🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

I really hope Garrett Trolls Jerry and the Cowboys and heads to the Giants. Then we can debate what occurs first?

Jason Garrett winning a SB for the Giants?

McCarthy winning a SB with Dallas and becoming the only HC in NFL history to Win 2 SB with two Seperate Teams?

Now that's a GD Race!!!!

3 minutes ago, Danger said:
5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sorry but their records the past 10 years suggests otherwise. Damn near identical before Rivera was fired. One just Claps the other Scowls.

and your point? that's about the only thing they have in common..

That's a pretty big similarity don't ya think? People want to pretend Rivera is some Great Coach that far exceeded what he was given. I live in NC, that's so far from the GD truth its comical, he's not!

The only Difference between the two besides  (Optical Style) is one made the SB in a market where expectations are a 10th of what they are in Dallas, the other also sucked and didn't. Rivera only had 3 Winning seasons for God sake in 10 years? It just gets overblown because of that one Fluke 15-1 Cam Newton miracle season!!

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

That's a pretty big similarity don't ya think? People want to pretend Rivera is some Great Coach that far exceeded what he was given. I live in NC, that's so far from the GD truth its comical, he's not!

The only Difference between the two besides  (Optical Style) is one made the SB in a market where expectations are a 10th of what they are in Dallas, the other also sucked and didn't. Rivera only had 3 Winning seasons for God sake in 10 years? It just gets overblown because of that one Fluke 15-1 Cam Newton miracle season!!

Gary Kubiak won a Super Bowl coming into a situation much like the one McCarthy is now. Frankly, the people in place in Dallas, under the command of Rivera would have meshed together incredibly well.

Reference: Gary Kubiak was basically .500 (slightly below before that)

Edited by Danger

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

He's solid, had a good last year in Miami and first year in Atlanta almost a decade ago. Shouldn’t regress the defense at least. If they get a defensive backfield they can be a solid unit.

Is that the issue Jones a FA and J. Jones making decisions? 

22 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Rivera only had 3 Winning seasons for God sake in 10 years? It just gets overblown because of that one Fluke 15-1 Cam Newton miracle season!!

After his first two years taking over a 2-14 team, he made the playoffs every year Cam wasn't either playing hurt or not playing at all.

Edited by HTTRDynasty

46 minutes ago, Danger said:

Gary Kubiak won a Super Bowl coming into a situation much like the one McCarthy is now. Frankly, the people in place in Dallas, under the command of Rivera would have meshed together incredibly well.

Reference: Gary Kubiak was basically .500 (slightly below before that)

Rivera sucked. Im not going to debate every little point; but they both suffered from the same disease. Old school, "execution" coaches who turned into gamblers after they were publicly criticized, only to fall back into being conservative/old school coaches again. 

They were near identical in the results as well. 

39 minutes ago, nlesthought said:
4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

He's solid, had a good last year in Miami and first year in Atlanta almost a decade ago. Shouldn’t regress the defense at least. If they get a defensive backfield they can be a solid unit.

Is that the issue Jones a FA and J. Jones making decisions? 

can you clarify what you mean?

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

After his first two years taking over a 2-14 team, he made the playoffs every year Cam wasn't either playing hurt or not playing at all.

So 4 out of 8 years with Cam not counting his rookie season, gotcha! With a 7-8-1 Division Title as one of those 4 playoff appearances? You just described Jason Garrett type results!

Doug Pederson is 1 playoff appearance away from tying both and has only coached 4 seasons total. Two of those with a back up QB and a SB. Don't want to hear excuses, sorry!

Damn all of you for having me agree with Matt's on anything. Jason 2.0!

Edited by Nabbs4u

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So 4 out of 8 years with Cam not counting his rookie season, gotcha! With a 7-8-1 Division Title as one of those 4 playoff appearances? You just described Jason Garrett type results!

Doug Pederson is 1 playoff appearance away from tying both and has only coached 4 seasons total. Two of those with a back up QB and a SB. Don't want to hear excuses, sorry!

Damn all of you for having me agree with Matt's on anything. Jason 2.0!

Lol.  I would think after yesterday you would recognize the difference in going from a quality starter to Foles vs. going from a quality starter to a bum as a backup QB.

11 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Lol.  I would think after yesterday you would recognize the difference in going from a quality starter to Foles vs. going from a quality starter to a bum as a backup QB.

hey man dont call mccown a bum. we all love that dude 

So for the last two years I have predicted what the Eagles season would look like much, much better than any Eagles fan on this site:

On 6/7/2019 at 11:24 AM, Matts4313 said:

Unpopular opinion incoming: Their roster is too old to "win now". Their OL is the oldest in the NFL, their QB and Secondary are both injury prone and their starting WRs are on the wrong side of 30.

My prediction is they come out gangbusters, probably lead leading record at the half way point, only to fizzle out when 1/2 their team is suffering nagging injuries. 

Obviously the order of wins wasnt correct, but how the season played out as whole was. Maybe its time for you all to listen to an outsiders perspective ;)

41 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

So for the last two years I have predicted what the Eagles season would look like much, much better than any Eagles fan on this site:

Obviously the order of wins wasnt correct, but how the season played out as whole was. Maybe its time for you all to listen to an outsiders perspective ;)

Nothing was correct about your statement.