πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

Zeke has looked really bad since our game. He looks so slow behind the line, might be lack of decisiveness since he's used to gaping holes but that hasn't been the case lately, since he looked fast as usual on screen TD. Hope the run game is still struggling come our matchup, if we don't sell out to stop Zeke (and still fail) and focus more on their passing attack, which has been on fire, I could see us win. That is still looking like the game that decides division .

6 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Zeke has looked really bad since our game. He looks so slow behind the line, might be lack of decisiveness since he's used to gaping holes but that hasn't been the case lately, since he looked fast as usual on screen TD. Hope the run game is still struggling come our matchup, if we don't sell out to stop Zeke (and still fail) and focus more on their passing attack, which has been on fire, I could see us win. That is still looking like the game that decides division .

Zeke has not looked good most of the year. He has been slow and not explosive. Against the vikings he faced a loaded box on only 2 snaps and he still couldnt create anything. Longest run was 6 yards.Β 

He has developed this annoying trend of seeking contact and falling into a guy instead of using his agility to make a cut/athletic move.

A couple of you scoffed at Dak in the MVP convo. I agree he isnt winning it, but he is top 5 in terms of in the conversation:

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

ivgfcn2fcjz31.jpg?width=708&auto=webp&s=

Β 

yzttjf2k9iz31.jpg?width=807&auto=webp&s=

EJSi13GXsAEYWkm?format=png&name=small

Β 

^^^^ Cowboys are actually more injured than the Eagles and our WRs have more drops. ^^^^

(not trying to trash talk because I know what its like to see your franchise QB having coaching/injuries/teammates mess them up. It sucks and it screws with their confidence)

Β 

We have the better WR group for sure, the numbers do not lie. Cooper is good route runner but you can't rely on him when he drops a pass every game, where our #1 AlshonΒ is pretty sure handed.

Β 

Can't imagine how good Seattle would be if guys like Ethan Pocic, Justin Britt, Ed Dickson, Jordan Simmons, Tedric Thompson, etc. weren't on IR.Β 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I'll believe he's elite when the Jones' believe he's elite $$$$$Β ;)

I get the dig, but this is repeated a lot on sports shows and I dont get it. Both the Jones's have said they are going to pay him a huge contract - - yet everyone is like "but he is on a rookie deal!!!"

Dak himself said he cant ask for league leading money until he wins a superbowl. He is waiting to see if he wins the superbowl this year.Β 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Β 

If you guys are going to claim Wentz is Elite because he was almost MVP in 2017, then I am going to counter that Dak got MVP votes in 2016 and 2019 (maybe).

Wait....you're claiming something that hasn't happened yet!? I generally give you the benefit of the doubt in Dak arguments but c'mon O.o

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

Wait....you're claiming something that hasn't happened yet!? I generally give you the benefit of the doubt in Dak arguments but c'mon O.o

Its not a strong argument. And it 100% clearly hinges on next week; which my expectation bar is very low. But if he got votes as a top 3 efficiency QB (2016) than I do think its possible he gets them as a top 3 bulk qb (2019).Β 

Β 

For the record, I value efficiency.Β 

Dak will make his case for MVP votes and money the rest of the year and possibly playoffs. If he crashes and burns, then he’s just not where his supporters think he is. If he takes the team to a division chip and into the conference game then you have to give him his props and money. He’d have clearly deserved it then. But not now, he’s gotten these bulk stats off of terribleΒ defenses. And the Cowboys are still just an average team currently. Well, slightly better than average record wise. The best defensive team he’s beaten is the Eagles. The Eagles. He’s struggled against every decent defensive team and has annihilated all the bad ones, padding his stats. He’s played NO, NYJ, and the Eagles (somehow) all rated in the top 1/3 or so and he’s thrown a total ofΒ Β 1 TD and 2Β INTs. That’s bad and possibly really telling.Β 

He hasn’t shown enough yet. He needs to prove himself the rest of the year to garner anything.Β