🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

22 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

God, I’m so glad that idiot isn’t our owner. Just shut your mouth Jerry. It doesn’t ALWAYS have to be about you. 

But continue to tear the team apart. It’s amusing on this side. 

Jerry has always been a Media Whore! He can't help himself. Theres not another Owner in Professional Sports not just the NFL Professional Sports that's talks to the Media as much as Jones! 

Literally Can't Shut his Mouth! At least Snyder as pathetic as He is, doesnt do that? Which speaks volumes about the Egomaniac Jery Jones is!!

10 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Ah the good ol' measurable statistic of "arm talent"

Well since his 16/19 (with one drop), 210 yards, 2 TDs measurable statistics don’t count BecAusE iTs PreSeAson, I’m trying to show that what we’ve seen in preseason has been routine throughout OTAs and training camp. Not an aberration.

Stat line aside, you can see talent regardless of whether it’s preseason or regular season. It took Saquon one carry last preseason to show he was going to be a stud in this league. 

I remember when Bradford went up and down on GB that preseason. People lost their minds. The regular season is an animal Daniel Jones has never seen before. Any player worth their behind should pick apart a preseason defense. A lot of players have nice physical skills. Like, almost every QB in the NFL today. It’s his ability to look at a professional defense, read it, and continually and efficiently move the ball that matters. He’ll get his shot to prove that. It’ll be a long time before anyone realizes he’s a quality QB. 

43 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I remember when Bradford went up and down on GB that preseason. People lost their minds. The regular season is an animal Daniel Jones has never seen before. Any player worth their behind should pick apart a preseason defense. A lot of players have nice physical skills. Like, almost every QB in the NFL today. It’s his ability to look at a professional defense, read it, and continually and efficiently move the ball that matters. He’ll get his shot to prove that. It’ll be a long time before anyone realizes he’s a quality QB. 

For sure He’ll have his ups and downs as he learns the game and gains experience. But the biggest knock on him as a prospect was that his arm was just “okay”.  And that doesn’t appear to be the case at all based on preseason and everything we’ve been hearing out of OTAs and training camp. It doesn’t take regular season games to see throwing mechanics, accuracy, and arm strength. The stats may not matter, but you can’t ignore the talent. 

I heard Stidham was having a good preseason so I watched his highlights side by side with Jones. Similar stats, but you can see a clear difference in arm talent. You can see which one was a top 10 pick.

Edited by Gmen

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Bias test tbh

Tape comparison back to back is probably a little better than searching every corner of the internet for statistics that might make him look good.
Removing inconvenient things like "he was missing x, so it doesn't count" 

Or once you get those stats, ignoring context of said stats.

Like getting chances to make comebacks being much larger do to his lack of production over the course of the game.
Or his efficiency perhaps being a by product of either a conscious play design or do to Dak's limited ability to read a field and make higher risk/reward throws that other QBs do.
You can slant stats anyway you want...eye in the sky don't lie.

Tape watching has many point of data and analysis that cold numbers will never show you, there's no stat that shows Carson evading pressure from two guys while reading his progressions then slinging it downfield. Just like there's no stat showing the 35+ easy completion Dak misses as he stares down a wideout like a creep from across a bar and throws a quick 8 yarder 

The criticism of Wentz v Dak starts and ends with Carson's health. If Carson is Healthy, he's better than Dak, full stop.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Like getting chances to make comebacks being much larger do to his lack of production over the course of the game.

Dak has had the 8th fewest opportunities tho... so you are wrong

The criticism of Wentz v Dak starts and ends with Carson's health. If Carson is Healthy, he's better than Dak, full stop.

And arm talent. And eye test. And tape test. And stats. Dak wins in all of those.

Edited by Matts4313

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak has had the 8th fewest opportunities tho... so you are wrong

Compared to who?

A note: I think this is a dumb stat for how good a QB is. I understand it’s used as a metric to quantify the “clutch” “he’s just a winner” stuff people have spewed for ages. But it’s so situational. I mean Joe Flacco and Andy Dalton are in the top ten active and they have been largely middle tier QBs like Dak their whole career.

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Compared to who?

A note: I think this is a dumb stat for how good a QB is. I understand it’s used as a metric to quantify the “clutch” “he’s just a winner” stuff people have spewed for ages. But it’s so situational. I mean Joe Flacco and Andy Dalton are in the top ten active and they have been largely middle tier QBs like Dak their whole career.

The entirety of the NFL. 

All of them. 

Thats the comparison.