πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

Just now, Kiltman said:

And even he’s kinda mid, contextually is worse with the other OTs being as good or better that went after him.

His cross-town contemporary Mekhi Becton has been even more questionable. I don't know how Jedrick Wills has been. My understanding is that Wirfs has been very good. He was my top OT headed into the draft.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

What happened to Lawrence? wasn't he really good as a rookie? Completely forgot about him as I haven't heard his name in a while.Β 

The fate of most Rd1 DTs, solid but unremarkable. Looking at a lot of these drafts put me off guys unless they are freaky / can get to the QB.

4 hours ago, EAGLES3658 said:

What happened to Lawrence? wasn't he really good as a rookie? Completely forgot about him as I haven't heard his name in a while.Β 

I wouldn't say really good. He played pretty well though.

Didn't look like a bad pick by any means, but not a great one either.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

59 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

And I'll be dancing on the couch

If that potential hits, good lord…history does look to favorably at it happening however.Β 
Β 

If you think he can get pressure too could be a helluva boom. Very wary of it that

21 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

If that potential hits, good lord…history does look to favorably at it happening however.Β 
Β 

If you think he can get pressure too could be a helluva boom. Very wary of it that

Yeah, I think there is still more untapped potential pass rush wise. He was playing at a heavier weight at Georgia than what he tested at the combine. He also came to the game late pressured to give football a try as a sophomore in HS and didn't move to the defensive side till his last 2 years of HS. Here is a quote about it from his background in Brugler's draft guide:

Β 

Despite very little experience, Davis was pressured to give football a try and split his sophomore year between junior varsity and varsity, lining up mostly as an offensive lineman. He moved up to varsity full-time for his final two seasons and played on both sides of the ball, although it became clear that his future would be on defense. As a senior, Davis helped Mallard Creek to a 14-1 record and the 2017 4AA state championship game, earning First Team All-State honors as a defensive lineman.Β 

Β 

At Georgia I believe he was playing in the mid 350s to mid 360s. Georgia didn't need him to be much of a penetrator with Jalen Carter (possible top 5 pick next year in a better class) and Devonte Wyatt. They wanted him to be a mountain in the middle and he came off on 3rd downs, so Wyatt and Carter could rush a lot of the time. Players in that Georgia defense played their roles and how they were taught. The main focus of Georgia's defense is run first, second and third.Β 

I think Davis should be playing in the 330-340 range to prolong his career and maximize his natural explosiveness. The way he got out of the gate when he ran his 40 blew my friggin mind before he ever finished it and I saw the time. I think he wasn't the best at timing the snap to maximize his get off. I think he could get better at that, but yeah.

He's a top 15 prospect for me all day. If he slips out of the top 15 I'd be pretty surprised. He's a rare mix of size and athleticism just like Travon Walker and coaches will be salivating over their potential and what they think they can get out of them. Both of them will have to develop at the next level cause while being a top athlete is crucial to being a top pass rusher. Pass rushing goes beyond just elite athleticism. It's an art.

Edit: Yep. I found a tweet from the combine from his media interview about it.

Β 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1