🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

5 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I think the difference is that a guy, assumingly one with enough talent, doesn’t get the contract he thinks he’s worth and takes a 1 year deal to prove he can stay healthy or perform at a high enough level to justify a multi year deal against a guy that’s just a hanger-on and is living year to year like backups or reserves or special teamers. Clowney may go that route. We’ve seen Jeremy Maclin do it here. Darby did it last year. Can you say the same for Will Parks or Jatavis Brown? Those guys are just year to year guys unless they do something off the charts effective. “One year prove it deals” assume that the guy, normally, would get long term big money offers if his talent matched his performance and health. There’s a difference. 

I guess Brown and Parks if performed to their contract or better in a way they would have prove it and get an extension. I mean I get what you are saying but when you look into it, both situations are the same. 

12 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I guess Brown and Parks if performed to their contract or better in a way they would have prove it and get an extension. I mean I get what you are saying but when you look into it, both situations are the same. 

Meh, there’s a clear difference between a guy like Parks for example compared to Maclin. Parks was never in line to cash in. Maclin played pretty well, got hurt in his cash in year and then had to sign a 1 year deal to prove he was healthy/good enough and then cashed in. Parks could ball out and make some money for himself but to this point his 1 year deal isn’t to prove anything other than just be adequate or just not a detriment. Clowney, with all the talent in the world, may have to settle for a 1 year, 16M “prove it” deal to get a team to sign him long term in 2021. Guys like Brown and Parks are just plug in/plug out yearly acquisitions. 

On 4/15/2020 at 6:54 PM, DeJack_10 said:

Redskin fans are like crickets... they make so much noise in the offseason, but are never seen during the season.

Like on this forum, or in life? I disagree with both, but I wasn't sure where you were going.

53 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Like on this forum, or in life? I disagree with both, but I wasn't sure where you were going.

In my personal experience with Redskins fans in the Philly area it’s a whole lot of talk until they prove, at least recently, inevitably bad or average. Which is usually pretty early. And then nothing until the next year. But I guess that’s every team and their fans. Hope springs eternal on repeat. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

In my personal experience with Redskins fans in the Philly area it’s a whole lot of talk until they prove, at least recently, inevitably bad or average. Which is usually pretty early. And then nothing until the next year. But I guess that’s every team and their fans. Hope springs eternal on repeat. 

That's the gist of it. We've been bad mostly for so long all we have is the off season - where we argue a bunch too. But we stay active throughout the season. I won't speak for Skins fans in Philly. They probably take enough abuse being where they are haha.

But, I've been here long enough to see this team forum want to burn itself down too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That's the gist of it. We've been bad mostly for so long all we have is the off season - where we argue a bunch too. But we stay active throughout the season. I won't speak for Skins fans in Philly. They probably take enough abuse being where they are haha.

But, I've been here long enough to see this team forum want to burn itself down too.

It’s that northeast passion. We hate each other so much because we are so much alike. 

• Like 1

So, Daniel Jones vs Haskins. Which year 2 QB will suck the least?

I just realized the NFCE has Dak vs Wentz same draft class, and Jones vs Haskins same draft class. A pair of same class QB pairs. That has to be pretty rare. 2 drafts to fill an entire divisions starting QB roster.

6 hours ago, Jeezla said:

So, Daniel Jones vs Haskins. Which year 2 QB will suck the least?

I just realized the NFCE has Dak vs Wentz same draft class, and Jones vs Haskins same draft class. A pair of same class QB pairs. That has to be pretty rare. 2 drafts to fill an entire divisions starting QB roster.

Both probably have worse coaching situations this time around.