πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

20 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Β 

Still doesn't answer the question.Β  Where's the proof he's actually done well against those WRs?Β  For example, there's proof that Josh Norman went up against those same WRs and did extremely well when he was in his prime, even though he struggled against quick, shifty WRs like OBJ, TY HiltonΒ and D Jax.

G98zatp.png

Look at the Carolina baby blue.Β  Hanging out in the lower left hand quadrant.Β 

I hope you appreciate that I took 30 minutes out of my day to make that graph just for you.

Redskins defense > Giants Defense
Giants Offense > Redskins OffenseΒ 

The Redskins D-Line is super young and even more super talented, though that's not surprising given the amount of draft capital they've invested in it with a first round pick each of the last 4 years going to the D-Line. Redskins need Linebackers though, and a bit of help all over the secondary, though no one spot Corner or safety in and of itself is overwhelmed more than another. Gmen can spin it any way he wants, but the Giants defense is not going to be any modicum better than it was last year.

Giants have Barkley. Redskins have.... Derrius 2KAY Guice. As for pass catching weapons, the Redskins have McLaurin. Giants have Sheppard, Engram, Tate, and Slayton. As this point in time McLaurin might be the best individually, but they have nothing else besides him this season. And ironically enough. The Giants should have the superior O-Line.

18 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Look at the Carolina baby blue.Β  Hanging out in the lower left hand quadrant.Β 

I hope you appreciate that I took 30 minutes out of my day to make that graph just for you.

Nice chart. Β Appreciate the effort. Β It looks like he'sΒ successful defending Mike Evans at least, who is definitely the poorest route-runner out of the three. Β Why not include 2016 and 2017 though?

Just from a cursory view of PFR:

vs Evans

1804578921_ScreenShot2020-05-18at4_01_02

Β 

vs Thomas

844162942_ScreenShot2020-05-18at4_00_36P

Β 

vs Jones

2139791231_ScreenShot2020-05-18at4_00_50

Β 

Edited by HTTRDynasty

16 minutes ago, Danger said:

Giants Offense > Redskins OffenseΒ 

Giants have Barkley. Redskins have.... Derrius 2KAY Guice. As for pass catching weapons, the Redskins have McLaurin. Giants have Sheppard, Engram, Tate, and Slayton. As this point in time McLaurin might be the best individually, but they have nothing else besides him this season. And ironically enough. The Giants should have the superior O-Line.

I agree the GiantsΒ weapons are better overall, mostly because the Redskins are largely reliant on 1st and 2nd year players who haven't shown enough yet, but the potential is definitely there with guys like Sims, Gibson and AGG. Β I think the OL is a wash. Β I think the Redskins have a better C, RG and RT, while the Giants are better on the left side.

But offenseΒ will mostlyΒ come down to QB:Β whether Jones improves his decision-making/turnovers and whether Haskins improves his mechanics/accuracy going into their sophomore seasons.

14 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Why not include 2016 and 2017 though?

Two reasons. First, the last two seasons are much more relevant.Β  Second, Bradberry was coming out of Samford.Β  You'd have to forgive him if he struggled to adjust against Julio Jones right off the bat.

1 minute ago, Gmen said:

Two reasons. First, the last two seasons are much more relevant.Β  Second, Bradberry was coming out of Samford.Β  You'd have to forgive him if he struggled to adjust against Julio Jones right off the bat.

Sure. Β Sample size is much smaller though.Β 

I'll concede he seems to do well against Evans. Β I think you'll agree though that the guys he'll be facing in the NFCE are quicker and better route-runners than Evans, even though Evans is thought of as better overall. Β As Josh Norman showed, the types of WRs you face matters. Β Bradberry gives up explosive plays at an alarming rate... and that only benefits the types of WRs he'll face in the NFCE.

30 minutes ago, Danger said:

FIFY

I mean yeah, but that still doesn't change the fact that they aren't known commodities that you know you can count on. They have no body of professional work that can be accounted for. Which is why I find teams that make significant jumps in post draft power rankings to be hysterical. And grading drafts is the most hysterical.

"It’s worth remembering that, although Philadelphia sports fans are a horde of inhuman monsters who deserve neither sympathyΒ nor understanding, the people paid to tend to those monsters really depend on their monster money," Oliver said.Β 

https://www.phillyvoice.com/john-oliver-philly-sports-fans-last-week-tonight-gritty-inhuman-monsters/

:D