πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

32 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Good read. The Reddit Runner vs the Eagles fan who has never so much as checked this sub forum. I think week 16 sent our boy over the deep end.Β 

The dude is effing insane. He put Wentz in the same breath as Marino and Brady.Β 

And yes, I know that I have stated in the past that Dak has the same *playstyle* as Brady. But I meant that he was a king at taking what the defense gave him, not that he is as talented as a 6 time champ.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

@Matts4313Β how much do you hate having to root for Danny Dimes? (this one's for you @Gmen)

Im not. Our team is so freaking stupid. I just want to be taken out to the pasture. Put me out of my misery.Β 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The dude is effing insane. He put Wentz in the same breath as Marino and Brady.Β 

And yes, I know that I have stated in the past that Dak has the same *playstyle* as Brady. But I meant that he was a king at taking what the defense gave him, not that he is as talented as a 6 time champ.

Im not. Our team is so freaking stupid. I just want to be taken out to the pasture. Put me out of my misery.Β 

thank god he didn't do compare wentz to steve young and brady!

• Like 1

It's funny that the biggest argument Wentz haters cling to is "his teammates don't like him". We basically know exactly who bashed Wentz in both anonymous reports, and it is the same guy who as soon as he got hurt this season or offense magically started playing like they cared(Alshon). Not to mention the tons of public statements from his teammates coming out in support of the guy, the most recent one being Brandon Brooks which was completely unprompted btw.

Wentz just clowned on Dak this past Sunday. Made him look like a complete chump and outplayed him in every aspect of the game. Injured or not, Amari Cooper in on fourth down or not, that is a fact. Anyone bashing on Wentz, saying the fans are down on him, or that his teammates don't like him is just a hater, plain and simple. Number one hater has been and always will be @Matts4313.

Btw, god it felt good to beat the Cowboys last week. Even if we lose this weekend, beating the Cowboys was sweet enough to carry me into the offseason feeling not completely terrible.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You always leave off that I said he was closer to Alex Smith.Β 

In his rookie season you really gave no mentions of Alex Smith. As I recall it was only when Dak started his great slump that you backtracked to Alex Smith.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It's funny that the biggest argument Wentz haters cling to is "his teammates don't like him". We basically know exactly who bashed Wentz in both anonymous reports, and it is the same guy who as soon as he got hurt this season or offense magically started playing like they cared(Alshon). Not to mention the tons of public statements from his teammates coming out in support of the guy, the most recent one being Brandon Brooks which was completely unprompted btw.

The same 6+ people you mean. And you are also forgetting that he is injury prone. Also he has never matched his 9 game production.Β 

But he is talented. There is a reason he was selected #2 overall.Β 

Wentz just clowned on Dak this past Sunday.

Dak is playing with 2 broken hands and a bum shoulder. The dude should have never suited up.Β 

Made him look like a complete chump and outplayed him in every aspect of the game. Injured or not, Amari Cooper in on fourth down or not, that is a fact.

Which would be a coaching issue.

Anyone bashing on Wentz, saying the fans are down on him, or that his teammates don't like him is just a hater, plain and simple. Number one hater has been and always will be @Matts4313.

I dont hate Wentz. I really wanted us to draft him. I just like trolling you guys. Lets face it, weve had the better QB since like 2006...Β 

And weve won nothing of importance. So thats a special feat of ineptitude.Β 

Btw, god it felt good to beat the Cowboys last week. Even if we lose this weekend, beating the Cowboys was sweet enough to carry me into the offseason feeling not completely terrible.

You should feel terrible for being an awful sports fan. And dont forget it.Β 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

In his rookie season you really gave no mentions of Alex Smith. As I recall it was only when Dak started his great slump that you backtracked to Alex Smith.

Lol. This is exactly wrong. I said he was a less athletic Alex Smith who mimicked Bradys playstyle.Β 

Would you like me to dig old quotes?Β 

As I have said a million times, this fanbase has the worst memory I have ever seen. You guys selectively choose what you want to hear. I am more than happy to prove you guys wrong.

Again.Β 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Lol. This is exactly wrong. I said he was a less athletic Alex Smith who mimicked Bradys playstyle.Β 

As I have said a million times, this fanbase has the worst memory I have ever seen. You guys selectively choose what you want to hear. I am more than happy to prove you guys wrong.

Again.Β 

Go ahead. I want links to the posts from his rookie season.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Again.Β 

Dak sucksΒ 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The same 6+ people you mean. And you are also forgetting that he is injury prone. Also he has never matched his 9 game production.Β 

But he is talented. There is a reason he was selected #2 overall.Β 

Dak is playing with 2 broken hands and a bum shoulder. The dude should have never suited up.Β 

Which would be a coaching issue.

