πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

17 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Ah, I see. Β So now you just resort to outright lying to try to win an argument.

129109396_ScreenShot2020-05-27at9_46_40A

I don't know what site or interface you're using, but I downloaded the data directly from the SIS site an hour ago.Β  Daniel Jones 20.4, Dwayne Haskins 16.9.

1 minute ago, Gmen said:

I don't know what site or interface you're using, but I downloaded the data directly from the SIS site an hour ago.Β  Daniel Jones 20.4, Dwayne Haskins 16.9.

https://sisdatahub.com/leaderboards/QB

Yours probably only includes passing. Β Even with that, Haskins comes out way ahead on a points per drop-back basis.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Ranking Lamar at 30 entering last season wasn't completely unreasonable. Dwayne Haskins is better than 39, but Chris Simms has proven himself time and time again to have really ridiculous takes, whether genuine beliefs or not.

He definitely has a point of view on quarterbacking and players, favors traditional traits a bit more than most people. Like he’s always gonna take a guy with a biggerΒ armΒ who can throw over a Baker Mayfield type. Think it’s his genuine opinion most of the time, not takes to get attention. Him not like Haskins is almost against his traditional leanings for QBs.

If IΒ remember his take on Lamar coming out,Β I think he was one of the few people that put him at or near the top of his qb rankings. (Edit: yeah, it was Lamar, Josh Allen, Baker, Darnold, Rosen) So he was high on him as a draftee, there wasn’t a ton besidesΒ hope to go on before year 2Β that Lamar would ascendΒ to the level he did.Β 
Β 

I used to watch/listen to his show with Adam Lefkoe. Simms isn’tΒ the best analyst out there but I think he is somewhere in the middle at least. If for no other reason than he watches tape, which half of them don’t.Β 

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Thank you Mara!

Signed, the rest of the NFCE.

Β 

No guarantee that Mahomes becomes half the QB he is without Reid's help. Obviously the talent exists, but could anyone else bring it out the way Andy has? Don't know about that.

15 hours ago, Gmen said:

Β 

s4ovKPn.png

Β 

So you like, SIS eh?

Β 

14 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Ah, I see. Β So now you just resort to outright lying to try to win an argument.

129109396_ScreenShot2020-05-27at9_46_40A

Can you guys highlight Dak and Wentz? Asking for a friend.Β 

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Β 

Can you guys highlight Dak and Wentz? Asking for a friend.Β 

It's too bad Dak came up short in every big moment last year, then maybe he'd have an argument for the money he's seeking.

• Like 2

@Gmen

Trying to equate the two metrics is pretty funny. Β Total Points per play is all-encompassing, while on-target percentage is far from it. Β Not to mention Haskins'Β "catchable" percentage is only 1% lower than Jones, and above Tom Brady, Kyler Murray, Jared Goff, etc.

I found this interesting:

Β 

9 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

@Gmen

Trying to equate the two metrics is pretty funny. Β Total Points per play is all-encompassing, while on-target percentage is far from it. Β Not to mention Haskins'Β "catchable" percentage is only 1% lower than Jones, and above Tom Brady, Kyler Murray, Jared Goff, etc.

I found this interesting:

Β 

I'm just presenting the data.Β  So far you've disregarded CPOE, EPA, On-Target%, QBR, TDs, and picked the only statistic that favors Haskins - Total Points per play.Β 

As for the WRs not winning enough, I recall seeing a statistic that showed a big discrepancy in Mclaurin's production when thrown to by Keenum vs Haskins.Β  Which is ironic considering they played together in college too.

44 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Too bad weaponry can't be included in these studies for the sake of the Wentz v Dak argument. That sticks out like a sore thumb in that debate. It's impossible though.

Next Gen Stats CPOE includes receiver separation in their model.Β  So in a way it does account for how good the weapons are.Β