πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

13 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Pretty much around what I thought he would get 11-13 million

This is still below the top end of what I would consider a great deal. Its well over a 40% discount to cooper, which fixes a gross overpay.

Β 

I know Gallup doesnt get the press Cooper does, but he is literally the only deep threat weve had since Alvin Harper. He is the only one on the roster that can run a 9. Weve never invested into a D Jackson. We never used Owens on the deep stuff. Michael is very quite literally the only person who consistently runs the hard routes.

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

The Eagles (Howie Roseman) is so mad that the Giants stole Brandon Brown that he is trying to change the rules. How important was Brandon Brown to the Eagles draft process?

This likely had more to do with Ian Cunningham going to the Bears imo, but ya he has been talking about this stuff a lot this offseason. It's hard to say how much each person was involved with the draft but losing your guys during the most important part of the offseason is rough for a GM. I know it is part of the business, but I can also see why teams really dislike it.

36 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This likely had more to do with Ian Cunningham going to the Bears imo, but ya he has been talking about this stuff a lot this offseason. It's hard to say how much each person was involved with the draft but losing your guys during the most important part of the offseason is rough for a GM. I know it is part of the business, but I can also see why teams really dislike it.

I didn't read anything about Cunningham, but I did read this from Dan Duggan last week:

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/07/philadelphia-eagles-howie-roseman-not-pleased-with-losing-brandon-brown-new-york-giants/

Roseman didn’t want to lose director of player personnel Brandon Brown and particularly didn’t want to lose Brown to the Giants. And Roseman really didn’t want to lose Brown to the Giants just before free agency and the draft.

But Roseman couldn’t stop Brown from departing because he was hired as the Giants’ assistant general manager. That position is viewed as a promotion from other front-office roles, so teams can’t block those moves.

Β