πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

On 3/25/2022 at 11:38 AM, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Arm strength is a luxury imo, but it can bail out guys who are worse at reading defenses because they can fit balls into tighter spaces. The new wave of young QB's all seem to have really amazing arms, but the last group of elite guys didn't rely on arm strength nearly as much.

Ball placement will and always will supersede arm strength. You throw an 75 yarder twice a season. You throw a tight curl in man press a handful more. But you throw the other 400 passes based on ball placement.Β 

The Brett Favres of the world (throw it through coverage) are no longer effective.Β 

Long way of saying I agree with you.Β Β 

On 3/25/2022 at 9:38 AM, Danger said:

The lack of a good laser canon arm also makes it so his windows are more brief than someone like Josh Allen or even Carson.

Weaker arm + slow processing speed = A lot of closed windows. Then you couple that with substandard accuracy.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Ball placement will and always will supersede arm strength. You throw an 75 yarder twice a season. You throw a tight curl in man press a handful more. But you throw the other 400 passes based on ball placement.Β 

The Brett Favres of the world (throw it through coverage) are no longer effective.Β 

Long way of saying I agree with you.Β Β 

I agree mostly. It’s not exactly how far a guy throws it though. Foles can throw a ball 70 yards. It just happens to be on a rainbow trajectory. And it’s not a bad deep ball. But the guy that can whip it 40 on a rope or cut through high winds is what I’m looking at in terms of arm strength. I can throw it to home plate from the outfield but it’s going to take a few seconds. A guy with a cannon throws it on a line and gets the guy trying to score on a tag up. It’s not exactly that he has to do it all the time but if he has the ability to. It’s nice to be able to reach into your tool box and pull out a 18 yards laser for a 3rd and long. Guys with lollipop arms with the best accuracy and placement will struggle with that. It’s a luxury but it can really make up for a lot at times.Β 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

grossly probable one of the few things that would make the NFL pissed enough to push him out

Hey doesn't matter what pushes it over the edge, if it means snyder is out we can all be happy again. And I can finally go back to disliking washington instead of pitying them for following a teamed owned by such a freak.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

Hey doesn't matter what pushes it over the edge, if it means snyder is out we can all be happy again. And I can finally go back to disliking washington instead of pitying them for following a teamed owned by such a freak.

Interesting that so many teams are going up for sale around now. Any time they do people automatically think Bezos, but Washington would probably be one he might bite at with the second headquarters down there.

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

grossly probable one of the few things that would make the NFL pissed enough to push him out

The irony in this is that they sell probably close to the fewest tickets in the league. With the exceptions of teams in LA and Florida.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 7:50 AM, Kiltman said:

Washington losing to themselves checks

πŸ’€

I legit feel bad for Washington fans lol. They just wanna root for their team and the front office/ownership keeps doing stupid disgraceful crap. League really needs to get Snyder out of there.

• Like 1