas and the NFCS teams. 

That said, he probably doesn't want to play here. I'd be surprised if Lurie wants him to play here. The fans also would rather stick to the plan then trade for a guy like Watson to lead our franchise. The talent is undeniable, but it would just be gross to root for him.

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Yes, Watson in Philly would make us a contender in the NFC... we wouldn't be in the top notch of GB/LA/SF, but we would be able to compete with teams like Dallas and the NFCS teams. 

That said, he probably doesn't want to play here. I'd be surprised if Lurie wants him to play here. The fans also would rather stick to the plan then trade for a guy like Watson to lead our franchise. The talent is undeniable, but it would just be gross to root for him.

Speaking of San Fran, do they have a package? What about Lance and 23’ and 24’ picks when the QB class may be much improved? Give Jimmy G away for a 3rd rounder to Carolina or somebody else that misses out.

Or the politics rule that out too???

Edited by WheatieMan

Watson still has to want to come here. He can veto any trade. iirc, he didn't have us on his short list of teams. He'll probably be a Panther or Steeler or Dolphin or 49er. I could be wrong on the veto power, but pretty sure he has it. None of the big name QB's had us on their wish lists of trade partners.

Edited by Jeezla

21 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Watson still has to want to come here. He can veto any trade. iirc, he didn't have us on his short list of teams. He'll probably be a Panther or Steeler or Dolphin or 49er. I could be wrong on the veto power, but pretty sure he has it. None of the big name QB's had us on their wish lists of trade partners.

I believe last time that inference was made was when we had zero expectations. He may have changed his tune by now. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I believe last time that inference was made was when we had zero expectations. He may have changed his tune by now. 

It's true. Plus it has to be a two way street. If my options are the Steelers, Panthers, Eagles, back to the Texans or Seahawks, I don't know why you wouldn't have the Eagles as your #2 at worst.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

It's true. Plus it has to be a two way street. If my options are the Steelers, Panthers, Eagles, back to the Texans or Seahawks, I don't know why you wouldn't have the Eagles as your #2 at worst.

Yeah. Like when that report came out Philly had no wideouts, we hadn’t seen Goedert as a full time starter, the oline was a question mark and no one had heard or liked Sirianni. I’m sure it didn’t help that a lot of people thought the rest of the division was heading in the right direction either back then.

A lot has changed. For most QBs this will be the best line they play behind, Smith & Goedert are a nice top two options (with more on the way), lot of buy in from the team and league on Sirianni since.

There are some other solid places to go but team wise I can’t see them being off the table. If they are I think it’s probably city and more so scrutiny based.

• Like 1

I’ve read the 9ers and Steelers would be out. Does Seattle have the money? Maybe now I guess. It seems as if the Panthers would be bidding against themselves. That’s the only team I’ve read that have maintained or haven’t denied interest that have the means.