πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

8 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Wentz has shown he is as tough as they come. He is equally as talented at the position. BUT, and this is a big but, if he continues to play with such reckless abandon he will end up more like Andrew Luck than Tom Brady. No doubt he was playing with, at the very least bruised ribs, if not cracked or broken last night. The whole cameo of Josh McCownΒ was so the pain injection they gave Wentz could take affect, let's not have any disillusions about that.

He has to learn that sometimes you throw the ball away to play another day. That is not in his vocabulary and it is going to get him killed out there.

So with that said, I would not be willing to bet one way or the other what Philly's chances are of winning the division or advancing in the playoffs. It's early, no doubt, but if Wentz is already taking pain killers by week 2, the next 14 weeks aren't going to be fun. Just ask Romo.

I agree. Wentz is stupid talented but he is also way to risky. He needs to play smarter but I get his need to win and go all out. But maybe not risk potential serious injury week 2. He has a reputation for being injury prone for a reason and while it was awesome seeing him throw that ball before his knee hit the ground.... next time just throw it away?

12 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Wentz has shown he is as tough as they come. He is equally as talented at the position. BUT, and this is a big but, if he continues to play with such reckless abandon he will end up more like Andrew Luck than Tom Brady. No doubt he was playing with, at the very least bruised ribs, if not cracked or broken last night. The whole cameo of Josh McCownΒ was so the pain injection they gave Wentz could take affect, let's not have any disillusions about that.

He has to learn that sometimes you throw the ball away to play another day. That is not in his vocabulary and it is going to get him killed out there.

So with that said, I would not be willing to bet one way or the other what Philly's chances are of winning the division or advancing in the playoffs. It's early, no doubt, but if Wentz is already taking pain killers by week 2, the next 14 weeks aren't going to be fun. Just ask Romo.

I also wonder if its fair to criticize Wentz's ball placement in relation to getting some of his WR's hurt. It seems like multiple throws Wentz either left the WR exposed, or threw him into on coming traffic.Β 

Maybe that was a 1 game thing. But it happened multiple times last night. Some key players developed a case of alligator arms after getting knocked around.Β Β 

35 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

@Art_Vandalay

Cowherd: "I think Dak is a top 10 QB"

Tony Gonzales: "Absolutely"

And there it is. My point is finally made. Using a hot take artist as the crux of your argument is foolish.Β 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its much less fun in here today after that bloodbath last night. I feel cant even gloat without feeling bad about it. Sigh, damn you eagles.Β 

Dak's doing what he's supposed to be doing. He's crushing weak opponents. That's a not a knock. He's been playing great. The only team he's not going to crush in the next 6 weeks is the Packers. I expect these takes to be more common over the next couple of months.

Remember when Reid and McNabb were dominating the NFC but when they came up short at the end of the year, all we heard was "lmfao" from everyone else. Oh how the tables have turned. Cowboys fans can puff out their chest in September and October but the Cowboys will inevitably do what they do and come up short. Dak/Garrett are a lesser Reid/McNabb. We were at least getting to NFCCG's. Dak is impressing, but as Colin said, there's nothing impressive about him physically. Accuracy, meh. Arm strength, meh. Stature, meh. Athleticism, meh. He's a great leader and he's reliable. But you're going to need more than that in January. He's going to have to carry them to a win against a good team, which they aren't playing now, andΒ when the pieces around him aren't functioning perfectly, as they are now. And he's just not capable of it.

So as I said, have your fun now. Pogo around on Dak's jock. Because the lmfao's that you're going to receive at the end of the season are going to be that much sweeter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Dak's doing what he's supposed to be doing. He's crushing weak opponents. That's a not a knock. He's been playing great. The only team he's not going to crush in the next 6 weeks is the Packers. I expect these takes to be more common over the next couple of months.

So then you agree with me then? You said 0 analyst had him in the top 10. I showed you 3 sources. Now that number is growing. So the "majority" think Dak is (at/near) top 10?Β 

Remember when Reid and McNabb were dominating the NFC but when they came up short at the end of the year, all we heard was "lmfao" from everyone else. Oh how the tables have turned. Cowboys fans can puff out their chest in September and October but the Cowboys will inevitably do what they do and come up short.

angif-move-the-goalposts-def.gif

You are creating a whole new argument. But okay, lets go at it. Assuming that "Cowboys will come up short because they always do" is dumb. The Eagles came up short for 60 years. Until they didnt. Thats how these things work.

