πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

7 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Hes doing the same thing as McAdoo did last year. He is basically an analyst. He wont be doing any real coaching, just providing ideas on how we can attack/protect against various opponents in the pass game.

Β 

I mean, its easy to point a finger and laugh. But its never a bad idea to have various ideas.Β Β Β 

Edited by Matts4313

42 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Hes doing the same thing as McAdoo did last year. He is basically an analyst. He wont be doing any real coaching, just providing ideas on how we can attack/protect against various opponents in the pass game.

Β 

I mean, its easy to point a finger and laugh. But its never a bad idea to have various ideas.Β Β Β 

It can be a bad idea. We had too many cooks in the kitchen going into 2020. Just one example of when it happened to us.

Chiefs/Eagles game is on NFL network. Forgot how well Hurts played that game. Defense was atrocious trying to cover Tyreek 11/186/3TD and stopping the run 200yds!

32-48 387yds 2 TD, 8/49 yds rushing 105.1 QBR

2-3 other passing TD (Goedert/Ertz/Smith) negated by penalties,Β  4 backup OL started.Β 

Those that hate, should rewatch that game.Β 

Β 

Edited by Nabbs4u

17 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Chiefs/Eagles game is on NFL network. Forgot how well Hurts played that game. Defense was atrocious trying to cover Tyreek 11/186/3TD and stopping the run 200yds!

32-48 387yds 2 TD, 8/49 yds rushing 105.1 QBR

2-3 other passing TD (Goedert/Ertz) negated by penalties,Β  4 backup OL started.Β 

Those that hate, should rewatch that game.Β 

Β 

Or we can just watch all of his other games and keep hating. iirc the Chiefs had the #32 ranked pass D at that point in the season.

Edited by Jeezla

Terrible defense, especially the run. Terrible run game or lack there of. Jalen was one of the better parts in an absolute dreadful game. Smith was good. TEs were good. Gainwell was good. But let’s not pretend Hurts hadΒ some prolific outing.Β 

29 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Terrible defense, especially the run. Terrible run game or lack there of. Jalen was one of the better parts in an absolute dreadful game. Smith was good. TEs were good. Gainwell was good. But let’s not pretend Hurts hadΒ some prolific outing.Β 

He made just about every throw you can ask of a QB that game. Had 3 TD passes called back/negated. Not sure what else he could of done chucking it up damn near 50x with very little run game in a close game for 4Qt.Β Easily could of hadΒ 430yds 5TD without penalties.

I'm not saying he's awesome,Β  but this ideaΒ that he can't make the throws is false. Helps when players actually get seperation and catch balls. That's all.

Edited by Nabbs4u

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

He made just about every throw you can ask of a QB that game. Had 3 TD passes called back/negated. Not sure what else he could of done chucking it up damn near 50x with very little run game in a close game for 4Qt.Β Easily could of hadΒ 430yds 5TD without penalties.

I'm not saying he's awesome,Β  but this ideaΒ that he can't make the throws is false. Helps when players actually get seperation and catch balls. That's all.

Not Hurts issues that game. Everything else was really bad. Defense let up a TD on every possession except for the INT to open the 2nd half. QB can’t win no matter what they do. He doesn’t have a good arm though. It’s ok. He can’t consistently make all the throws. Way too much loft on a lot of anything deeper than 20 yards. He’s got limitations. Don’t think you can overcome that and be successful. I’d love to be wrong but not holding my breath.Β 

Jalen hurts was not a good qb last year. That isn't really debatable if you have eyes. He had a handful of games that were good. By good I mean mediocre which for him is his good.

Β 

The only reasons he is should be on this roster is because there are no other options for a long term QB this offseason and the 5 percent chance he has a josh allen type leap in ability.Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

Best Eagles QB is always the one not on the field. Been like this with fans for decades.

I'm at least curious what improvements if any Hurts will have year two in the system and God ForbidΒ  with better WR play.

Gonna suck if Pascal is the only real addition and We/Hurts is forced to play with JJAW and Reagor again.