πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

What are some valid reasons why the Cowboys won't win the NFCE? Or are there none?

Β 

Before he was named the winner of the Best Breakthrough Athlete, Prescott was asked about the NFC East in 2017 and gave a quick answer.

"We're the Cowboys. We're gonna win the NFC East," Prescott said.

This wasn't exactly Joe Namath guaranteeing a Super Bowl win, but Prescott's prediction was met with confidence byΒ Dallas CowboysΒ fans and ridicule in some circles, as expected, from opposing fans. Some even wondered if Prescott should have been so bold as he readies for his second season with the Cowboys.

What is he supposed to say? Would "I really hope to win some games this season," be acceptable?

Β 

@AcgottΒ @Desperado82Β @WozΒ @MKnight82Β 

1 minute ago, Phire said:

What are some valid reasons why the Cowboys won't win the NFCE? Or are there none?

@AcgottΒ @Desperado82Β @WozΒ @MKnight82Β 

Well there hasn't been a repeat champion in the NFCE in quite some time. Β Prescott has got to prove he's not a 1-year wonder. Β Elliot might get suspended. Β They lost two starters on that stellar Oline. Β I think theirΒ defense overachieved last year and they lost most of their secondary (and replaced it with inferior players). Β Several of their Dlineman are suspended for the first few games. Β Sean Lee is due for a major injury this year. Β Jaylon Smith still hasn't played a down of real football in the NFL. Β Their head coach is a ginger. Β Their owner is Jerry Jones. Β So, lots of reasons why they won't repeat. Β 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Well there hasn't been a repeat champion in the NFCE in quite some time. Β Prescott has got to prove he's not a 1-year wonder. Β Elliot might get suspended. Β They lost two starters on that stellar Oline. Β I think theirΒ defense overachieved last year and they lost most of their secondary (and replaced it with inferior players). Β Several of their Dlineman are suspended for the first few games. Β Sean Lee is due for a major injury this year. Β Jaylon Smith still hasn't played a down of real football in the NFL. Β Their head coach is a ginger. Β Their owner is Jerry Jones. Β So, lots of reasons why they won't repeat. Β 

I wouldn't say inferior players. Sure, the majority are rookies...but I think they're good enough players to at least be equal to or slightly less than what we had last year.Β 

If there's one reason as to why we don't repeat as NFCE champs, I'd say it would be due to a regression from Dak/Zeke and/or our pass rush disappoints us once again. I'm not worried about our offensive line, whoever we plug in at LG will be in between Tyron Smith and Travis Frederick and Collins so far seems to be adjusting well to RT.Β 

9 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

I wouldn't say inferior players. Sure, the majority are rookies...but I think they're good enough players to at least be equal to or slightly less than what we had last year.Β 

If there's one reason as to why we don't repeat as NFCE champs, I'd say it would be due to a regression from Dak/Zeke and/or our pass rush disappoints us once again. I'm not worried about our offensive line, whoever we plug in at LG will be in between Tyron Smith and Travis Frederick and Collins so far seems to be adjusting well to RT.Β 

CBs usually take 3 years to adjust to the NFL. Β The question was what are valid reasons that Dallas could not win the East. Β Their secondary could definitely be a reason.

Β 

Also I'm not sure how anything could be known about Collins at RT when training camp hasn't even started yet, much less seeing him in real games. Β 

I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be the favorite going into it.

The rest the division is imbalanced teams, and has a lot of holes. But then so is Dallas.

I think it's realistic any team could win the division this year, but the Cowboys offense was the best unit on either side of the ball in the division last year and gets the nod until we get to the season.

Β 

If the league figures out Dak (he wasn't asked to to a ton), or if Zeke gets suspended (which is possible given all the dumb stuff he's been up to...allegedly), or that Jekyl & Hyde defense doesn't show up this year...anyone of them could sink them to middle of the pack, and sitting at home in January.

But we could say the same as Carson.

Β 

I think the biggest wildcard is what the hell Giants team shows up this year.Β 

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

CBs usually take 3 years to adjust to the NFL. Β The question was what are valid reasons that Dallas could not win the East. Β Their secondary could definitely be a reason.

Β 

Also I'm not sure how anything could be known about Collins at RT when training camp hasn't even started yet, much less seeing him in real games. Β 

Yes, it's certainly a valid reason. I'm just saying I wouldn't consider Jourdan Lewis, Chidobe Awuzie, Anthony Brown and Orlando Scandrick as inferior players to what we had last year at corner.

Β