🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

5 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

C’mon dude, everyone with a brain knows that Wentz is better than Foles.

Not true. There are a lot of people (including your own forum mates) that preferred... or at least entertained.. that Foles>Wentz.

And in the Cowboys forum, there are a lot of people who think Wentz is pretty overrated and arent scared of him at all. Why would we be? We beat him 75% of the time (3-1).

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Not true. There are a lot of people (including your own forum mates) that preferred... or at least entertained.. that Foles>Wentz.

And in the Cowboys forum, there are a lot of people who think Wentz is pretty overrated and arent scared of him at all. Why would we be? We beat him 75% of the time (3-1).

Wentz against Dallas extrapolated would have a season of:

3982 yards 32 TDs 4 INTs 68% comp 

Imagine Dak’s first year, 9 more throwing TDs. 3 more TDs total. That’s how he’s performed over his career head to head with Dak. Seems like it’s more the defenses issue to me that the record is misleading. 

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Wentz against Dallas extrapolated would have a season of:

3982 yards 32 TDs 4 INTs 68% comp 

Imagine Dak’s first year, 9 more throwing TDs. 3 more TDs total. That’s how he’s performed over his career head to head with Dak. Seems like it’s more the defenses issue to me that the record is misleading. 

Your right. I see that from Wentz and this is my reaction to the Cowboys Defense:

tenor.gif

PS - Rumors are swirling that Zeke agreed to a deal. I am sure we will hear more tomorrow on if its all #fakenews

21 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Im actually curious though. Is this not the neutral ground part of the NFCE for all of us to talk about all of our teams? It has been for like 5-6 years... but Jroc seems to think different. 

You guys just congregate here because our forum was hella busy. We used to organize everything to make sure it was more streamlined to better serve us. We made the thread to differentiate between NFL news and NFCE news. And naturally you guys would come in and discuss talking points with whatever news was posted. You, being the heel of the forum used it to ruffle feathers from time to time and it’s become more of a trash talking thread. Which is fine. But you are literally the only cowboys poster here. And there’s maybe 3 rival posters other than you that ever post. In what way is that considered a divisional thread? It’s just a couple of more active posters who are bored with their own forums that wander in. Use it how you like. It’s certainly pertinent material usually. But I don’t find the correlation of a community thread ONLY in our forum. Nobody else does that. This is making a way bigger deal of it than really what it’s worth. 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Your right. I see that from Wentz and this is my reaction to the Cowboys Defense:

tenor.gif

PS - Rumors are swirling that Zeke agreed to a deal. I am sure we will hear more tomorrow on if its all #fakenews

Don’t think that’s valid. Dallas had a top 6-8 defense last year and Carson had both games with a ratings of 119 and 120. Carson just makes them soft. 

Well, I hope for you guys they get something done. Jerry should look at this as a 2-3 year window to go all in. Worry about the cap after that. The defense is young and good and you should have your offensive pieces in place. Now is the time. He shouldn’t be cheapening out. He’s risking the short term maximization for the long term sustainability. IMO, if you’re close, push those chips in. Conservativeness is for nuns. 

Carson, besides the one 37-9 game in 2017, has had rather pedestrian Dak-like games against the Cowboys (excluding the garbage time week 17 wins both teams have had)

Even that game his yardage output was super low because Dak turned the ball over 4 times for short fields (or the one pick6). Other fans sometimes only see what he's done against their team, Wentz has been fine...but not always his blockbuster games. It can warp the perception of a player.

But also the checkdown thing isn't real Matt, as much as you try to make it a thing.
He was the fourth leading passers for throwing downfield 2 years ago, he will likely be near the tops this year as well with Desean and Goedert.
Though if you look at both statistically their highest Volume passes are a couple yards shy of the average.

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't think I've seen a poster on this sight talk more out of their butt than Matts when it comes to Dak. Is Skip Bayless your father? Do you sit down and eat breakfast with him every morning and talk Cowboys football?

Need the season to start so we can finally make judgments on both QB’s. Spoiler alert: Wentz is better 

3 hours ago, Danger said:

I don't think I've seen a poster on this sight talk more out of their butt than Matts when it comes to Dak. Is Skip Bayless your father? Do you sit down and eat breakfast with him every morning and talk Cowboys football?

I wouldn't say he talks out of his butt. Gotta give him some props for his commitment. But t I've never seen someone so determined and obsessed to prove a point. It's been like two years of daily arguing for Dak. His persistence tells me that deep down, he knows Dak isn't that great. Take any top 10 QB for example. Do you see their fanbase constantly arguing for them? No, because they don't have to... because it's obvious their QB is good. Any rival fan that tries to argue gets a "lol" response because arguing is pointless and isn't worth the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

Lost in all this Dak vs Wentz nonsense is that the NFCE has a new, much bigger problem to deal with - Danny Dimes - Carving up a defense near you. Coming soon. 

that's why we are fighting so much, we know this is our last chance at an NFCE title til 2035