πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

31 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

My entire point 4 years ago was that Dak models his game after Brady. In fact I said he was the love child of Alex Smith and Brady. Players who "take what the defense gives you", like to stay in the pocketΒ (Brady) but have some mobility if needed (Smith).Β 

Ive never said Dak was as good as Brady, but that is his play style.Β 

Doesn’t really make sense that a guy that is quick to reset his feet and takes check downs is Brady-esque. That’s a lot of QBs. Eli was a lot like that though he took a lot of chances. I guess the comparison is apt but broad stroked.Β 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

Doesn’t really make sense that a guy that is quick to reset his feet and takes check downs is Brady-esque. That’s a lot of QBs. Eli was a lot like that though he took a lot of chances. I guess the comparison is apt but broad stroked.Β 

Dak checks down much less than you are painting him. Less than Wentz for sure. Dak is an intermediate thrower, always has been. Even as a rookie.Β 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak checks down much less than you are painting him. Less than Wentz for sure. Dak is an intermediate thrower, always has been. Even as a rookie.Β 

I just said takes check downs. I didn’t comment the rate at which he did. By his yards per attempt, he’s perfectly good there. Just about the article, guy states Wentz looks to escape collapsing pockets and make splash plays while Dak will adjust in pocket and take the easy, open man. No knock on him. Risk and reward type differences there. Not necessarily skill level. Just a contrast in style.Β 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gmen said:

The Simms top 40 QB list, No. 39: Dwayne Haskins

I'll let you know how good Simm's list is once we see where Daniel Jones lands

Ah yes, the great Chris Simms, the same guy who ranked Lamar Jackson 30 last year. Β I'll take PFF's rankings over his any day, thanks.

I'm flattered that you didn't have a comeback to my reply to your last post btw. Β It's rare that you admit defeat so easily.

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Ah yes, the great Chris Simms, the same guy who ranked Lamar Jackson 30 last year. Β I'll take PFF's rankings over his any day, thanks.

I'm flattered that you didn't have a comeback to my reply to your last post btw. Β It's rare that you admit defeat so easily.

Ranking Lamar at 30 entering last season wasn't completely unreasonable. Dwayne Haskins is better than 39, but Chris Simms has proven himself time and time again to have really ridiculous takes, whether genuine beliefs or not.

Just now, Danger said:

Ranking Lamar at 30 entering last season wasn't completely unreasonable. Dwayne Haskins is better than 39, but Chris Simms has proven himself time and time again to have really ridiculous takes, whether genuine beliefs or not.

Yeah, that wasΒ just one example of why I don't care about his rankings. Β But he's never someone I've taken seriously.

Just now, Gmen said:

What we've learned about @HTTRDynasty

1. He rejects objective measures that show Haskins is bad
  2. He rejects subjective opinions of people that say Haskins is bad

I'm seeing a pattern

Ah, so no way to refute my point that EPA is far inferior to SIS's Total Points metric when trying to isolate a QB's contribution, so let's make up a new attack to change the subject.

I'm disappointed. Β Thought you were better than that.

Dwayne Haskins stat line AFTER being named the starter.

107/181 (59.1%) - 1225 Yards - 6.8 YPA - 7 TD - 3 INT (85.5 Passer Rating)
Β 

He really wasn't that bad for a Rookie when he wasn't coming in cold with no reps with the starting unit.

27 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Ah, so no way to refute my point that EPA is far inferior to SIS's Total Points metric when trying to isolate a QB's contribution, so let's make up a new attack to change the subject.

I'm disappointed. Β Thought you were better than that.

Β 

s4ovKPn.png

Β 

So you like, SIS eh?

52 minutes ago, Gmen said:

What we've learned about @HTTRDynasty

1. He rejects objective measures that show Haskins is bad
  2. He rejects subjective opinions of people that say Haskins is bad

I'm seeing a pattern

Didn't you just say you'll see how you feel about the list once you see where DJ is?

49 minutes ago, Gmen said:

So you like, SIS eh?

So you sort by On Target % as if that proves who was better? Β Then you leave out their most important metric from the data you screenshot - Total Points?Β  That's pathetic. Β Even forΒ you. Β I guess Luke Falk, Matt Moore and Duck Hodges are all better than Jones.

Total Points is the all-inclusive metric that SIS produces, based on each individual player's contribution to EPA. Β For QBs, it accountsΒ for offensive line play, sacks, off-target passes, dropped passes, and dropped interceptions. Β I'm sure it's a metric you'd be parroting all over the site if Jones had actually done well in it, given its vast superiority to raw EPA.

HaskinsΒ had a higher Total PointsΒ sum in the 2019Β season than Jones, and a much higher Total Points per play than Jones. Β 

Haskins also graded better per PFF. Β There's no hiding from that. Β Sorry.

Β 

Edited by HTTRDynasty

8 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

So you sort by On Target % as if that proves who was better? Β Then you leave out their most important metric from the data you screenshot - Total Points?Β  That's pathetic. Β Even forΒ you. Β I guess Luke Falk, Matt Moore and Duck Hodges are all better than Jones.

Total Points is the all-inclusive metric that SIS produces, based on each individual player's contribution to EPA. Β For QBs, it accountsΒ for offensive line play, sacks, off-target passes, dropped passes, and dropped interceptions. Β I'm sure it's a metric you'd be parroting all over the site if Jones had actually done well in it, given it's vast superiority to raw EPA.

HaskinsΒ had a higher Total PointsΒ sum in the 2019Β season than Jones, and a much higher Total Points per play than Jones. Β  There's no hiding from that. Β Sorry.

We'll get there.Β  We just first have to establish that QBDataMine, CPOE, and now SIS all agree that Haskins couldn't hit the side of a barn

HaskinsΒ had a higher Total PointsΒ sum in the 2019Β season than Jones

That's false.Β  But again, we'll get there.