Dak/Garrett are a lesser Reid/McNabb. We were at least getting to NFCCG's.

The two are nothing a like whatsoever. the only thing those 4 individuals have is they all played in the NFC E. This is a lazy comp with no supporting evidence.

Dak is impressing, but as Colin said, there's nothing impressive about him physically. Accuracy, meh. Arm strength, meh. Stature, meh. Athleticism, meh. He's a great leader and he's reliable.

He also said Dak is really good at everything even though he is not great at anything. Which according to @RandyMossIsBoss, that makes him Elite.Β <== I think it was RMIB that said that about Zeke. Maybe it was Danger.Β 

But you're going to need more than that in January. He's going to have to carry them to a win against a good team, which they aren't playing now, andΒ when the pieces around him aren't functioning perfectly, as they are now. And he's just not capable of it.

He literally carried us in every playoff game. It was the defense that failed us. So not only is this baseless hater talk, its factually wrong.

So as I said, have your fun now. Pogo around on Dak's jock. Because the lmfao's that you're going to receive at the end of the season are going to be that much sweeter.

Ill be waiting.Β 

2 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

For sure, I agree. It's a weird thing to witness the last three years. Most of the team will hit snooze the first couple of weeks.Β 
Carson in 2017 and this year would try to pull it all together. Then the last two years, he'd get hurt and either coincidentally or tangentially the team would start trying more.
It's baffling to watch.

I think he has been doing better...but especially like last night. When 3 of his top 5 receivers go down...and the ones that stretch the field the most.
He had to stay alive for the guys in there to finally get seperation. If anyone of Desean, Alshon or Goedert was playing I think we win that by a touchdown.

Supposedly the McCown cameo was because of concussion protocol...but I have no doubt they did something to get him right at the half.

I'm encouraged at our chances at making it solely because of what's going on elsewhere and what are schedule is like this year.
NFC East: We get 3 more games against two bottom 12 teams, all in the month of December. Plus the home game against the Cowboys in there, if they finish strong again and win those 5 games (it's allΒ preceded by the Dolphins game). It can put them in position really quickly
NFC North you have the Packers looking pretty good, but not unstoppable. Rodgers is leaving stuff on the field. Bears came crashing down to earth, Vikings are solid but beatable again.
NFC South: Panthers seem ready to die...or at least Cam does. Falcons are an up and down not great team. And saint just lost Brees for awhile.
NFC West: Seahawks look solid, Rams seem to be having a little bit of hangover...remains to be seen how real that is. Niners have looked not bad against weaker competition. Luckily we avoid them all besides the Seahawks in Philly before that 5 game stretch.

Β 

This is how I see the future for us this year, if Desean, Alshon and others come back and we can stabilize these injuries.

Β 

WK DATE OPPONENT RESULT Β  Β  Β  Β 
1 Sun, Sep 8 Β  Β  Β  Β  Β WΒ Β 32-27 Β  Β  Β  Β 
2 Sun, Sep 15 Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  LΒ 24-20 Β  Β  Β  Β 
3 Sun, Sep 22 Β  Β  Β  Β  W, another sloppy game. But running game shows up for the first time
4 Thu, Sep 26 Β  Β  L, not enough on a short week away. If Alshon and Desean are healthy a mini-shootout.
5 Sun, Oct 6 Β  Β  W, Jets are hobbled and not there yet. 27-10 kinda game
6 Sun, Oct 13 Β  Β  L, Vikings and Dalvin Cook run a ton. Theilen gets a late game score to stop the comeback.
7 Sun, Oct 20 Β  Β  L, Dallas still running high and at home. Will be closer than people think going in.Β 
8 Sun, Oct 27 Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  W, Buffalo is looking ok this year...solid win against a team nobody will give us credit for beating.
9 Sun, Nov 3 Β  Β  W, Trubs looks not great...I'm sure there will be a lot of emotion for the Bears. But we start clicking here.
10 BYE WEEKΒ 
11 Sun, Nov 17 Β  Β  L, both teams are coming off the byes. Good game but the Patriots prove to be too much.Β Β 
12 Sun, Nov 24 Β  Β  W, first real signature win of the year for us. Finally get the Seattle monkey off out back, albeit at home.
Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 

So we are 6-5. slight momentum building. We have Dolphins, Giants,Β Redskins,Β Cowboys and Giants again. Even if the Cowboys beat us again, 10-6 would seen very easily achieved.
Which in the NFC this year, looks like it could be good enough. If we split with the Cowboys there, or beat the Vikings...11-5 gets you at least a wildcard spot, or even the Division if the Cowboys trend downwards.