I dont hate Wentz. I really wanted us to draft him. I just like trolling you guys. Lets face it, weve had the better QB since like 2006...Β 

And weve won nothing of importance. So thats a special feat of ineptitude.Β 

You should feel terrible for being an awful sports fan. And dont forget it.Β 

6+ people from a year ago... players who might not be on the team and remained anonymous. Basically, a group of cowards. Same as Alshon, and again look how good our team played when the cancer was removed..... shocking. At the very least, our organization believes in Wentz enough to give him the contract. Can you say the same for Dak? Guess we will see....

And ya I hear the excuses, bottom line is Wentz played fantastic, Dak didn't. Division on the line, season on the line one QB showed up the other didn't. Blame it on what you want, it is a fact.

Nice "trolling" btw. You hate Wentz, it is obvious. You can say what you want, no one believes you.Β 

And thanks for the morality argument buddy, but I luckily couldn't care less about what you think about me. Try giving advice to someone who cares.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 3

On 9/3/2017 at 1:01 PM, Matts4313 said:

Ive been saying he plays like Tom Brady since about mid season. Thats just my opinion, and obviously Brady is the GOAT so I am no comparing their accolades. Just stating the type of player they are. To me, he is a mix of Alex Smith and Tom Brady. Very smart with the ball (all three of them), he is more athletic than Tom, less than Alex. He has a better deep ball than Alex, but less than (prime) Tom.

Β 

@Jroc04Β Maybe we are splitting hairs, because I do not expect his turnovers to be that low again. But If he has a ~95-105 QB rating again next year, I would not say he regressed. For example, maybe it looks more like 35TD 10INT Β - that would still be a very good season.Β 

Β 

On 10/23/2017 at 9:11 PM, Matts4313 said:

Steve Young is the pinnacle of what Alex Smith could have become.

Β 

On 10/23/2017 at 9:02 PM, Matts4313 said:

No I didnt. Be honest. Every single time I have compared him to Brady, I have also brought up Alex Smith. And I have stated numerous times that he is no where near Brady's level - - just their styles are the same.Β 

Β 

Cmon man, dont be that guy who just blurts out random insults by twisting words.

Β 

On 10/18/2017 at 11:30 AM, Matts4313 said:

You know my stance - Dak is the gay love child of Brady and Alex Smith. Hes more athletic than Brady, that much is clearly obvious. But Dak is pretty slow. Hes just thick and has enough juice to get away from D lineman. Wentz is probably the better athlete, TBH, but Dak is probably harder to tackle. The man has tree trunks for legs.Β 

And yes, I do think Dak is pretty phenomenal passer. And yes, I agree that 100% of QBs win because they have a great team. And yes, Im not a moron, I think if switched Rodgers would make the Cowboys better and Dak would make the Packers worse. Aaron is probably the best QB to ever walk the planet earth, soooo...Β 

Β 

On 10/18/2017 at 10:48 AM, Matts4313 said:

I feel like the Wilson comparison is lazy because they are both black. Dak is much bigger and much more slower than Wilson. Its why Ive stuck with Brady. But Wilson, much like Brady/Alex Smith are best known for not losing you the game. Smart with the ball. So that side of the comp is fair.Β 

Β 

And no team truly carriers their team. If that was true than the 2 greatest passers weve ever seen (Manning/Rodgers) would of had much more post season success. Yet ite Brady, with the GOAT coach and quite often an incredible defense, has 5 rings.Β 

That literally took me 5 seconds @Danger... But seeing as this forum changed over in 2017, you will have to accept september as a starting point...Β 

10 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

6+ people from a year ago... players who might not be on the team and remained anonymous. Basically, a group of cowards.

You have any evidence of this happening to any other QB.. Ever? In the history of the NFL?

Same as Alshon, and again look how good our team played when the cancer was removed..... shocking. At the very least, our organization believes in Wentz enough to give him the contract. Can you say the same for Dak? Guess we will see....

Yes, Dak is getting a contract. Our owner and his son have both said it.Β 

And ya I hear the excuses, bottom line is Wentz played fantastic, Dak didn't. Division on the line, season on the line one QB showed up the other didn't. Blame it on what you want, it is a fact.

Dak shouldnt have played. And he was pretty terrible.Β 

Nice "trolling" btw. You hate Wentz, it is obvious. You can say what you want, no one believes you.Β 

I really dont hate Wentz. From what I can tell he is a charitable, upstanding citizen. I just talk trash because he is your QB and he is part of the 2016 class. Ask @ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI, I give Goff hell also.

And thanks for the morality argument buddy, but I luckily couldn't care less about what you think about me. Try giving advice to someone who cares.

Morality argument? You mean my Philly dig? You shouldnt care about that comment, that was just me being cheeky.Β 

Edited by Matts4313