πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

19 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I gotta, I do love making fun of Dak Prescott and he is a scrub in the presence of Carson, but I honestly do think he is going to continue to improve and be a franchise QB (top 8-12). I think it will mostly be a battle between the Eagles and Cowboys over the NFCE for years to come.

The only way the Cowboys will be battling the Eagles is if they start counting useless coach clapping as wins in future seasons

ViGgHuIB_o.gif

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I gotta, I do love making fun of Dak Prescott and he is a scrub in the presence of Carson, but I honestly do think he is going to continue to improve and be a franchise QB (top 8-12). I think it will mostly be a battle between the Eagles and Cowboys over the NFCE for years to come.

Really?Β  Other than their Oline what does Dallas have going for them?Β Β 

17 minutes ago, Phire said:

Dak also lost his two safety blankets. I think he'll regress even further this year.Β 

I don't think so. He will have Zeke back and he'll be able to understand what he has to work with going into thinks and adjust accordingly. I expect Dak to have a passer rating around 92-94 this season.

41 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't think so. He will have Zeke back and he'll be able to understand what he has to work with going into thinks and adjust accordingly. I expect Dak to have a passer rating around 92-94 this season.

Sure, but the reason Dak has inflated "tight window" throwsΒ is because neither Dez nor Witten got separation but would make catches anyways. He had chemistry there.Β 

Take those away and things will get interesting.

Just now, Phire said:

Sure, but the reason Dak has inflated "tight window" throwsΒ is because neither Dez nor Witten got separation but would make catches anyways. He had chemistry there.Β 

Huh? Jason Witten is notorious for always being wide open despite greatly lacking athleticism.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Huh? Jason Witten is notorious for always being wide open despite greatly lacking athleticism.

Sure, but that doesn't account for all of his catches. He had great body control and could box defenders out. He routinely made catches with our LBs draped all over him.

18 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

uhhh i like ryan tannehill a little when he is healthy but that isnt a good group either. He;s on par with alex smith.Β 

I wouldnt wish the bills qb situation on any of the nfc east teams.

I think Darnold could end up being the best of any of the six though.Β 

Nah Alex Smith has shown more than Tannehill ever has. I mean last year he was pretty good for the first half of the year.

Smith > Tanny

Manning > Allen (not saying a lot lol)

Prescott > Darnold (for now at least)

2 hours ago, Phire said:

I mean Carson and Alshon had a pretty good connection on those throws too and Carson was forced to throw more of them, because our receivers got even less separation.

Wentz also is just naturally aggressive so pairing that with not so good separation and you got the most tight window attempts in the league.

ThatΒ isn't exactly something thatΒ we should be striving for though.

Sure those thread the needle throws are sexy, but they increase the chance of interceptions.

Don't get me wrong I like his aggressiveness, but I'd like Carson to be able to takeΒ more of those easy open throws.

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean Carson and Alshon had a pretty good connection on those throws too and Carson was forced to throw more of them, because our receivers got even less separation.

I'm not sure if you were disagreeing with me on anything, because that's my point. Some receivers can't get separation, meaning, if you throw to them, more likely than not it'll be a "tight window" throw. Completing those types of passes requires trust and chemistry. Wentz and Alshon didn't have that early in the year, as we all saw.Β 

My point is both Dez and Witten were physical receivers who could make tough catches with a defender draped all over them. Dak obviously had built up some trust and chemistry with them both; and they're both gone.

Alshon isn't gone.

10 minutes ago, Phire said:

I'm not sure if you were disagreeing with me on anything, because that's my point. Some receivers can't get separation, meaning, if you throw to them, more likely than not it'll be a "tight window" throw. Completing those types of passes requires trust and chemistry. Wentz and Alshon didn't have that early in the year, as we all saw.Β 

My point is both Dez and Witten were physical receivers who could make tough catches with a defender draped all over them. Dak obviously had built up some trust and chemistry with them both; and they're both gone.

Alshon isn't gone.

True. It'll be tougher for Dak.

But, tbh I think that coaching staff still being in place is an even bigger detriment to Prescott than the departure of a declining Bryant and an ancient Witten.

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Nah Alex Smith has shown more than Tannehill ever has. I mean last year he was pretty good for the first half of the year.

Smith > Tanny

Manning > Allen (not saying a lot lol)

Prescott > Darnold (for now at least)

Im not even big on darnold but no way would I not take him over prescott.Β