Β 

If the injuries do get to us, we lose against some worse teams. Miss the playoffs. Sign Clowney or draft a pass rusher in the top 18 next year and try again next year with most of the same team intact...just wasnt our year.

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

So then you agree with me then? You said 0 analyst had him in the top 10. I showed you 3 sources. Now that number is growing. So the "majority" think Dak is (at/near) top 10?Β 

angif-move-the-goalposts-def.gif

You are creating a whole new argument. But okay, lets go at it. Assuming that "Cowboys will come up short because they always do" is dumb. The Eagles came up short for 60 years. Until they didnt. Thats how these things work.

The two are nothing a like whatsoever. the only thing those 4 individuals have is they all played in the NFC E. This is a lazy comp with no supporting evidence.

He also said Dak is really good at everything even though he is not great at anything. Which according to @RandyMossIsBoss, that makes him Elite.Β <== I think it was RMIB that said that about Zeke. Maybe it was Danger.Β 

He literally carried us in every playoff game. It was the defense that failed us. So not only is this baseless hater talk, its factually wrong.

Ill be waiting.Β 

Not me, I think there’s plenty of things Zeke does at an elite level. Not merely the jack of all trades, master of none, who is durable, that you seem to think he is. There’s nothing elite about merely being good at several things. That is generally enough to be top 10-15 at one’s position though.Β 

You know... something that doesn't get brought up in relation to wentz's apparent brittle body is our medical staff. Pretty much half the starters of the eagles get significant injuries the last three years but no one calls them injury prone, just wentz. I wonder how much his health is affected by our absolutely bottom tier medical staff the same as the rest of the players.Β 

16 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

For sure, I agree. It's a weird thing to witness the last three years. Most of the team will hit snooze the first couple of weeks.Β 
Carson in 2017 and this year would try to pull it all together. Then the last two years, he'd get hurt and either coincidentally or tangentially the team would start trying more.
It's baffling to watch.

I think he has been doing better...but especially like last night. When 3 of his top 5 receivers go down...and the ones that stretch the field the most.
He had to stay alive for the guys in there to finally get seperation. If anyone of Desean, Alshon or Goedert was playing I think we win that by a touchdown.

Supposedly the McCown cameo was because of concussion protocol...but I have no doubt they did something to get him right at the half.

I'm encouraged at our chances at making it solely because of what's going on elsewhere and what are schedule is like this year.
NFC East: We get 3 more games against two bottom 12 teams, all in the month of December. Plus the home game against the Cowboys in there, if they finish strong again and win those 5 games (it's allΒ preceded by the Dolphins game). It can put them in position really quickly
NFC North you have the Packers looking pretty good, but not unstoppable. Rodgers is leaving stuff on the field. Bears came crashing down to earth, Vikings are solid but beatable again.
NFC South: Panthers seem ready to die...or at least Cam does. Falcons are an up and down not great team. And saint just lost Brees for awhile.
NFC West: Seahawks look solid, Rams seem to be having a little bit of hangover...remains to be seen how real that is. Niners have looked not bad against weaker competition. Luckily we avoid them all besides the Seahawks in Philly before that 5 game stretch.

Β 

This is how I see the future for us this year, if Desean, Alshon and others come back and we can stabilize these injuries.

Β 

WK DATE OPPONENT RESULT Β  Β  Β  Β 
1 Sun, Sep 8 Β  Β  Β  Β  Β WΒ Β 32-27 Β  Β  Β  Β 
2 Sun, Sep 15 Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  LΒ 24-20 Β  Β  Β  Β 
3 Sun, Sep 22 Β  Β  Β  Β  W, another sloppy game. But running game shows up for the first time
4 Thu, Sep 26 Β  Β  L, not enough on a short week away. If Alshon and Desean are healthy a mini-shootout.
5 Sun, Oct 6 Β  Β  W, Jets are hobbled and not there yet. 27-10 kinda game
6 Sun, Oct 13 Β  Β  L, Vikings and Dalvin Cook run a ton. Theilen gets a late game score to stop the comeback.
7 Sun, Oct 20 Β  Β  L, Dallas still running high and at home. Will be closer than people think going in.Β 
8 Sun, Oct 27 Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  W, Buffalo is looking ok this year...solid win against a team nobody will give us credit for beating.
9 Sun, Nov 3 Β  Β  W, Trubs looks not great...I'm sure there will be a lot of emotion for the Bears. But we start clicking here.
10 BYE WEEKΒ 
11 Sun, Nov 17 Β  Β  L, both teams are coming off the byes. Good game but the Patriots prove to be too much.Β Β 
12 Sun, Nov 24 Β  Β  W, first real signature win of the year for us. Finally get the Seattle monkey off out back, albeit at home.
Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 

