πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

On 5/21/2020 at 12:43 AM, babyatemydingo said:

John Oliver?
The man who has forsaken his native netball and badminton for the NY Mets?
You quote him?

I will quote anyone who makes fun of the Eagles. I am not ashamed.

On 5/21/2020 at 11:17 AM, EagleBlueDon said:

ESPN Bill Barnwell's off season rankings has us at 17 and Dallas at 5 lol. People really putting that much stock into a draft class? I feel like that team lost a lot more than they gained this off season coming off an 8-8 season to boot.

Nah. We just lost big names.Β 

On 5/21/2020 at 11:21 AM, HTTRDynasty said:

Β 

He basically wants the 5th year to be whatever the franchise tag is 5 years from now. But really we are talking about $37m/yr instead of $35m/yr. Not insanely different.Β 

On 5/21/2020 at 12:20 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

Went 8-8
Worse at C

Worse at CB

No TE

Drafted a WR they didn’t really needΒ 

TOP 5 baby!Β 
Β 

Homer

22 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Their secondary is going to be bad though, and we have no idea if their pass rush will actually be any good. Β The rest of their roster is pretty stacked, for sure.

EDIT: I do hate that they were able to re-unite Aldon Smith with Jim Tomsula, but I don't think Poe or McCoyΒ will be able to play the Justin Smith role all that well.

Β 

Secondary bad? We lost 1 RCB, added 2 possible replacements and upgraded at safety. It will probably be about the same as last year.Β 

On 5/21/2020 at 1:28 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

That is wild if Dak turned down 5 years $175M. I hope this situation sours and they end up with hold out Dak and are forced to start Dalton while the Dak dramaΒ hovers over them.

Why is it wild? Jared Goff is atΒ $33.5 in 2018. Cap went up 5%. That makes just a shade over $35m/yr. Add on top of that Dak is a much better QB than Wentz and you are looking at another premium.Β 

36 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Β 

I suspect anyone who makes these generic comments. There is about 20 different ways we could fit Jamal under the cap that dont include Dak. On top of that, I think this NY beat writer is throwing in the Cowboys name because it creates followers.

Hey Dak not only do we not want you to get your 35M a year long term, but we need to get your number well below 30 so we can trade for Adam's. Remember,Β  you will make millions more after your career is over when we still dont win the SB. πŸ‘

We're not asking Lawrence or Jaylen or Tyron or Zeke. Just you!🍺

Lost big names? Uhh Byron Jones, Travis Frederick, and Robert Quinn are a little more than big names my man. It's funny you mention big names though. Because that's exactly what you signed in Gerald McCoy, Dontari Poe and HHCD. Those three players fit that moniker to a tee. Highly rated players from the past with high profile draft spots. Your roster is objectively worse at corner, defensive end, and center. That fact is inarguable. You upgraded at slot receiver, where you had a 900 yard receiver there last season. Not a whole lotta room there for noticeable improvement. Oh yeah that upgrade is with an unknown rookie to boot.

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Secondary bad? We lost 1 RCB, added 2 possible replacements and upgraded at safety. It will probably be about the same as last year.Β 

You don't even have a proven replacement at the position, let alone someone who will play at Jones' level. Β You could be in for a huge downgrade. Β 

Safety was a marginal upgrade at best. Β Believe me, HaHa is a guy you'll be excited about until he actually plays a few games for you. Β Ask PackersΒ andΒ Redskins fans about that.

Losing Quinn was also huge. Β I think by the end of 2020Β you'll come to appreciate just how much itΒ hurts to lose the 2019 leader in EDGE pass rush win rate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Lost big names? Uhh Byron Jones, Travis Frederick, and Robert Quinn are a little more than big names my man. It's funny you mention big names though. Because that's exactly what you signed in Gerald McCoy, Dontari Poe and HHCD. Those three players fit that moniker to a tee. Highly rated players from the past with high profile draft spots. Your roster is objectively worse at corner, defensive end, and center. That fact is inarguable. You upgraded at slot receiver, where you had a 900 yard receiver there last season. Not a whole lotta room there for noticeable improvement. Oh yeah that upgrade is with an unknown rookie to boot.

