🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

10 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

With the Giants adding Solder and Hernandez, do the Redskins now have the worst OL in the division?

Trent Williams - Top 3 LT

Brandon Scherff - Top 5 RG

Morgan Moses - Top 10 RT

Chase Roulier - 19th ranked C according to PFF (as a rookie)...played solid last year when he filled in for Long

? - Unknown

Not sure how anyone could even question if our OL is better than NY's, even with the current unknown at LG.

Edited by HTTRG3Dynasty

Eyeball test says the Redskins OL was nothing special last year, especially when they played the SB Champion Eagles. Looked average at best to me. Kirk was instantly pressured a lot of the time, but they blocked well on screens to Thompson.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Eyeball test says the Redskins OL was nothing special last year, especially when they played the SB Champion Eagles. Looked average at best to me.

Lol.  I wonder why?

Total pressures surrendered: 181
Best player: Brandon Scherff
Combinations used: 27

While Washington fielded two elite offensive linemen to start the season in left tackle Trent Williams and right guard Brandon Scherff, both of them struggled to stay on the field in 2017. As a matter of fact, the entire Washington line was marred by injuries a season ago as a whopping 11 offensive linemen played at least 140 snaps for the Redskins in 2017. The injuries had their impact and the Washington offensive line never really got into rhythm over the season. Redskins running backs averaged just 1.29 yards before contact, the fifth-fewest in the NFL while the unit allowed 25 sacks on the season, tied for the sixth-most.

Well if you can't stay healthy, you aren't very good, which means the Giants could be better. Don't think Solder and Hernandez have injury concerns. I'd take that combo over Trent and whoever your LG is.

Edited by Jeezla