So we are 6-5. slight momentum building. We have Dolphins, Giants,Β Redskins,Β Cowboys and Giants again. Even if the Cowboys beat us again, 10-6 would seen very easily achieved.
Which in the NFC this year, looks like it could be good enough. If we split with the Cowboys there, or beat the Vikings...11-5 gets you at least a wildcard spot, or even the Division if the Cowboys trend downwards.

Β 

If the injuries do get to us, we lose against some worse teams. Miss the playoffs. Sign Clowney or draft a pass rusher in the top 18 next year and try again next year with most of the same team intact...just wasnt our year.

Aside from you sleeping on the bears and Seattle being a better team presently, this seems like a pretty fair take. Obvi injuries are hitting your team at a ridiculous rate right now, so that has to change or this is all a moot point. This game against DET is huge for the Eagles imo. With how banged up you are its a tougher match up than anyone would have expected before the season.Β 

The Lions are probably better than the Falcons.Β 

At the end of the day though:Β 

The south has fallen apart

The north is not playing well

The west is going to beat eachother up

So getting a wildcard out of the East is perfectly reasonable.Β 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

You know... something that doesn't get brought up in relation to wentz's apparent brittle body is our medical staff. Pretty much half the starters of the eagles get significant injuries the last three years but no one calls them injury prone, just wentz. I wonder how much his health is affected by our absolutely bottom tier medical staff the same as the rest of the players.Β 

Im interested in Eagles fans opinions on this:

43 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I also wonder if its fair to criticize Wentz's ball placement in relation to getting some of his WR's hurt. It seems like multiple throws Wentz either left the WR exposed, or threw him into on coming traffic.Β 

Maybe that was a 1 game thing. But it happened multiple times last night. Some key players developed a case of alligator arms after getting knocked around.Β Β 

Β 

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I'll be waiting

Reddit's waiting for you at the end of the year too.

Understand that the "took you guys long enough to win" take doesn't affect us. We got to witness our teams first championship at the peak of our fandom. Something that Dallas fans under 40 can't say.Β But we know Eagles winning a ship demoralized you as seen from your emotional breakdown and hiatus to reddit after our championship a mere year and a half ago.Β So just understand that we are aware ofΒ this and the more you gloat about early season success, the worse it's going to be in January. There's going to be a Sunday or Monday morning where you login to 30 new notifications. I'm just trying to prepare you, bud.

1 minute ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Reddit's waiting for you at the end of the year too.

Understand that the "took you guys long enough to win" take doesn't affect us. We got to witness our teams first championship at the peak of our fandom. Something that Dallas fans under 40 can't say.Β But we know Eagles winning a ship demoralized you as seen from your emotional breakdown and hiatus to reddit after our championship a mere year and a half ago.Β So just understand that we are aware ofΒ this and the more you gloat about early season success, the worse it's going to be in January. There's going to be a Sunday or Monday morning where you login to 30 new notifications. I'm just trying to prepare you, bud.

Cool. TBF though, I was just trying to point out that Cowherd sucks and constantly changes his opinion. You are the one that turned it into more than that. Not me.Β 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Aside from you sleeping on the bears and Seattle being a better team presently, this seems like a pretty fair take. Obvi injuries are hitting your team at a ridiculous rate right now, so that has to change or this is all a moot point. This game against DET is huge for the Eagles imo. With how banged up you are its a tough match up than anyone would have expected before the season.Β 

The Lions are probably better than the Falcons.Β 

At the end of the day though:Β 

The south has fallen apart

The north is not playing well

The west is going to beat eachother up

So getting a wildcard out of the East is perfectly reasonable.Β 

Bears are a good squad, Trubs is not.
Especially in Philly...it being November when we seem to start clicking these last few years. I'm confident that we can win that one barring long term injuries.

Lions and Falcons are somewhere on the same spectrum. But they don't have the playmakers that will kill our defense quite the way the Falcons did. Will be a tougher game than imagined given the current circumstances though I agree.

Yeah this is a year that if you can just kinda keep it together and then get hot, you should be good for the postseason.