No they arent. Thats my point.Β 

Jones was a #2 CB (RCB) who went from an aboveΒ average player to considered a "super star" in one year because he faced less than 100 snaps the entire season against the other teams #1 WR. Jones is a very good player. He isnt elite. He isnt someone that crumbles your defense.

Fredrick was not the same all pro guy. Its literally why he retired.Β 

Quinn was a has-been until he got into Rod's scheme. Rod was a master of getting the most of people and Quinn is no exception. He played AMAZING for us last season. But if we get Greggory back I will feel good.Β 

We upgraded at DL.Β We upgraded at WR/LB (LVE is healthy).Β We dont know about DB or OL just yet - lets see how it plays out.Β 

7 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

You don't even have a proven replacement at the position, let alone someone who will play at Jones' level. Β You could be in for a huge downgrade. Β 

Safety was a marginal upgrade at best. Β Believe me, HaHa is a guy you'll be excited about until he actually plays a few games for you. Β Ask PackersΒ andΒ Redskins fans about that.

Losing Quinn was also huge. Β I think by the end of 2020Β you'll come to appreciate just how much itΒ hurts to lose the 2019 leader in EDGE pass rush win rate.

Yeah we do. Anthony Brown started there for half a year. J Lewis has been here for multiple years and has been our most consistent DB at getting turnovers. Hell Byron Jones himself said that he left the Cowboys because we have to many starting quality guys.Β 

Heath was the worst safety in NFL history. So even if HaHa is bad, thats an enormous upgrade.

Ive addressed Quinn already.Β 

Just because you say something, doesnt make it fact homie.Β 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

What wishful thinking? Show me. Dont just say things, back them up.

Sigh.

Robert Quinn was far from a has-been. Β In 2018, he led the league in pass rush win rate (just like he did in 2019):

image_WR6.png

Β 

Only casuals use sacks as the only measure of a pass rusher's success. Β And even there, he still had 6.5 sacks with 2 forced fumbles. Β Compare that to DeMarcus Lawrence in 2019 - 5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles. Β I guessΒ DLaw is a has-been?

Expecting Randy Gregory to duplicate Quinn's success is laughable at best.

Β 

Per PFF:

If you're a team in need of an outside corner who can consistently win in single coverage, Byron Jones is your man. After manning the safety position over his first three seasons, Jones moved to the outside in 2018 and has since blossomed into one of the five highest-graded players at the alignment.

Expecting not to downgrade after losing one of the five highest-graded outside CBs in the league is wishful thinking.

Β 

Losing Frederick, even though he wasn't what he once was, is more likely to hurt than not. Β Assuming that it won't is wishful thinking.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Sigh.

Robert Quinn was far from a has-been. Β In 2018, he led the league in pass rush win rate (just like he did in 2019):

image_WR6.png

Β 

Only casuals use sacks as the only measure of a pass rusher's success. Β And even there, he still had 6.5 sacks with 2 forced fumbles. Β Compare that to DeMarcus Lawrence in 2019 - 5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles. Β I guessΒ DLaw is a has-been?

He got traded for a 5th.... Cmon man.Β 

Expecting Randy Gregory to duplicate Quinn's success is laughable at best.

Who said that? We can laugh at them and call them strawman.

Per PFF:

Expecting not to downgrade after losing one of the five highest-graded outside CBs in the league is wishful thinking.

Losing Frederick, even though he wasn't what he once was, is more likely to hurt than not. Β Assuming that it won't is wishful thinking.

Β 

Get back at me after you learn 2 reed gud.Β 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

He got traded for a 5th.... Cmon man.Β 

Β 

Get back at me after you learn 2 reed gud.Β 

Lmao at the ducking, running and hiding in this post. Β I knew I was wasting my time engaging here. Β 

Have a good holiday weekend. Β Deuces.

Lmao at the ducking, running and hiding in this post. Β I knew I was wasting my time engaging here. Β 

Have a good holiday weekend. Β Deuces.

You literally are incapable of reading then. Would you like me to direct quote your strawmans vs what I said? Or would you like to continue to run away?Β